"Creative has NOTHING for you"

I always start a game and have ideas for the main guys, and after a year or two, my whole midcard and lower hates me because I never use them. And when my main event scene ages, I'm screwed.

Basically, what the WWE does.

But then again, they're on guaranteed money making tens of thousands each, so I don't know what they're whining about, being paid to eat at catering.

I wish I had that life.

I usually plan out maybe 1-1½ years of PPV gametime in advance (roughly) with major title changes and such. Now, problems arive when wrestlers planned for major victories aren't as over as I had expected them to be and/or others being more over than I had expected, wrestlers hitting time decline sooner than expected, etc. - leading to poor matches and angry wrestlers... and of course, I'm usually too stubborn to abandon my plans...

Erm.. worst creative decisions humm... one of them which occurred as WWF in the 1987 db in 1988

Bret was tag champ with Neidhart but also gained the IC title.

Bret was pulling double duty for a while but ended up losing the tag titles. Jim Blamed him and turned on Bret.. resulting in a feud that resulted in Neidhart being the IC champion, defeating Bret in the rematch and having a 6 month reign full of mediocrity... getting low 70 ratings whilst Bret was floating around. :/

Instead of Bret ripping things up with he IC tile with 80'/90's we get Jim with 70's proving he didn't belong there and certainly wasn't going to be the next big monster for Hogan.

As a project in tha same save I tried to get a 40 something year old Johnny Saint over in the WWF :/ did not bode well at all..

I always start a game and have ideas for the main guys, and after a year or two, my whole midcard and lower hates me because I never use them. And when my main event scene ages, I'm screwed.

But then again, they're on guaranteed money making tens of thousands each, so I don't know what they're whining about, being paid to eat at catering.

I wish I had that life.

Yeah, I always screw up my midcard too, particularly if I'm in a performance-based promotion where you basically can't use angles to get people over.

My current SWF game has people like Captain Atomic, James Prudence and Des Davids stuck in lower-midcard hell. Every time I look at them I promise myself that I'll do something with them, but it only takes me a week or two to forget.

I usually plan out maybe 1-1½ years of PPV gametime in advance (roughly) with major title changes and such. Now, problems arive when wrestlers planned for major victories aren't as over as I had expected them to be and/or others being more over than I had expected, wrestlers hitting time decline sooner than expected, etc. - leading to poor matches and angry wrestlers... and of course, I'm usually too stubborn to abandon my plans...

The actual booking plan for all of Monday Nitro.

Performance-based companies are also an issue to me,mainly in real world mods.

I try to keep my roster small,but then i feel it's too small and hire my favourite guys,who either get stuck in midcard hell or are Main Eventers who are rarely used because I have better guys who can give me better ratings,then I feel that I don't have enough good guys and start hiring compulsively.

100-Man roster FTW.

Quite Frankly,my big mistake of the week was losing Nick Jackson to NJPW during a multi-advance,who should be set to semi,but was full.

Result?reDDragon are the Tag Champions and Matt Jackson ended up winning the PWG World title(When I put him in the match against Roderick Strong for the title the game had him win for whatever reason).At least he generaly gives me C to B- ratings with Paul London and Roderick Strong so yeah,Heath Slater(wich I "stole" from WWE) for Midcard Hell in PWG.Golden.

I wish I had that life.

I usually have more fun running smaller companies because I always have a fresh main event scene. I get a core group of guys over and then they get poached by the big leagues. I elevate my mid card....rinse and repeat. Usually the second I hit Cult with a company I give the company to my youngest main eventer and start another small company.

Biggest flub I ever done was attempt to book Joanna Silver as my World Champ in an intergender company I had running. She had the true Billy Gunn effect because I taught her to wrestle very well but she could not maintain pop to save her life. Result ended up being Brooke Tyler swooping in to save the company.

I made Dolph Ziggler gay. But not in a Rico sort of way. In an "empowering," overcoming hateful villains sort of way.

It was a terrible idea.

I did that with John Cena. And Randy Orton. Made them into a tag team of veterans wanting to teach them youngsters a lesson...In The Butt! It didn't work and they both got super pissed :D

Archived