Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> Nope, it doesn't impact relationships at all. Two workers who tag together are no more likely to develop a positive relationship than any other two workers. You can Meddle to try to create positive relationships, which can be incredibly powerful over time but it doesn't always work.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the response. I would recommend this in the suggestion forums, however I'd let someone else suggest, as I haven't thought out any workings of it or whatever.. Heck, it's probably already been suggested before, but yeah, thank you for the response.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Probably hiring them to be managers / valets / authority figures. Check the product settings - some products should have "eye candy" and that be the reason. And active wrestlers just might be better hires than the available managers / valets. What are they pushed as?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No push assigned yet. Actually, I think I had accidentally set the company from Developmental to Child Company accidentally, then the contract was offered, then I set it back to Developmental, and then the female workers accepted the contract. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the reply.</p><p> </p><p> New question: can I give a title I pillaged from a bankrupted company to one of my child/development companies? I'm not seeing a way...</p>

<p>I've been in a national battle for over a year, and always came in 2nd (last). However after loosing all these battles, I've still never succumbed and dropped to cult. I'm happy with that obviously but it seems odd. I'm behind a steady 400/500 points. I have a great roster, great event ratings, higher momentum and am ranked 3rd in the world where as the company that beats me is ranked 4th. </p><p> </p><p>

I feel like things may have been changed in an update, am I wrong?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've been in a national battle for over a year, and always came in 2nd (last). However after loosing all these battles, I've still never succumbed and dropped to cult. I'm happy with that obviously but it seems odd. I'm behind a steady 400/500 points. I have a great roster, great event ratings, higher momentum and am ranked 3rd in the world where as the company that beats me is ranked 4th. <p> </p><p> I feel like things may have been changed in an update, am I wrong?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You might have gained pop by some other means. (Great Event ratings) I believe the degree of difference doesn't matter, only the ranking does.</p>

<p>How are the top row calculated for the performance in a regular match with all products at least medium???</p><p> </p><p>

Are all the skills taken into account, so is it better to have a more all-rounded wrestler?? </p><p> </p><p>

For eg: 1) Would a wrestler with 70 brawling, 20 Mat be better than a wrestler with 50 brawling and 50 mat?</p><p>

2) Say a wrestler has 60 in all top row skills except brawling where he is only 20, would this 20 drag his performance down?</p><p> </p><p>

Are the skills grouped and average taken into account?</p><p> </p><p>

Eg: Is a worker with 50 mat, 50 submission same as a worker with 70 Mat, 30 submission?</p><p> </p><p>

And combining the above two questions.. Who would be better?</p><p>

Worker A, 70 in Aerial and Flashiness, 20 in Mat, Chain and Submission.</p><p>

Worker B, 20 in Aerial and Flashiness, 70 in Mat, Chain and Submission.</p><p>

Worker C, 50 across the board.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ZTGST" data-cite="ZTGST" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No push assigned yet. Actually, I think I had accidentally set the company from Developmental to Child Company accidentally, then the contract was offered, then I set it back to Developmental, and then the female workers accepted the contract. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the reply.<p> </p><p> New question: can I give a title I pillaged from a bankrupted company to one of my child/development companies? I'm not seeing a way...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope, but that would be a nice little addition. Think its already been requested as a feature.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gtact420" data-cite="Gtact420" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How are the top row calculated for the performance in a regular match with all products at least medium???<p> </p><p> Are all the skills taken into account, so is it better to have a more all-rounded wrestler?? </p><p> </p><p> For eg: 1) Would a wrestler with 70 brawling, 20 Mat be better than a wrestler with 50 brawling and 50 mat?</p><p> 2) Say a wrestler has 60 in all top row skills except brawling where he is only 20, would this 20 drag his performance down?</p><p> </p><p> Are the skills grouped and average taken into account?</p><p> </p><p> Eg: Is a worker with 50 mat, 50 submission same as a worker with 70 Mat, 30 submission?</p><p> </p><p> And combining the above two questions.. Who would be better?</p><p> Worker A, 70 in Aerial and Flashiness, 20 in Mat, Chain and Submission.</p><p> Worker B, 20 in Aerial and Flashiness, 70 in Mat, Chain and Submission.</p><p> Worker C, 50 across the board.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks in advance</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're basically looking for the background mechanics and no one but Adam R. is going to be able to give you that. </p><p> </p><p> There are so many factors at play that its not going to come down to simple math. The exact product of the company obvious matters a lot, but so do factors like match type and road agent notes. </p><p> </p><p> Personally speaking, I value Performance skills above top row skills. In most companies, a worker with awful Performance skills but some good top row skills has limited value to me. Good or better Performance skills and I don't worry too much on the top row skills. For an SE company, someone can be a star with nothing above 60 in the top row if the Performance skills and other elements are there. For a performance product, top row matters more but I still prioritize Performance skills. </p><p> </p><p> Three possibilities don't have an exact answer, because, well, it depends. Worker A is a pretty good high flier. Worker B is a pretty good technical type. Worker C is dead average. Worker A would be great if you have a cruiserweight division or some other high fliers, but less useful if you run a company of nothing but lumbering brawling hosses. Generally speaking, it makes more sense for someone to be good at something than simply average at everything. But that doesn't mean what they are good at will automatically be useful to you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dude. This is a wrestling simulator not a dating simulator...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> "Dude" I'm very well aware what this game is, thanks. But given some wrestlers have a tendency to be known for their dating (i.e. Jerry Lawler) it would make sense if he, or someone with a similar personality would also act that way in the game. It's fine if you don't like the idea. Still no reason to be a jerk about it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Terra Ryzin" data-cite="Terra Ryzin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Again, probably answered multiple times, but is there a way to break through caps on skill levels? .. <p> </p><p> Like not a soft cap and can move up if star quality moves.. I dunno if that's suppose to be possible, but I think so, right?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's 100% gaming the database but you can go into the editor, note the skill settings you want to change, set the skill(s) you want to break to the level you want, or just 100%. Save the DB. Put the levels back to what they were before editing and save again.</p><p> </p><p> Now the cap is whatever you set it to on the first save.</p>

<p>Can anyone explain some of the other factors that come in to play when a neutral worker (a free agent) is deciding between offers from two companies? I recently had a worker choose an equal offer from a company that while the same size had lower prestige, popularity, and momentum over one from a more popular company with higher prestige and momentum. I doubled back in a backup save and then took control of the other company as well and made their offer slightly weaker (a few less perks) but their offer was still picked. </p><p> </p><p>

So basically just trying to figure out if there's anything else I could be missing besides offer strength & company ratings (pop, prestige, momentum)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's 100% gaming the database but you can go into the editor, note the skill settings you want to change, set the skill(s) you want to break to the level you want, or just 100%. Save the DB. Put the levels back to what they were before editing and save again.<p> </p><p> Now the cap is whatever you set it to on the first save.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the response. I assume this goes just as well for popularity? Or is popularity a glass ceiling that breaks with more star quality as well? Either way, thank you. Have a Nice Day!</p>

<p>Sorry for all of the questions. I'm new to playing the game.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Can a development company sign a contract with a broadcast company? I don't have an option to do this. </p><p> </p><p>

2. What is the point of having 4-5 minute segments? I have some workers that have a mid 80 popularity rating. I like to do angles with them based on overness. I know that you need at least 4 minutes in a segment for it to count towards the show rating, but when I do a 4-5 minute segment at the best it gets around mid 80s because in the dirt sheet it says the rating was capped because of the length of the segment. If I do a 9-10 minute segment than I don't have that capped penalty and sometimes I can get ratings 90+. Why would I ever want to do a 4-5 minute segment when the rating gets capped? </p><p> </p><p>

3. Why can the AI get such better ratings than me? I'm playing the Cornellverse 2010 mod. When I don't play as PGHW, PGHW are able to consistently get show ratings of 88-93. When I play PGHW I consistently get ratings between 77-86. I tried changing the products drastically, and not changing the product at all. I tried using tons of road agents notes, and very few road agent notes. I tried the same thing with match aims. I've tried having a high motivation rating and a low motivation rating. There was never anything majorly wrong with morale or the backstage area. I've tried all of these things but I still can't get my workers to get the same ratings as the AI can. Muruyama, Ugaki, Miwa, Kwakami, Kawashima, and Diaz are getting ratings that I usually can't get them to have. I can't figure out why this is happening.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry for all of the questions. I'm new to playing the game.<p> </p><p> 1. Can a development company sign a contract with a broadcast company? I don't have an option to do this. </p><p> </p><p> 2. What is the point of having 4-5 minute segments? I have some workers that have a mid 80 popularity rating. I like to do angles with them based on overness. I know that you need at least 4 minutes in a segment for it to count towards the show rating, but when I do a 4-5 minute segment at the best it gets around mid 80s because in the dirt sheet it says the rating was capped because of the length of the segment. If I do a 9-10 minute segment than I don't have that capped penalty and sometimes I can get ratings 90+. Why would I ever want to do a 4-5 minute segment when the rating gets capped? </p><p> </p><p> 3. Why can the AI get such better ratings than me? I'm playing the Cornellverse 2010 mod. When I don't play as PGHW, PGHW are able to consistently get show ratings of 88-93. When I play PGHW I consistently get ratings between 77-86. I tried changing the products drastically, and not changing the product at all. I tried using tons of road agents notes, and very few road agent notes. I tried the same thing with match aims. I've tried having a high motivation rating and a low motivation rating. There was never anything majorly wrong with morale or the backstage area. I've tried all of these things but I still can't get my workers to get the same ratings as the AI can. Muruyama, Ugaki, Miwa, Kwakami, Kawashima, and Diaz are getting ratings that I usually can't get them to have. I can't figure out why this is happening.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1) Yes, they can. </p><p> </p><p> 2) Personally, I don't understand the idea of 4-5 minute angles either, so I never do them. So... yeah. </p><p> </p><p> 3) Maybe you're just not that good a booker? Sorry, don't mean to sound arrogant, but getting good grades with the right workers is pretty easy. If you match up two workers with high pop and good in-ring abilities, and give the match plenty of time, it should get a good grade fairly easily.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>3) Maybe you're just not that good a booker? Sorry, don't mean to sound arrogant, but getting good grades with the right workers is pretty easy. If you match up two workers with high pop and good in-ring abilities, and give the match plenty of time, it should get a good grade fairly easily.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I used common sense match aims and road agent notes. Nothing weird with backstage or morale.</p><p> </p><p> Me</p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/jkhe8BE.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/JmXw3eX.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/4SmZ7gH.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/pGA0xOI.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/sqDV7UM.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/rXgdwOc.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> AI</p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/2h4QJry.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/vOFuR4L.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/HspsAby.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> I'm saving my big matches for later, but I do have some good matchups there and I don't know why they are so low compared to AI.</p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/HspsAby.jpg</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, without seeing your road agent notes, I can't really say why.<p> But you can try and make the "Dirt Sheet" available, and see the plusses and minusses of the match, and what dragged it down and what made it better.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's the thing. I barley used any road agent notes to see if they were causing the worse off matches. I use the dirt sheet. The road agent notes weren't causing any major problems except for 2 or 3 matches at the most. There was 1 major thing I changed that I forgot about. I got rid of the automatic call in ring every match. I didn't use it much because I wasn't using many road agent notes. PGHW has pretty much all the top Puro rating guys in the Cornellverse. I wonder if you get a huge bonus for using call in ring with top Puro rating guys. My gut told me the psychology rating effected how good call in the ring worked. I'll check on that tomorrow. That might be it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's the thing. I barley used any road agent notes to see if they were causing the worse off matches. I use the dirt sheet. The road agent notes weren't causing any major problems except for 2 or 3 matches at the most. There was 1 major thing I changed that I forgot about. I got rid of the automatic call in ring every match. I didn't use it much because I wasn't using many road agent notes. PGHW has pretty much all the top Puro rating guys in the Cornellverse. I wonder if you get a huge bonus for using call in ring with top Puro rating guys. My gut told me the psychology rating effected how good call in the ring worked. I'll check on that tomorrow. That might be it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> if youre not using road agent notes that's probably your problem. you get a bonus just for having open match and decisive win</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-cite="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>if youre not using road agent notes that's probably your problem. you get a bonus just for having open match and decisive win</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I tried using tons of road agent notes, being conservative with road agent notes, and barley using road agent notes. None of them fixed the problem. I wasn't picking horrible road agents notes either according to the dirt sheet. I only was once in a while. I've tried to change everything, and I can't find the cause. The only thing I can think of was not leaving the call in the ring note on automatically.</p>

Do you have crowd management on? Having a properly warmed but not burnt out crowd can swing a match an entire letter grade or even two in my experiences. Make great use of minor (worker backstage walking, etc) angles to let the crowd breathe between two huge matches back to back. Try incorporating storylines as well, which provide hefty bonuses once the stories start to get over.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you have crowd management on? Having a properly warmed but not burnt out crowd can swing a match an entire letter grade or even two in my experiences. Make great use of minor (worker backstage walking, etc) angles to let the crowd breathe between two huge matches back to back. Try incorporating storylines as well, which provide hefty bonuses once the stories start to get over.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Crowd management is not on, I have storylines. Gosh darn it it must be the automatic call in the ring! Either that or my game is cursed. Top puro guys must get a huge bonus from call in the ring. Not at computer right now, but I'll find out soon. This is 1 of the greatest mysteries in TEW history.</p>

Call In Ring is either going to give a bonus or a penalty. If they have the Psychology for it, its a nice bonus. If everyone in the match has B or better, it will usually work and it should increase the grade. As will Slow Build for a main event if they are going over 20 minutes. Add in Open Match and it shouldn't be that hard to get B+ matches. One possible issue - time decline hits match grades harder on a performance product, so are any of your top workers involved in those matches showing on your time decline list?

2) Personally, I don't understand the idea of 4-5 minute angles either, so I never do them. So... yeah.
2. What is the point of having 4-5 minute segments? I have some workers that have a mid 80 popularity rating. I like to do angles with them based on overness. I know that you need at least 4 minutes in a segment for it to count towards the show rating, but when I do a 4-5 minute segment at the best it gets around mid 80s because in the dirt sheet it says the rating was capped because of the length of the segment. If I do a 9-10 minute segment than I don't have that capped penalty and sometimes I can get ratings 90+. Why would I ever want to do a 4-5 minute segment when the rating gets capped?
I have a decent reason for running angles at less than 5 minutes - crowd management. Sometimes you might want an angle between two matches, but don't want the angle to make the crowd too cold, or even sometimes, too hot.

For example, let us say, your main event is a match with the Spectacle or Epic aim. Your co-main event is a match with "Calm the Crowd" aim. An angle with too high of a rating could essentially get your crowd too hot. If you want this angle between these two matches, you have to set the angle as Minor have angle last less than 5 minutes just in case.

Dread and Danger Kumasaka have really bad time decline. Yosuke Narita has it pretty bad, and Shuji Inukai is at the lowest stage of time decline. Time decline isn't a problem.

1.1.jpg

1.2.jpg

2.1.jpg

2.2.jpg

Both have at least B in psychology

3.1.jpg

3.2.jpg

4.1.jpg

4.2.jpg

Few weeks before I tried for Bussho Makiguchi to have a call in the ring match and the road agent said that he shouldn't of had a call in the ring match, so I didn't use it here.

5.1.jpg

5.2.jpg

Both had at least a B in psychology. American Elemental before got a shockingly high grade in a Steal The Show match, so that is why I selected it.

6.1.jpg

6.2.jpg

All 3 had at least a B in psychology

7.1.jpg

7.2.jpg

8.1.jpg

8.2.jpg

Raymond Diaz has at least a B in psychology, Yasuda does not. I wanted to test my theory out here about great puro rating wrestlers needing call in ring. Either I'm wrong about it or Yasuda isn't as good at pure as I thought. The fog of war is still very strong. Having Yasuda call in ring negated the benefit of the chemistry.

9.1.jpg

9.2.jpg

All 4 had at least a B in psychology

10.1.jpg

10.2.jpg

I'm going to have to start scripting Kozue's matches, because I have had so many problems with him and psychology. The fog of war is still super strong on him so I couldn't tell how bad the psychology was. The filter option showed he didn't have at least a B.

W1. Visibly gets tired after 20 minute steal the show match.

W2. Struggles with psychology of slow build match

W3. Doesn't have good psychology for spectacle

W4. Suffers lack of psychology in match with Toshiharu Hyobanashi

11.1.jpg

11.2.jpg

This has completely baffled me. Shuji Inukai has a 10/10 scouting rating and a 83/B+ psychology rating. Eisaku Kunomasu also has a 10/10 scouting rating and a 83/B+ psychology rating.

The reason I choose an epic match was because the dirt sheet told me Shuji Inukai has good psychology for the epic type match.

The show ended up with a 84/B+ rating.

The AI's top 15 minutes after 7 small shows and 1 large show. I have run 6 small shows and 1 large show.

1. Eisaku Kunomasu defeated Raymond Diaz 98/A*

2. Team Energy defeated Miwa & Kwakami 98/A*

3. Akinori Kwakami defeated Nobuatso Tatsuko 97/A*

4. Nobuatso Tatsuko defeated Raymond Diaz 96/A*

5. Team Energy defeated Miwa & Kwakami 94/A

6. Mito Miwa defeated Alexander Robinson 93/A

7. Shuji Inukai defeated Kozue Kawashima 93/A

8. Akinori Kwakami defeated Nobuatso Tatsuko 92/A

9. Mito Miwa defeated Nobuatso Tatsuko 92/A

10. Bryan Holmes defeated Chojuro Kitoaji 90/A

11. Team Energy defeated Miwa & Kwakami 90/A

12. Alexander Robinson defeated Bryan Holmes 90/A

13. Shuji Inukai defeated Kozue Kawashima 90/A

14. Noriyori Sanda defeated Alexander Robinson 88/B+

15. Bryan Holmes defeated Washi Heat 88/B+

On a side note, wow does PGHW have a lot of guys with great psychology.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This has completely baffled me. Shuji Inukai has a 10/10 scouting rating and a 83/B+ psychology rating. Eisaku Kunomasu also has a 10/10 scouting rating and a 83/B+ psychology rating. <p> </p><p> The reason I choose an epic match was because the dirt sheet told me Shuji Inukai has good psychology for the epic type match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I don't know if this still holds true since Adam has been fiddling around with Match Aims recently, but it used to be that Epic and Spectacle needed to be done in front a calm crowd. You would've probably gotten better results if the previous match had used Calm the Crowd instead of Regular - it'd have hurt that match's rating a bit, but the main event is much more important since it accounts for 70% of your overall show rating.</p><p> </p><p> That psychology penalty is a separate issue from Call In Ring (they're both more than good enough to qualify). According to the handbook, if the worker with the highest psychology involved in the match has less than an 85% <em>and</em> it's less than 90% of the match grade (before modifiers are applied, I'd assume), it creates a penalty that gets worse the longer the match is. That said, their psychology is high enough that I wouldn't think the penalty in this scenario would be noteworthy enough to actually appear in the report window... maybe since Epic has such high requirements, it amplifies the penalty. I got a penalty for lack of <em>selling</em> in the last Epic match I ran - the guys involved were rated 85 and 82 respectively.</p>