5 years into my game, still don't get it for the most part

Title says it all. I'm now in 2018 of my career game, started at MAW and founded my own Fed in 2014. Raised to Cult size in 2017 and got a first TV deal with Q-TV shortly after which almost killed me financially.

And that's the problem. I've edged C+ population in TriState and NewEngland and can't grow there any more because there are no better workers available for hire. I thought they were all in long term written contracts so I tried to filter for workers 'to view' to find some and shortlist them, but there only seems to be like 4-5 workers with populatity above C+ by now. I guess the top guys all died out with time and not much new followed up.

So question number 1: Is there any way to get workers more popular than their current popularity if they've got nobody with higher popularity to beat?

If the best workers are C+ pop, does that mean, no other worker can ever get higher than C+ from now on?

Another problem: Finances. I was enthusiastic, when I got a TV deal with that crappy station, was hoping to spread into other areas of the U.S. that way. Problem is, huge production costs, no revenue = -200k a month with a TV show. Barely survived the run, but I'm now down to 40k on my bank account and am still making -50k a month...

Question number 2: Is it even possible to ever get a PPV deal or to make money with a TV show? How can you break even at Cult size and still grow your popularity?

And something else I've mentioned. I didn't want to hire expensive managers, so I hired rookie managers with good skills and tried to build them up over time. The thing is, I've been constantly using them in angles through all the years, but they're still F- popularity everywhere. So I'm convinced by now, angles have zero impact on popularity no matter what anyone else claims.

Question number 3: Any other ways to gain popularity without matches?

I guess my fed will go bankrupt within the next few months. I signed most of my roster with written contracts, so there's nothing I can do about it really. Is there a way to resign from your own fed and take over a booker position at another one? My reputation is 'very high' currently, so I guess I'd have a good chance to pick up a good job, but I didn't figure out a way to do it.

Question number 4: Can you resign from your own Fed somehow? and

Question number 5: What happens when your fed goes bankrupt, game over?

And last but not least, I figured all the other feds are going to hell as well. SWF and TCW are both down to cult size by now, there's only two japanese feds left on national size and 5 cult size feds (including mine).

Question number 6: Is this game meant to work in the long term? It seems a bit like talent is dying out and feds die with them. New 'regen' workers are created but none of them break through anywhere. Was this ever tested to work in games which last longer than a year or two?

Thanks.

1. You will get most of your gains on PPV/Events. If you're that sore for popularity, run weekly events in your home region and pick a few guys to push hard that you see are gaining popularity easily. The easiest types I've found to do this with are guys with 90+ menace and at least 71 charisma (I think it is). Strap a brute gimmick on them and have them dominate in 5 minute matches. Once they get popular, feed them to somebody else on PPV or event to leech the pop. Rinse and repeat.

2. Cult is the hardest level to survive at. The TV deal will usually be a wash if you get a cut of the ad revenue. You'll make your money with ticket sales, merch and PPV.

To survive cult from my experiences, only sign your top 3 to 6 guys that you will use every show to written deals. Keep everyone else ppa, and keep your roster slim. The writen guys never lose except to each other, so you have cheap popular talent that can drive ratings.

3. I've never really seen angles grow pop too much. Again, your pop ratings jump the biggest on Events and PPV.

4. Not sure

5. Not sure

If you're bleeding money and everybody is on writtens, you could run a weekly event in your home region to get the extra money from ticket sales. You should also find good pop gains in that region for the workers.

A somewhat gamey way to gain pop in angles is to set up an angle where you have one worker rated on something they're awesome at and 7 others on screen not rated. So like if I play as WWE I'll put The Rock out there for 10 minutes in a segment rated on entertainment and put like Owens, Neville, Kalisto and a few others and it gets them over 2-5 points every PPV. Make sure the guy doing the putting over is really good at whatever the segment calls for.

angles gain popularity too. If they are setup right. If the storyline is on neutral there worthless. Clone the angle change the storyline to major success. You can also change the rating on. Which overness is usually the best. If you want to save your company. You can always go to editor and boost your money. Best way to get somebody or fed over is to john cena then to the top. Once you get 4 workers. You got your main events covered while you build the rest of your roster. What I mean to gain popularity is sign a worker with no losses. Don't make him to lose until you are happy with his overness.

go to user preferences uncheck the whole left side. You are getting negatives for the hardest stuff. Next on that worker with no losses after his first 2 wins. Now it is time to buried a worker from free agency you don't care about period. The more popularity the dont care worker has the better. Book your no losses worker vs don't care worker in opening card matches twice.

road agent notes

victor loser 8 mins buried, decive win, submisson always. If the no losses worker is a light weight no do domination. If the worker is a big man. You add domination. Yes the don't care worker will be mad.

once the loading the next day happens . You will see you no losses worker has blue mountuem and around 20 to 30 popularity. Repeat this process as needed. As long as the buried worker has more popularity the no losses will always get a boost. The reason for the no losses is simple. It means there mountuem will raise there popularity quicker as suppose to jobber. Oh yeah book your shows in the same place to raise your popularity quicker

If you want good products let me know

road agent notes

victor loser 8 mins buried, decive win, submisson always. If the no losses worker is a light weight no do domination. If the worker is a big man. You add domination. Yes the don't care worker will be mad.

If you want good products let me know

This is terrible advice. I can't even figure out what you're trying to help him with.

Popularity without matches is hard to do but it can be done. A third non-speaking role in an angle, 3rd chair on color, working as a manager, etc.

My Suggestions

Title says it all. I'm now in 2018 of my career game, started at MAW and founded my own Fed in 2014. Raised to Cult size in 2017 and got a first TV deal with Q-TV shortly after which almost killed me financially.

And that's the problem. I've edged C+ population in TriState and NewEngland and can't grow there any more because there are no better workers available for hire. I thought they were all in long term written contracts so I tried to filter for workers 'to view' to find some and shortlist them, but there only seems to be like 4-5 workers with populatity above C+ by now. I guess the top guys all died out with time and not much new followed up.

So question number 1: Is there any way to get workers more popular than their current popularity if they've got nobody with higher popularity to beat?

If the best workers are C+ pop, does that mean, no other worker can ever get higher than C+ from now on?

Another problem: Finances. I was enthusiastic, when I got a TV deal with that crappy station, was hoping to spread into other areas of the U.S. that way. Problem is, huge production costs, no revenue = -200k a month with a TV show. Barely survived the run, but I'm now down to 40k on my bank account and am still making -50k a month...

Question number 2: Is it even possible to ever get a PPV deal or to make money with a TV show? How can you break even at Cult size and still grow your popularity?

And something else I've mentioned. I didn't want to hire expensive managers, so I hired rookie managers with good skills and tried to build them up over time. The thing is, I've been constantly using them in angles through all the years, but they're still F- popularity everywhere. So I'm convinced by now, angles have zero impact on popularity no matter what anyone else claims.

I guess my fed will go bankrupt within the next few months. I signed most of my roster with written contracts, so there's nothing I can do about it really. Is there a way to resign from your own fed and take over a booker position at another one? My reputation is 'very high' currently, so I guess I'd have a good chance to pick up a good job, but I didn't figure out a way to do it.

And last but not least, I figured all the other feds are going to hell as well. SWF and TCW are both down to cult size by now, there's only two japanese feds left on national size and 5 cult size feds (including mine).

Question number 6: Is this game meant to work in the long term? It seems a bit like talent is dying out and feds die with them. New 'regen' workers are created but none of them break through anywhere. Was this ever tested to work in games which last longer than a year or two?

Thanks.

1: You can use angles to build popularity,you just need to figure out the worker strentgh (entertainment,sex appeal,acting,menace,etc) or having matchs that are better than their current popularity using workers with high in ring skills (this is a bit hard in popularity over performance companies)

Angles Rules:

A: An angle only makes changes to popularity if they are higher rated than the worker overness

B: also only boosts popularity if they are 6 minutes or over

2: really hard at cult not sure

3: Angles or random incidents (like the worker making a movie)

4: i think not

5: ???

6: i played an 4 year game one time and nothing of this happened to me,your save has bad luck

Thanks.

1. It's hard but can be done as long as they are in segments rated higher than their popularity.

2. Yes, yes and it's not easy. So, TV isn't a big money maker anyway and the deals are hard to negotiate to get decent payoffs. PPV is where the money is made but since you said you edited everyone to a written is going to eat your money. TV is meant to grow your company, PPV pays it. That's how I look at it.

3. See my earlier reply.

4. http://i.imgur.com/yldJaUq.png

5. You get 3 months to get back in the black before you're out looking for work.

6. Of course it was tested for games beyond a year or two. I have a game that is 62 years in length. You can't be a superstar if no one pushes you as one. I've had zero issue in creating monster superstars in the game I'm playing.

I only had to read your first paragraph to figure out why you are having so much trouble. The "jump to Cult" is one of the most difficult things to do in TEW. Going from a Regional promotion to a Cult promotion can make or break your company. If you get decent popularity in three areas in the USA, you can get a TV deal at Regional. The shows you run by the time you get a TV deal, need to be close to 5,000 sell outs in the Mid Atlantic and 2,000 sell outs in the South East / Tri State (best locations to attack to begin with in my opinion).

For example: I have a MAW game that's currently in August 2018. For popularity we currently have, Mid Atlantic (C, 60), Great Lakes (D, 45), South East (D, 42), Tri State (E-, 21), Puerto Rico (E-, 18) and ranging between (F-, 5-10) everywhere else. We're at Regional with $2.2 million in reserve. Prestige is at 60 and Momentum at 76.

The game world introduces new workers for a long time. Many are pre-made by Adam to debut at later dates. These are good workers to keep your eyes on. Promotions tend to die out throughout the game world but others pop up. I've played games that last 10+ years and the world equals itself out over time.

road agent notes

victor loser 8 mins buried, decive win, submisson always.

As long as the buried worker has more popularity the no losses will always get a boost.

You do realize that by burying those workers, you most likely will never be able to sign them to a contract again, right? You only bury someone when you actually hate them and plan for them to leave your company. You never bury anyone who you plan to keep or use in the future.

I'm not a big fan of written contracts at cult until I'm making a lot of money, with a good following.

I've personally ran several games that went 10 plus years, though I focus more on my user characters success and jump companies pretty frequently.

You can only resign from owner of your own company after a period of time (5 years I believe) and then after that are free to look for work.

If you go bank rupt no biggie, just wait for a new job to open up and apply. From experience this can sometimes take awhile to actually get hired but if you don't feel like waiting use the editor and drop a bookers contract to open yourself up a slot.

Wish you luck. Try removing some of the more expensive contracts and replacing them with cheaper workers till you're back in the black. That's usually what I do once I start sucking money. Another common issue I've seen is having a bloated roster. If you have a lot of stars over the minimum its best to cut down till you're making money again.

The best part of this game is never knowing what will happen. It's a series of ups and downs. So maybe the world is down right now with swf and tcw at cult. A few years from now they could be global or out of business. I've seen CZCW rise up and take the #1 spot before at international while SWF went out of business after Eric took over. Just ride it out and see what happens next and good luck

Your biggest fault is that you left your home region wayyyy to soon. The only time I hosted a show in another region was with my under card workers in the area i was 2nd most popular in to help get me closer to help and improve my under card. This was still before I had a TV show. So I ran 2 weekly shows which was my Main show which would be considered my A show by TEW standards and my Backup show which was a B show brand. While I was losing money by running my midcard-Enhance Talent on my minor show I was making massive money as I was in the high 60s in Tri State pop so the money I gained more than paid for my Minor show to get me over getting the max .5 per show. While at the same time I was improving every show. Ive had mostly the same roster my entire time. Despite that I lost KC, Greg, Matt, Roger Cage, Ernest Youngman, Spencer Spade, and a few others all that were poached within a month of each other my company still powered thru pushing the next men up.

But I am a wrestle first company not an ENT company. So ive been building my roster and under card for going into the middle of 2017 after starting in 2014.I have probably the best roster of wrestlers now in the world overall after building all these men up while also improving the guys who can talk. Thats the key. Always signing some guys who have potential to be very good workers. Also loaning out lower card workers often to other companies as often as possible. Thats a massive help to them and you also.

But your miggest mistake was getting to Cult without being in the millions and having atleast 70-75 importance in your home region. I have a TV show and I just hit Cult earlier in my game and I will be seeing the hit I take. But I have made atleast $360,000 every month with last month being my best with out $600,000 net profit.

So for your future reference building your roster of young guys from the start is always awesome. Joffy Laine and Robbie Wright are great young mic workers who have developed into decent workers for me. Not going to put on a 90 but their mic skills make up for that. Also stay at home and never get a TV show until you have id suggest $3,000,00 in your bank god forbid you need to fire some people and lose alot of money. Do weekly shows when you profit each show you run vs the costs of running. When you are pulling great money in your home state run a 2nd show weekly as a B brand I would suggest doing a brand split to avoid your top guys getting angry in the 2nd more popular region as it will take you a while to get to a Cult level this way. Also is a great way to get your lower card serious time in front of a crowd and ring time. But thats just me. I always put my entire roster on each show even if they are PPA. ITs well worth it in the long run. My guys are cheap right now and should be running for a new contract soon which will be interesting.

Hey there, thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I guess my biggest mistake was signing too many written contracts too early. Also, throwing out 1.000.000$ for a development territory which doesn't seem to be of any use, was also not the smartest move.

I've tried to add a weekly (small) 1-hour show in my home territory (New England), will see how it turns out this month.

My current popularity is:

New England - 67.0% / C+

TriState - 64.8% / C

Great Lakes - 41.1% / D

Mid Atlantic - 37.6& / D-

rest of USA is between E+ and F

In Canada, I'm at D and D- in Maritimes and Quebec and E- to F+ in the rest.

Doesn't seem to be enough for a PPV deal.

I could now sign a new TV show with a bigger network (National Pride TV) which would accept 90% ad share (so I'd get 10%). Should I do this, or would it turn out to be another money burner?

I'll try using angles longer than 6 minutes now, so far I only had them 2-3 minutes, probably that explains why no worker ever gained any popularity from them.

Thanks for the help guys.

Something else:

I've been thinking about my roster and how to change it. So far I have these main eventes (C-Verse):

Faces:

Lobster Warrior (age 45) - C+ to C pop in all USA

>> written contract expires in 105 days and is quite expensive 17.050$. I'd tend to not extend that contract, but there's no other workers with comparable popularity and I guess my show ratings would take a hit if I let him go.

Des Davids (age 33) - C+ in all USA

>> My current major title holder, best in-ring guy, almost every match has a B or B- rating. Contract expires in 127 days and is also expensive 14.790$. There's no way I could let him go, he's by far my best worker.

Frankie Perez (age 33) - C to D in USA

>> Comparably cheap (7.100$) and with 272 days left. He's a main eventer but more or less a jobber to my top heels. He's been my champion when I was regional, but his skills have dropped with age. I'll probably keep him if the new contract isn't too expensive.

Mikey James (age 31)

>> 273 days left on a 7800$ contract. Solid performances (B- to C+) against midcarders. If his skills don't drop too fast, I'll keep him as runner up to Des.

Heels:

Casey Valentine (age 29)

>> Best value for money currently. 312 days left on a 4300$ contract. He's a solid performer (B- to C+) against midcarders and he's got good chemistry fighting Des, so they are my two title contenders. I guess his next contract will be much more expensive, because he massively gained popularity (now C to C- in all USA).

Cameron Vessey (age 30)

>> C- to D pop in USA now, tag team with Casey, not more than a jobber for my top faces. 4880$ on a 296 days contract.

Mark Speed (age 35)

>> Been my title contender when I was regional, but his skills are quickly declining now and his match performance rarely gets better than C+ any more. 6950$ on a 293 days contract. Will probably drop him after that as his pop is declining as well (C- to D- in USA).

Findlay O'Farraday (age 33)

>> He jumps up and down between Upper Midcard and Main Event on Auto Push. Not really good, but he's got good chemistry fighting Mikey James, so I'm using him to push Mikey. He's on PPA 1.090$ / appearance, so not all too expensive. His pop is D- to D+ in USA, seems like D+ is his cap as I was unable to push him any further.

The only other workers with C to C+ pop I could sign are between 42 and 50 in age with near to no in-ring skills, so not really worth it.

I also signed a couple of regens for 1300$ / month on written contracts and tried to get them over. Sent them to my development territory which seems to be completely useless. So now I have like 10 of them in my main roster and it seems quite impossible to push them anywhere beyond E popularity. Only had some kind of success with one of them (Bryan Wright, Face, 22 yrs. old, now D pop in 3 U.S. regions and made it to midcarder on auto push). The rest are still openers and enhancement talents and whatever I try, their pop doesn't seem to improve much. Any advice about how to successfully develop rookies would be very appreciated...

Rest of my roster is a hodgepodge of 25 tp 35 y.o. workers, most of them seem to have pop caps at D or E, can't get them more over by any means. Tried pushing them by teaming up with my main eventers in tag teams, but yeah... they get to D quite fast but seem to cap there.

Hey there, thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I guess my biggest mistake was signing too many written contracts too early. Also, throwing out 1.000.000$ for a development territory which doesn't seem to be of any use, was also not the smartest move.

I've tried to add a weekly (small) 1-hour show in my home territory (New England), will see how it turns out this month.

My current popularity is:

New England - 67.0% / C+

TriState - 64.8% / C

Great Lakes - 41.1% / D

Mid Atlantic - 37.6& / D-

rest of USA is between E+ and F

In Canada, I'm at D and D- in Maritimes and Quebec and E- to F+ in the rest.

Doesn't seem to be enough for a PPV deal.

I could now sign a new TV show with a bigger network (National Pride TV) which would accept 90% ad share (so I'd get 10%). Should I do this, or would it turn out to be another money burner?

I'll try using angles longer than 6 minutes now, so far I only had them 2-3 minutes, probably that explains why no worker ever gained any popularity from them.

Thanks for the help guys.

Something else:

I've been thinking about my roster and how to change it. So far I have these main eventes (C-Verse):

Faces:

Lobster Warrior (age 45) - C+ to C pop in all USA

>> written contract expires in 105 days and is quite expensive 17.050$. I'd tend to not extend that contract, but there's no other workers with comparable popularity and I guess my show ratings would take a hit if I let him go.

Des Davids (age 33) - C+ in all USA

>> My current major title holder, best in-ring guy, almost every match has a B or B- rating. Contract expires in 127 days and is also expensive 14.790$. There's no way I could let him go, he's by far my best worker.

Frankie Perez (age 33) - C to D in USA

>> Comparably cheap (7.100$) and with 272 days left. He's a main eventer but more or less a jobber to my top heels. He's been my champion when I was regional, but his skills have dropped with age. I'll probably keep him if the new contract isn't too expensive.

Mikey James (age 31)

>> 273 days left on a 7800$ contract. Solid performances (B- to C+) against midcarders. If his skills don't drop too fast, I'll keep him as runner up to Des.

Heels:

Casey Valentine (age 29)

>> Best value for money currently. 312 days left on a 4300$ contract. He's a solid performer (B- to C+) against midcarders and he's got good chemistry fighting Des, so they are my two title contenders. I guess his next contract will be much more expensive, because he massively gained popularity (now C to C- in all USA).

Cameron Vessey (age 30)

>> C- to D pop in USA now, tag team with Casey, not more than a jobber for my top faces. 4880$ on a 296 days contract.

Mark Speed (age 35)

>> Been my title contender when I was regional, but his skills are quickly declining now and his match performance rarely gets better than C+ any more. 6950$ on a 293 days contract. Will probably drop him after that as his pop is declining as well (C- to D- in USA).

Findlay O'Farraday (age 33)

>> He jumps up and down between Upper Midcard and Main Event on Auto Push. Not really good, but he's got good chemistry fighting Mikey James, so I'm using him to push Mikey. He's on PPA 1.090$ / appearance, so not all too expensive. His pop is D- to D+ in USA, seems like D+ is his cap as I was unable to push him any further.

The only other workers with C to C+ pop I could sign are between 42 and 50 in age with near to no in-ring skills, so not really worth it.

I also signed a couple of regens for 1300$ / month on written contracts and tried to get them over. Sent them to my development territory which seems to be completely useless. So now I have like 10 of them in my main roster and it seems quite impossible to push them anywhere beyond E popularity. Only had some kind of success with one of them (Bryan Wright, Face, 22 yrs. old, now D pop in 3 U.S. regions and made it to midcarder on auto push). The rest are still openers and enhancement talents and whatever I try, their pop doesn't seem to improve much. Any advice about how to successfully develop rookies would be very appreciated...

Rest of my roster is a hodgepodge of 25 tp 35 y.o. workers, most of them seem to have pop caps at D or E, can't get them more over by any means. Tried pushing them by teaming up with my main eventers in tag teams, but yeah... they get to D quite fast but seem to cap there.

I can see why you are strapped for cash. You are paying old guys way to much. Id have them on PPA and rotate them on shows instead of a written deal. I tend to sign my lower card guys first or guys I know are young and will only improve in pop and skills. I currently have 11 written workers. No one over $6,000. Most are lowercard or midcard who I know will have an amazing future for me. So I lock them up 5 years. My entire Upper card or ME scene either wont talk to me now or i need to end some working relationships first which I plan to do quickly.

Dont waste written deals on old men. Thats your biggest mistake. Sign young guys with potential to long term written deals. They will be cheap and by the time their 5 years or whatever is done they are veterans, you wil have other young stars and you will be floating in cash. If I were you I would get a TV show after you sign your quality young lower card to written deals since if they keep increasing in pop and skills will cost you a pretty penny in the future.

Also Lobster should be fired. Im sure he is in decline and doing more harm than good. You are a year past me but if the following guys arnt taken you need to sign them like asap to written deals to develop them:

Logan Wolfsbaine, Robbie Wright, Joffy Laine, El Mitico Jr, MexiCain, LatinoFear, Roderick Remus, The Architect, and Garry The Entertainer. They all have become amazing for me. Garry I edited in my game as I hate his character so he is a totally different person in my database now.

Id also say run weekly events if you dont have a TV show in your home region. Thats where I make a ton of money. I am currently at 80 Tri State pop from running shows in only Tri State for about a year now on a weekly basis.

In 2016 I ran 94 events total. 12 "PPVs) with 2 weekly shows being my A and B events which I didnt have on TV due to no one willing to talk to me. Do whatever you can to pull top ratings. That will only help increase your pop faster. But with the pop increases by TV your workers will want more money when you do attempt to finally sign them to Written.

So sign young guys to writtens to develop. Also instead of opening a dev company you could have prolly bought a company that was in debt. Thats how I did it saved me a ton of money. Oh and angles need to be 4+ minutes to gain any type of bonus or pop from it. Ive noticed 6 minutes is the length needed to pull your top rating. Anyting under i noticed I get hit with a penalty.

1. You will get most of your gains on PPV/Events. If you're that sore for popularity, run weekly events in your home region and pick a few guys to push hard that you see are gaining popularity easily. The easiest types I've found to do this with are guys with 90+ menace and at least 71 charisma (I think it is). Strap a brute gimmick on them and have them dominate in 5 minute matches. Once they get popular, feed them to somebody else on PPV or event to leech the pop. Rinse and repeat.

2. Cult is the hardest level to survive at. The TV deal will usually be a wash if you get a cut of the ad revenue. You'll make your money with ticket sales, merch and PPV.

To survive cult from my experiences, only sign your top 3 to 6 guys that you will use every show to written deals. Keep everyone else ppa, and keep your roster slim. The writen guys never lose except to each other, so you have cheap popular talent that can drive ratings.

3. I've never really seen angles grow pop too much. Again, your pop ratings jump the biggest on Events and PPV.

4. Not sure

5. Not sure

If you're bleeding money and everybody is on writtens, you could run a weekly event in your home region to get the extra money from ticket sales. You should also find good pop gains in that region for the workers.

Written is the best way to go. If you have weekly shows and ppvs, it's ridiculously expensive to pay people on ppa contracts when you're in the early stages of cult. Unless you have a worker who is total unknown getting a few hundred on a ppa deal with an equal downside, most guys at asking at least a grand on ppa. Use them 5 times a month, that's over 5,000. If you don't use them at all, you're on the hook for whatever the ppa number is. But if you're running weekly and running a ppv, or running an extra show to keep yourself alive, it's cheaper to get a written deal.

Also, unless you're a major company, your ppv money is mostly going to be crap. Esp with the terrible deals you end up with where the network gets 90% of the money with you eating 90% of the cost. Maybe if you agree to an exclusive contract you can get them to take 80% of the money.

TV and PPV aren't going to make you squat. Maybe enough to offset half the contracts. However you still have to deal with the huge production and misc costs. The best way is having a product that generates enough sponsor money to cut into your losses. The real money making is in ticket sales. Run lot of events = more tickets sold.

Also, you shouldn't be spending money on a developmental company at cult. You shouldn't even think about developmental until you're at least national. If you have positive income to have a dojo, maybe you spring it, but until you're in the black every month, you need every dollar.

PPV and TV aren't there really to make you money. It's there to grind your overness, and grind the overness of your workers. You're not going to be making serious money until you're big leagues. That doesn't happen until you build your overness. If you have tv and ppv in a region and put on cards higher than your overness every show, you'll skyrocket in overness since you get a major boost from tv and ppv, and that's where spillover is key. However, unless you have a product that is immune to industry changes, it's important not to go cult when the industry and economy are down because those things affect your attendance and income.

You do realize that by burying those workers, you most likely will never be able to sign them to a contract again, right? You only bury someone when you actually hate them and plan for them to leave your company. You never bury anyone who you plan to keep or use in the future.

yes I know. I did say don't care worker. If I want my guy with zero popularity over. If I sign a guy I don't want over just to steal his popularity. I don't care about that person ever. For example if you use those match settings. MY worker will shoot from zero to around 15 after one match. If the don't care worker had 30 popularity. You get less everytime from that worker. You can always swap around the guys you want over and people you don't care about ever. Honestly this is the fastest way to get over in the game. Other wise you will end up with your whole roster being on the same level. Which is terrible since you need levels. I really don't think everybody knows how to game the system. I bet most people would think my main events are too short but they get the ratings in any product. Just like doing clean wins would always get better ratings most of the time. There is alot of road agent notes so lottery on ratings I don't even bother with them.

This is terrible advice. I can't even figure out what you're trying to help him with.

Popularity without matches is hard to do but it can be done. A third non-speaking role in an angle, 3rd chair on color, working as a manager, etc.

Anyway the TC asked how to get people over. Buried workers to other workers and never lose workers and major success angles are fastest ways.

I remember this kid from a few years ago. He didn't understand the game then, and obviously he doesn't understand it today.

I called him trump because he provided nothing to the help the TC at all. I was providing what I do in the game. It does not matter if the kid likes it or not. I was providing the way I have played the game since 2004. Of course back in 2004 buried was crazy good. You almost steal all there popularity in one match. Of course 2004 was broken in alot of ways. AJ vs daniels would always get 100 in a match. I also called him trump because of course the fastest way possible is to cheat in the editor. Which makes the game pointless in everyway. Heck why not make everybody 100 in everything. There you go you beat the game. Congrats you wasted 35 bucks.

I'm actually waiting for the super "best mod ever" that's just all real world mods imported together with virtually no testing done.

I assume you are recalling my mod back in 2010. Of course if you look at the final release I spend over 1000 hours of tweeking that mod. I stopped when 2013 was announced. I have said many times it may not be the best starting database. At the end it was playable. Of course if I ever do another mod. I will do everything myself. There was so many things wrong from other mod makers. It was painful when I started editing it. I have learned from my mistakes on mod making for sure.

Running more events was the key. I'm now running a medium 1,5 hrs show in my home region every week, a small 1 hr show in other U.S. areas each week, two monthly big events in New England and TriState and a TV show every week. Last month made around 20k plus - yay

Thanks for the advice.

However, the angle stuff still doesn't work. I got a young manager with very strong entertainment skills. I used her in 6 to 10 minute angles both on TV and on regular events, they scored up to C+ - but still she stays at F- popularity everywhere. Same for my rookie wrestlers. None of them improves his popularity with angles. Any other ideas?

Out of my rookies, I got a second one up to midcard now. Bryan Wright (22) and Logan Wolfsbaine got D to D- everywhere in the U.S. now. Plus I signed a new Main Eventer on a 2.200$ PPA contract and changed Lobster's written deal to a 2.850$ PPA after it expired. Seems like I'm getting somewhere now, I think I'll just drop the other rookies when their contracts expire if I can't get their pop up.

Running more events was the key. I'm now running a medium 1,5 hrs show in my home region every week, a small 1 hr show in other U.S. areas each week, two monthly big events in New England and TriState and a TV show every week. Last month made around 20k plus - yay

Thanks for the advice.

However, the angle stuff still doesn't work. I got a young manager with very strong entertainment skills. I used her in 6 to 10 minute angles both on TV and on regular events, they scored up to C+ - but still she stays at F- popularity everywhere. Same for my rookie wrestlers. None of them improves his popularity with angles. Any other ideas?

Out of my rookies, I got a second one up to midcard now. Bryan Wright (22) and Logan Wolfsbaine got D to D- everywhere in the U.S. now. Plus I signed a new Main Eventer on a 2.200$ PPA contract and changed Lobster's written deal to a 2.850$ PPA after it expired. Seems like I'm getting somewhere now, I think I'll just drop the other rookies when their contracts expire if I can't get their pop up.

Guys that are old like Lobby are incredibly useful. Use them like NXT has used Rhyno. They lose nearly everytime. You can sap their pop and use them to train other guys.

Thanks for the advice.

The deal with managers is that their pop creeps up slowly. You're doing well using her in 6 min angles, especially if they're scoring C+. Take a look at her pop in the editor, run a show where she's in a few angles then check the editor again. You'll see a small increase. Keep it up, it just takes time. For workers, you can have them win against other workers with higher pop but be aware the loser may get upset if the difference is too large. Keep a worker in a storyline and use them in every show.

Storylines are the single fastest and best way to gain popularity and momentum. Use them, love them.

Logan Wolfsbaine is a monster in my game. He's held my World title a couple of times. I got a really good destiny roll on him, so there's that.

Rookies are a rough sell especially for a younger company. The best thing I've found to do is wait until you're mid Cult then open a development fed if you can afford it. That way you can sign greenhorns to dev contracts and let them gain stats that way. It's expensive but by then I have enough money, might be you will too. I keep maybe 2 jobbers on my roster at Cult and they get used every week in the dark and in opening matches. The MEs I'm not using that week get to beat them in the openers and the UMs that I have no plans for get to beat them in the dark. They gain stats really quickly when used a lot and with good workers.

*edit - Yeah, Lobby rules. He's worth $17k/mo in my eyes. A super solid gatekeeper and trainer. I implore you, though; take off the mask and rename him Chris Morissette.

Archived