Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

What is the specific mechanical effect of open match? I know what it means in wrestling terms, but it's not as documented as some other notes as far as what it does.

That no one gets additional penalties / boosts, other than the win / loss thing, do to the workers getting in equal amount of offense.

I had a main event between Brock Lesner & Eddie Guerrero at a PPV, Lesner with a performance of 100, Guerrero with 98, and the match was only penalised for poor announcing, yet the rating i got was only 77. What reason would there be for this?

Also , all of my storylines are tanking in heat, despite a few of them involving only segments/matches above like 85, none of my storylines have more than 70 heat.

Never experienced problems like this before and its only started happening in the last month of gametime

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Never played a real world mod and so I'm wondering, what is Seth Rollins' safety set to in current day mods?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Everyone rates differently. But it should be terrible and I hope he feels terrible.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AfRoMaN36" data-cite="AfRoMaN36" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Everyone rates differently. But it should be terrible and I hope he feels terrible.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm sure he does. Granted this time it wasn't really his fault. Finn tried to catch himself with his arm. But the fact that he's injured three guys in a year is a bad sign.</p>

Is Subscription Based the best broadcaster to create? I mean I did some quick editing/testing and saw that with around 80-90 popularity in every region with everything on enormous the game said I'd make about 285,360$ a month, which seems really... like minuscule

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is Subscription Based the best broadcaster to create? I mean I did some quick editing/testing and saw that with around 80-90 popularity in every region with everything on enormous the game said I'd make about 285,360$ a month, which seems really... like minuscule</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am not sure about which one makes the most money, however I really like commercial because it helps with my worker's pop. grow easier/quicker, at least I think it does lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-cite="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I consistently use my developmental workers as jobbers, is it going to hurt their stock when I eventually call them up permanently?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes and no. No in that they get a pop boost from working on the main roster. Yes in that their momentum does seem to carry over. But until they're listed as lower midcard, momentum doesn't really matter.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AfRoMaN36" data-cite="AfRoMaN36" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes and no. No in that they get a pop boost from working on the main roster. Yes in that their momentum does seem to carry over. But until they're listed as lower midcard, momentum doesn't really matter.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes sense. Do you think it's beneficial to use them as jobbers or should I just use one night deals?</p>

I had a main event between Brock Lesner & Eddie Guerrero at a PPV, Lesner with a performance of 100, Guerrero with 98, and the match was only penalised for poor announcing, yet the rating i got was only 77. What reason would there be for this?

Also , all of my storylines are tanking in heat, despite a few of them involving only segments/matches above like 85, none of my storylines have more than 70 heat.

Never experienced problems like this before and its only started happening in the last month of gametime

Have to bump this because my main event matches still arent getting the ratings i think they should. Could it be because im running 2 PPVs a month and its over saturating things? ive heard that it can affect buy rates

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michael20001" data-cite="michael20001" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have to bump this because my main event matches still arent getting the ratings i think they should. Could it be because im running 2 PPVs a month and its over saturating things? ive heard that it can affect buy rates</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is perfect show theory on? If you haven't turned it off then it is. Which means you have to have peaks and dives in heat or they will burn out</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is perfect show theory on? If you haven't turned it off then it is. Which means you have to have peaks and dives in heat or they will burn out</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you so much! -.- Normally i always turn it off but i guess i missed it as its crowd management now</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-cite="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That makes sense. Do you think it's beneficial to use them as jobbers or should I just use one night deals?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've done both successfully. It might take slightly longer to re-build somebody's momentum if they were previously a jobber. </p><p> </p><p> It's up to you and your circumstances. If your dev has a weekly show with good coverage (Like NXT), then it might be best to keep him there, build himself some heat and popularity then call him up when he's ready.</p>

Can a wrongful termination lawsuit fail?I've literlally just had to pay nearly $100000 to a guy I fired after he literally argued with fans two times then beat someone up backstage.I don't believe any real life court would award him the case.

I also don't understand how this works. I mean at least we could have some new firing reasons (easier to use but riskier to succeed without a lawsuit) to justify those lawsuits. Then again, i can see a lawyer destroying one's claim to rightful termination based on a reason of arguing with fans. Does any reason cause it, or just a few? In all honesty i never kept track. I assume it's random.

When a wrestler is newly signed to your company, you are free to set their disposition as you like, but is there anything equivalent when a wrestler is coming back from a longer absence because of injury? If there isn't, it seems like something that would be fairly realistic, especially heel -> face.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When a wrestler is newly signed to your company, you are free to set their disposition as you like, but is there anything equivalent when a wrestler is coming back from a longer absence because of injury? If there isn't, it seems like something that would be fairly realistic, especially heel -> face.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No but you can set them to turn and run a bunch of angles with them to build it up so that when they do show up the turn will be successful.</p>

<p>Do negative influences affect other companies in any way?</p><p> </p><p>

For example, in my save Hogan is an extremely negative influence, so I haven't signed him. He's also incredibly popular. The WWF have signed him. Do they just get the benefit of his popularity without the drawback of his influence or does it affect their backstage morale too somehow?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you have a brandsplit with brand-specific PPV's, won't main-even and Uppercard wrestlers still be annoyed of being left off the PPV, even though they're on the other brand?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not if they and the event are assigned to specific brands. If your event isn't assigned then the game thinks it's a mixed brand and so will your wrestlers.</p>

Backstage atmosphere

I just raised Seth Rollins' monthly pay from around $25,000 per month to $65,000 per month. I honored his request. So why is his morale still irritated because of toxic backstage atmosphere (mostly toxic from steroid suspensions involving other talent)? Are you kidding? I more than doubled his salary and he's still "irritated"? It seems like the negatives hold a lot more weight than the positives. Shouldn't it be more relative? This pay raise type of positive should be worth a ton of regular positives in my opinion. After getting exactly what he wanted, there's no way his morale should stay the same. Realistically, wouldn't his morale move into a happy direction? I've had this happen with numerous talent now. I've never met someone who was so passive and uncaring about a massive pay raise.