Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

first time, long time, 2 quick questions.

Playing in NJPW in Flecish's RW remember reading about excursions in the feature list.

1. Is the excursions feature only preset before starting the game?

2. Or can it be used throughout a current game? If so, can you direct me to how to activate it please. Thank you!

first time, long time, 2 quick questions.

Playing in NJPW in Flecish's RW remember reading about excursions in the feature list.

1. Is the excursions feature only preset before starting the game?

2. Or can it be used throughout a current game? If so, can you direct me to how to activate it please. Thank you!

Excursions can happen during a game as well as being pre-set before the save game is started. However, you can't send anyone on an excursion (like how companies often do in real life), a wrestler just decides to go on one.

2 questions, one of them might be in the wrong forum...but you guys probably still know

1 - Auto-Booker feature:

Does simply running with the auto-booker end in lower show/match grades? I've recently started moving away from hitting auto-booker and running immediately to adjusting winners within the individual matches, and I think they've ultimately been performing better. Can anyone back up this theory?

2 - Historical mods:

How good are most of the historical mods at implementing modern wrestlers as "future workers"? For instance, if I play a 1999-2001 mod, will I ever get a chance to use, for instance, Adam Cole and Michael Elgin? Or alternatively, I believe I've seen a historic version of the C-Verse out there as well, and am just curious whether newer additions to the universe debut in time. Not a deal breaker, but if I can't "get to current" with historic data it might make it less fun for me.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="creepshow" data-cite="creepshow" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2 questions, one of them might be in the wrong forum...but you guys probably still know<p> </p><p> 1 - Auto-Booker feature: </p><p> </p><p> Does simply running with the auto-booker end in lower show/match grades? I've recently started moving away from hitting auto-booker and running immediately to adjusting winners within the individual matches, and I think they've ultimately been performing better. Can anyone back up this theory?</p><p> </p><p> 2 - Historical mods:</p><p> </p><p> How good are most of the historical mods at implementing modern wrestlers as "future workers"? For instance, if I play a 1999-2001 mod, will I ever get a chance to use, for instance, Adam Cole and Michael Elgin? Or alternatively, I believe I've seen a historic version of the C-Verse out there as well, and am just curious whether newer additions to the universe debut in time. Not a deal breaker, but if I can't "get to current" with historic data it might make it less fun for me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1. Auto booker is generally going to get you lower ratings just because booking decision have an influence on the grade and if you just auto book and start the show you're losing out on those points.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Depends on the mod, check the editor. I use CVerse97 and everything in terms of debuts of promotions and workers is synced up with how it actually happened but obviously some things will be different depending on how you book.</p>

Guest skinsfan55

<p>What's the penalty for a face vs. face match when you have a company like USPW?</p><p> </p><p>

Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior was a legendary match in WWF, and it didn't suffer for having two faces. How bad is the in-game penalty?</p>

<p>This is a complicated question:</p><p> </p><p>

Classically wrestling matches used to have rounds. Often with a one minute break in between. They still pop up in European and UK matches (especially for a title). They were 2/3 Falls with a fall ending a round. DQ ended the match. If you ever get to watch one of these give it a try. It's pretty exciting watching a tight submission hold look inescapable and finally the round ends so it looks like the guy that was going to lose gets a reprieve (thus giving a reason for one to try and hold out as long as possible). </p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, how is it best to replicate this in-game?</p>

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is a complicated question:<p> </p><p> Classically wrestling matches used to have rounds. Often with a one minute break in between. They still pop up in European and UK matches (especially for a title). They were 2/3 Falls with a fall ending a round. DQ ended the match. If you ever get to watch one of these give it a try. It's pretty exciting watching a tight submission hold look inescapable and finally the round ends so it looks like the guy that was going to lose gets a reprieve (thus giving a reason for one to try and hold out as long as possible). </p><p> </p><p> Anyway, how is it best to replicate this in-game?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's already an option to run a 2/3 falls match in the game, but I suppose you could have 3 shorter matches in a row. If you do that though, it counts towards the matches they've had with that opponent so you couldn't have a rematch for like 6 months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's already an option to run a 2/3 falls match in the game, but I suppose you could have 3 shorter matches in a row. If you do that though, it counts towards the matches they've had with that opponent so you couldn't have a rematch for like 6 months.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is a difference between what is now considered a standard 2/3 falls and a historical/classic one with rounds. </p><p> </p><p> If you like prowrestling history they are known as the Mount-Evans Rules. A rounds length can vary but the breaks between cannot be less than 45secs (usually only a minute). </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk/Proper%20British%20Wrestling/A%20Call%20for%20the%20Return%20of%20British%20'Golden%20Age'%20Pro-style%20Wrestling.pdf" rel="external nofollow">http://www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk/Proper%20British%20Wrestling/A%20Call%20for%20the%20Return%20of%20British%20'Golden%20Age'%20Pro-style%20Wrestling.pdf</a></div></blockquote>

<p>Any suggested guides for setting up a tournament?</p><p> </p><p>

I noticed the option for titles when you are creating one and think that would be awesome to play, but I don't want to get all into a game and realise I made many gross errors with a tournament and now face restarting.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any suggested guides for setting up a tournament?<p> </p><p> I noticed the option for titles when you are creating one and think that would be awesome to play, but I don't want to get all into a game and realise I made many gross errors with a tournament and now face restarting.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just keep track. Use Excel to make a tournament bracket. You could also use Draw.io to visualize it. And this is the one I almost always get wrong, don't forget to include the tournament title in the last match of the tournament.</p>

Interesting thing happened. I'm playing COTT as WWF and it's October 1995, WCW grew to international size on Friday and ran Halloween Havoc on Sunday. At the bottom of the news items I see "The Death of WCW? Ratings are in a tailspin and many main eventers could be departing soon."

What the **** happened? They just grew, I don't think I missed any bad news for them.

As I'm writing this I realized I beat them in the National Battle this month but does that mean that they're "going out of business"?

Interesting thing happened. I'm playing COTT as WWF and it's October 1995, WCW grew to international size on Friday and ran Halloween Havoc on Sunday. At the bottom of the news items I see "The Death of WCW? Ratings are in a tailspin and many main eventers could be departing soon."

What the **** happened? They just grew, I don't think I missed any bad news for them.

As I'm writing this I realized I beat them in the National Battle this month but does that mean that they're "going out of business"?

No. They dropped in size.

I'm playing the WCW Lives scenario and it doesn't look like any new workers are being generated. I have the game options set to start debuting in January 2001 (currently in July 2001) and the generation frequency set to high. Anyone know what's going on?

Where the hell can I find that scenario?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rawisericho" data-cite="Rawisericho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where the hell can I find that scenario?</div></blockquote><p> It's one of The Mod Squad's mods. <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534035" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534035</a></p><p> However, I think they have moved everything to their own website, so you can find it on their website. The website is mentioned in the thread itself.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KevinStorm" data-cite="KevinStorm" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm playing the WCW Lives scenario and it doesn't look like any new workers are being generated. I have the game options set to start debuting in January 2001 (currently in July 2001) and the generation frequency set to high. Anyone know what's going on?</div></blockquote><p> I am assuming you don't want real life workers to be generated rather than random (fictional) workers? If you want random workers, they will generate as the game progresses and there are openings for new workers.</p><p> </p><p> If you want real life workers to be generated, the mod has debuts set to real life debuts. So, if you want Roman Reigns, you won't get him until the game goes to 2010. Likewise, more workers will debut as the game progresses. I have created a query of workers that shows what the debut month and years of certain workers are for that mod. The workers generate on the 1st day of the first week of the month of the year mentioned. Here, I think you might be interested:</p><p> <a href="https://mega.nz/#!TJpXHSbJ!qTY2eTBxHBpT7VnsZHO6okhQI3T8A6sE71cshtz_46k" rel="external nofollow">https://mega.nz/#!TJpXHSbJ!qTY2eTBxHBpT7VnsZHO6okhQI3T8A6sE71cshtz_46k</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's one of The Mod Squad's mods. <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534035" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534035</a><p> However, I think they have moved everything to their own website, so you can find it on their website. The website is mentioned in the thread itself.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I am assuming you don't want real life workers to be generated rather than random (fictional) workers? If you want random workers, they will generate as the game progresses and there are openings for new workers.</p><p> </p><p> If you want real life workers to be generated, the mod has debuts set to real life debuts. So, if you want Roman Reigns, you won't get him until the game goes to 2010. Likewise, more workers will debut as the game progresses. I have created a query of workers that shows what the debut month and years of certain workers are for that mod. The workers generate on the 1st day of the first week of the month of the year mentioned. Here, I think you might be interested:</p><p> <a href="https://mega.nz/#!TJpXHSbJ!qTY2eTBxHBpT7VnsZHO6okhQI3T8A6sE71cshtz_46k" rel="external nofollow">https://mega.nz/#!TJpXHSbJ!qTY2eTBxHBpT7VnsZHO6okhQI3T8A6sE71cshtz_46k</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Random workers are fine. I just don't want to be trying to rebuild WCW over time with a world that never changes, and it doesn't seem like any are being generated. I've got the Power Plant operating but no one comes out of it. And I haven't noticed any new worker news stories either.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just keep track. Use Excel to make a tournament bracket. You could also use Draw.io to visualize it. And this is the one I almost always get wrong, don't forget to include the tournament title in the last match of the tournament.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So there are no penalties to keep in mind when booking someone twice in one night (or three times in the case of an eight person tourney) ?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What type of products dictate match intensity? <p> I keep adjusting product focus but it always wants 80%-100% and that seems a little high when looking at competitors in the area.</p><p> </p><p> So there are no penalties to keep in mind when booking someone twice in one night (or three times in the case of an eight person tourney) ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hyper realism, realism and Modern. If these three are high, intensity will also be high.</p><p> </p><p> As for your second question, if their stamina is high enough and they are pushed above or at mid-card, there will be no significant penalties, in case you want to book a tourney.</p>