5 years into my game, still don't get it for the most part

drcat, read my reply. The big one, not directed at you. You'll see all kinds o'help.

I agreed with you on the ppv and tv shows. If you are big enough ppv can be alot of money. Tv shows are more for overness. I always save on bookkeeping when it comes to ppv contracts. I set my ppv to everywhere. Instead of having a contract in each place. If you are local fed ppv will eat you alive. Of course doing just events outside the US is painful in some places.

Rookies younger than 30 when the majority is set at 30 is actually awesome. You see the rookies improve alot faster. I worked a 20 year referee with 30 skill to 90 skill in 6 mths gametime. If you start as a fed with no overness at all. You can have alot of rookies. Which is always fun to actually see a year into the game. I made that person famous. The product should be based more performance than popularity. Since your best person will be around 20 popularity. Unless you get lucky and find a person only over in one place. If so you might have a person around 50 in one place. You can also push anybody main event unlike higher levels. You won't get the crowd don't like to see jobbers

yes I know. I did say don't care worker. If I want my guy with zero popularity over. If I sign a guy I don't want over just to steal his popularity. I don't care about that person ever. For example if you use those match settings. MY worker will shoot from zero to around 15 after one match. If the don't care worker had 30 popularity. You get less everytime from that worker. You can always swap around the guys you want over and people you don't care about ever. Honestly this is the fastest way to get over in the game. Other wise you will end up with your whole roster being on the same level. Which is terrible since you need levels. I really don't think everybody knows how to game the system. I bet most people would think my main events are too short but they get the ratings in any product. Just like doing clean wins would always get better ratings most of the time. There is alot of road agent notes so lottery on ratings I don't even bother with them.

By burying your workers you intentionally hurt their popularity. They'll automatically go down regardless if their opponent goes up. It isn't the best way to get workers over. We can definitely agree to disagree. Why do you think the person you 'bury' complains every time you do it?

By burying your workers you intentionally hurt their popularity. They'll automatically go down regardless if their opponent goes up. It isn't the best way to get workers over. We can definitely agree to disagree. Why do you think the person you 'bury' complains every time you do it?

Exactly. You bury workers who have been problem children that you want to pass their overness from on the way out. Burying people and firing them all the time is a quick way to build negative relationships which isn't good long term. You'll benefit more from gradually working them down the card. Have them put someone over, then give them a few wins over lower card talent. Have them lose, then give them a few lower card wins. Rinse, repeat.

Letho - Not sure of your exact product settings but getting popularity off your angles can be critical. for simplicity sake take your best talker and your 7 most over workers besides. book a custom angles called 8 person mic work class.

Have it last 6 minutes. if you have a 30% angles and 2 hour show then book that same angle 6 times (not in the pre or post show). One hour tv show do it 3 times. Eventually all 8 of those workers should be able to talk on their own. They all should get over. Then use them to help others and go from there.

@Condors

I'm on a Mainstream Focus / Popularity based product.

I just got my first PPV deal with the smalles carrier (Public Access Select), only 10% profit share, but now my money and my worker's popularity is skyrocketing. Income has doubled the first month, because I can now host 'Pay-Per-View'-sized shows which draw twice as big audiences as the ones before. Also every little win seems to boost my worker's popularity by at least a level in most U.S. regions. Looks like a piece of cake from here on. Got well over 300k profit now a month and got rid of most written deals. I now only have my main eventers on written deals, resigned Lobster and James Prudence, another old fart on written deals and sent them to my development company with the task to train the others. Not sure if that's worth it, but I felt like trying it.

Also got about 10 youngsters on 5 year written deals now for ~1.500$ each, Bryan Wright is now 22 and C- to D+ popularity in all USA. Logan Wolfsbain seems to have a cap at D+, some others quickly growing now, KC Blais, Dustin Parker, Gerald Robert, Vernon Ramirez are all up to E- to E+ within just 3-4 shows. Even my manager I mentioned who stayed F- forever, has now an F in some areas, seems to be quite slow for managers.

Thanks all who helped.

Exactly. You bury workers who have been problem children that you want to pass their overness from on the way out. Burying people and firing them all the time is a quick way to build negative relationships which isn't good long term. You'll benefit more from gradually working them down the card. Have them put someone over, then give them a few wins over lower card talent. Have them lose, then give them a few lower card wins. Rinse, repeat.

As the other guy says agree to disagree. I have always play with the same group of people in the tew series. We all start with a blank fed at the beginning of the game. My fed starts with no overness at all. MY product is much more performance. I got to free agency. I sign flyers, and mat people only. Brawlers don't work in my fav product. I have a different product for brawlers. I then look for people with overness only. I use those people to get my actually roster people over. I don't care about the negative impact. Who cares if bob holly does not like me anymore. In the end it is based on there traits anyway. If they hate you or not. I only care about my young roster. If you are a local fed ratings don't really matter. It is about building your fed up. So I rather pay holly 2k a few times to buried him to my young guy. Who makes 300 per show anyday. After a year I usually dump my roster. Repeat the whole process. Which is why in my 3 year 2015 databse. ROH, WWE, TNA rosters I helped build up. Which is awesome. As I said working people is the only fun of playing the game to me. I world build my game instead of just building a fed. Honestly I have been number 1 so many times it means nothing anymore. It is less freedom in tew than a local fed. I have to have top guys, I have to have show ratings, etc. It becomes annoying and not fun for a person that only wants to develop talent. Which is why I have never played wwe ever in tew. There already names. I like to take a cibernetico, ozz, chessman, chase stevens, and alot of other people to the top. The buried thing may have negative on my actually avator. Which I never use anyway. I like the one year when you didn't have one at all. Lets say you are playing the same guy with me. I buried holly to cibernetico. Now holly only has 20 pop in us and cibernetico has around 15. I fire holly. You sign holly for half the money. It is a win win. Which is another example of how I world build

With regards to getting workers/managers over without being in matches I would suggest - if they have the skills - a stint behind the commentary desk

It definitely seems a lot harder to get managers over on 2013 than on 2010. I remember once getting Mason Ryan over as a main eventer purely because he was acting as CM Punk's "bodyguard" (read: manager). Whereas on TEW 2013 on my current game, despite Paul Bearer constantly being in great segments with Kane and Undertaker his popularity seems to be frozen

Compare and contrast this with the commentators in my current 2013 save file, JR and the King whose popularity has rocketed from the low "c"s to the high "b"s in a matter of months, just from commentary duty

Yeah, my managers' popularity is rising now too, slowly but steady.

A few more new questions:

1)

I've got a new problem though. Couldn't resist and bought 21CW in UK as a development company when they were about 1.500.000 in debt. They are #8 ranked worldwide in importance federation and they are currently at regional level, so I thought it was a good deal. The problem is, they keep running into debt again. Their roster is crowded with 40+ year olds, most of them on written deals and expensive as hell. Is there any way I can give them money and set owner goals or something? Like tell them to buy and develop young wrestlers and get rid of the old ones?

2)

I mentioned before, in my game, most of the companies are declining and sit on old and expensive workers. I checked TCW and SWF's rosters and saw they recently signed a few 18-22 y.o. workers. Good stuff, the next generation has to be trained desperately. However, most of them sit around at enhancement talent status and they get maybe 3-4 matches in a year only, which won't get them anywhere soon. Is there any options I could change which would make feds focus more on younger workers?

Side note: 2019 now and a few feds seem to have recovered a bit again. Japan is still the strongest region, Mexico is on the rise with now 3 cult sized feds.

Influence rating:

1. PGHW - National / Japan

2. SOTBPW - National / Mexico

3. GCG - National / Japan

4. BHOTWG - National / Japan

5. TCW - National (Back up from Cult) / USA

6. SWF - Cult / USA

7. EVO - Cult (My fed) / USA

8. NOTBPW - Cult / Canada

9. WLW - Cult / Japan

10. CGC - Cult / Canada

11. USPW - Cult (Back up from regional) / USA

12. OLLIE - Cult / Mexico

13. RAW - Cult / Australia

14. MPWF - Cult / Mexico

The rest is regional or smaller and there's 58 active feds. Did anyone ever see an A.I. controlled fed move up to international or Global?

Yeah, my managers' popularity is rising now too, slowly but steady.

A few more new questions:

1)

I've got a new problem though. Couldn't resist and bought 21CW in UK as a development company when they were about 1.500.000 in debt. They are #8 ranked worldwide in importance federation and they are currently at regional level, so I thought it was a good deal. The problem is, they keep running into debt again. Their roster is crowded with 40+ year olds, most of them on written deals and expensive as hell. Is there any way I can give them money and set owner goals or something? Like tell them to buy and develop young wrestlers and get rid of the old ones?

Jeff Nova's buddies... Best thing to do, if a lot cheaty, is to edit their contracts from writtens to PPAs and that will help alleviate the money issue. You can edit money to them in the editor and in the out of game editor you can give them hiring rules to keep them from hiring guys over, say, 38. I would have held off on buying them out since you're based in the US and they're a UK company but it isn't that big of a deal. You'll just need to build your development workers popularity yourself since they'll be working in the UK.

2)

I mentioned before, in my game, most of the companies are declining and sit on old and expensive workers. I checked TCW and SWF's rosters and saw they recently signed a few 18-22 y.o. workers. Good stuff, the next generation has to be trained desperately. However, most of them sit around at enhancement talent status and they get maybe 3-4 matches in a year only, which won't get them anywhere soon. Is there any options I could change which would make feds focus more on younger workers?

Side note: 2019 now and a few feds seem to have recovered a bit again. Japan is still the strongest region, Mexico is on the rise with now 3 cult sized feds.

The rest is regional or smaller and there's 58 active feds. Did anyone ever see an A.I. controlled fed move up to international or Global?

You can't directly edit anything that says "Use young workers" but you can enforce hiring rules in the out of game editor. It's not a direct fix but it will help keep younger workers working. You can also find out who the booker is, get their profile in the editor and adjust their business settings to hire with potential, and adjust their preferred style to something more youth based, like cutting edge or high spot.

I've seen the AI run a global fed. It's surprisingly good at it. Once it busts through the cult/national and national/international walls, juggernaut time.

Well, I don't like to use the editor to change contracts or other stuff, but thanks for the info. I'll probably check out the booker's business settings if things don't change soon.

I'm not sure, I think I've started my new fed as a small or regional company in 2014 and I've already catched up to SWF in size. So I'm not too convinced of the A.I.'s ability to run a fed so far. The only one which seems to even try to get to international is PGHW. They got over 80% pop in Japan, around 30% in USA and Canada and around 15% in Europe, UK, Mexico and Australia. They also have a good amount of workers below 30. The other national feds seem to be busy struggling not to drop down to cult again.

Archived