CHIKARA Discussion Thread

lukess11

Always wanted to get into Chikara, especially after seeing the Osirian Portal get into a break dance battle!

Around a month and a half ago, with very little knowledge, I bought Chikaratopia. It is closing in on WWE as the top promotion on my fav list. They are comedy, lucha libre, ad serious all in one.

CHIKARA were great before they took the dumb one year off/guerilla movement with Icarus as leader turn in the storyline. Since then, it's just been fairly average.

The fact they did that dumb Challenge of the Immortals business which meant everything moved at a glacial pace story wise didn't help either.

I love CHIKARA but I'm 100% in agreement with MHero when it comes to last seasons Challenge of the Immortals rubbish.

I preferred it before the year off, but at the same time there have been some things I've really liked about it upon it's return, such as Kevin Condron (or "Snowflake" if you would rather) getting together his band of what I can only describe as misfits, Troll, Volgar becoming Lucas Calhoun and Missile Assault Ant unmasking to become the... wait for it... creatively inspired, Missile Assault MAN! You see because he isn't really an ant! I bet that's shocked you to your very core.

So far Season 16 hasn't been too bad. Really enjoyed the last event, "Disk" where the 2016 Tag World Grand Prix winners were crowned as well as Frightmare & Hallowicked using the Eye of Tyr on...

They've got shows in England and Scotland in May, unfortunately they are in the north of the country (and Glasgow in Scotland) so I won't get to go :(.

Oh, I'm all in for the Glasgow show. They've only announced like one match so far but it's Heidi Lovelace vs Nixon which will be a cracking match. I'm glad they're planning on using UK folk on the shows instead of it just being all CHIKARA dudes.

And Fleisch, they've got shows in Newport, London and Wolverhampton (they might be sold out by now though) alongside the north of England tour and Glasgow.

I have been to a couple of CHIKARA shows (They used to host a few outside of Boston, MA which is about an hour away from me.). The shows were enjoyable but I never really kept up with their product beyond the shows I went to.

One thing I will always remember was the ring announcer threatened to kick my friend out because he was swearing (With it being a kid friendly show and all). My friend was pissed off for the rest of the afternoon but he did stop swearing for the most part.

Oh, I'm all in for the Glasgow show. They've only announced like one match so far but it's Heidi Lovelace vs Nixon which will be a cracking match. I'm glad they're planning on using UK folk on the shows instead of it just being all CHIKARA dudes.

And Fleisch, they've got shows in Newport, London and Wolverhampton (they might be sold out by now though) alongside the north of England tour and Glasgow.

I know the "main" Aniversario shows are in Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester and Glasgow. I'm guessing the rest are just part of the Aniversario tour? I might take a look at the London one then and see if they still have tickets and the nearest hotel (and if I can get the Monday off work because I'm no way attempting to get from London to Portsmouth at 6am on a Monday morning!)

I know the "main" Aniversario shows are in Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester and Glasgow. I'm guessing the rest are just part of the Aniversario tour? I might take a look at the London one then and see if they still have tickets and the nearest hotel (and if I can get the Monday off work because I'm no way attempting to get from London to Portsmouth at 6am on a Monday morning!)

Yeah, that's the case. The London/Newport/Wolverhampton shows are more Fight Club Pro shows featuring CHIKARA people whereas the Aniversario shows are CHIKARA shows featuring UK people.

Hope Chris Brookes & Travis Banks get matches up in Glasgow. Saw them both at ATTACK How Do You Learn To Fall Off A 20Ft Ladder and they were damn good (alongside Nixon who has been announced for Glasgow anyways).

I love Chikara too and I have quite a collection of DVDs from 2012 to when they took that break... (it's late and I can't remember when that happened.) I haven't pulled the trigger on Chikaratopia since it would be fun to look at some of the older shows specifically for guys that eventually got to WWE.

However, I would also have to agree with MHero and Fleisch that the last season with the COTI was not so great. Although, I am a huge mark for Jaka and I just saw that he's getting a shot at the Grand title in May. I almost forgot that Princess Kimberlee had the Grand title.

I did go to Making a Stand last October with my friend, TakerNGN74. It was a good show and cool to meet some of the wrestlers especially Eddie Kingston. He was awesome!

The one thing that annoyed me was that FIRST wrestling/Wrestlepalooza was part of the show so a lot of the local Minnesota wrestlers faced off with Chikara wrestlers and some of them BEAT THE CHIKARA wrestlers which made me scratch my head. Yeah, I love wrestling but the local stuff here in MN is really not that great and I wanted to see MORE Chikara wrestlers but oh well...

I hope if and when Chikara comes back to Minnesota they don't do a joint show with FIRST wrestling but I doubt that will happen.

Archived