Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

If I want to pull off a 2 on 2 squash match, do I use the domination and decisive finish notes for both wrestlers on the winning team?

EDIT:

Also, what's the difference between sending someone down to development to "work down there" vs "to train people"? In '13 training people meant they worked down there, so has something changed here?

Is there somewhere that talks about how development territories work? Trying to set this up and it's pretty overwhelming.

If not, I'll post my questions here in addition to the above:

Using as development territory. I want to control everything.

1) Do I need to sign staff such as road agent(s), referree(s), etc?

2) I have it set up as a touring company for now - how do I make sure they hold shows? Creating an event that is shown weekly?

3) If I create a tv show, will the company try to get it on air themselves?

Jaysin covered most of this entirely.

Workers who are assigned to develop "to work down there" aren't focused on development so they may still improve if they are young enough and have room to do so, but it won't be at the same rate.

When you set the selection between child company and development territory, you are deciding whether you will have to sign everything required and ensure there are enough workers (developmental territory) or let the assigned owner do what you don't bother with (child company). The in-game help files clarify that.

Personally, I will usually try to hire young refs and young announcers, then assign them. They may develop enough to become main roster mainstays. And while developmental trainers aren't required, I usually look to hire a few. Retired wrestlers will often become road agents, so that often takes care of that.

I haven't seen many developmental companies go for TV deals on their own. They would have to be big enough - big regional, I think - and the mod would have to have broadcasters available to make that possible. Like Jaysin says, though, the easier option is to start your own broadcaster and put their TV shows on that. Even on a tiny broadcaster, the results in some tests I've run are fairly impressive.

Quick question/opinion: I am playing as TCW and running the promotion with a heavy performance over popularity tilt. Think ROH/NJPW/Evolve style. I want to run a round robin tournament similar to the G1 Climax. Has anyone run something like this successfully with a TV show/ppv based promotion? The scheduling is kind of a nightmare because with only one TV show a week, there's only so many matches you can get done. I could make the number of wrestlers involved very small, but it doesn't feel the same. Or maybe just scrap round Robin and go single elimination? Curious on everyone's thoughts.

Running a tournament with blocks would be challenging - at least lengthy - for a promotion with just one TV show per week. Multiple options, though. One you could add a B show. Another is that you could run some of the matches as dark matches, with the idea that they would be streamed for fans on the company website. Or run some weekly non-broadcast shows (house shows, essentially) and use those to run the required matches.

Jaysin covered most of this entirely.

Workers who are assigned to develop "to work down there" aren't focused on development so they may still improve if they are young enough and have room to do so, but it won't be at the same rate.

When you set the selection between child company and development territory, you are deciding whether you will have to sign everything required and ensure there are enough workers (developmental territory) or let the assigned owner do what you don't bother with (child company). The in-game help files clarify that.

Personally, I will usually try to hire young refs and young announcers, then assign them. They may develop enough to become main roster mainstays. And while developmental trainers aren't required, I usually look to hire a few. Retired wrestlers will often become road agents, so that often takes care of that.

I haven't seen many developmental companies go for TV deals on their own. They would have to be big enough - big regional, I think - and the mod would have to have broadcasters available to make that possible. Like Jaysin says, though, the easier option is to start your own broadcaster and put their TV shows on that. Even on a tiny broadcaster, the results in some tests I've run are fairly impressive.

Is there a way to see how my development is pushing guys? Like most announcers/color commentators have other pushes like road agent or personality or whatever.

Is there a way to see how my development is pushing guys? Like most announcers/color commentators have other pushes like road agent or personality or whatever.

I believe that if you go thru the Developmental Menu, then select the promotion and look at the roster, you can see what they are being pushed as. Otherwise, go through the Company list, and click on Roster on the company screen it shows their push level in the company.

Anyone know if there is a rule of thumb in terms of how many refs and road agents to carry for each fed size? I'm specifically wondering if the cult fed I'm running will have trouble carrying only one person at each role, opposed to the two I have been for the first three months of the created promotion. In an attempt to not only hire a better announcer and offset any penalties I incur during a match above C+, but also attempt to have a month in the green with low economy, low industry and one PPV event a month to start the game.

I believe that if you go thru the Developmental Menu, then select the promotion and look at the roster, you can see what they are being pushed as. Otherwise, go through the Company list, and click on Roster on the company screen it shows their push level in the company.

Thanks for your help Bigpapa!

Thanks for your help Bigpapa!

No problem at all.

A couple other things I was going to mention....

-a regular schedule works fine. The advantage of a touring schedule is you will get more shows, which means the prospects are working more regularly. But it does risk burning out younger workers and wearing them out, more notably if you have a high intensity product.

-you don't have to create any events. The owner (once assigned) will do that. If you don't like the names they come up with, you can edit them.

-mentioned this in another thread yesterday, but it fits here too - I used to open the biggest child promotion I could afford to. But I've switched up my tactics and actually start up the smallest sized ones, but several of them. Two or even three, depending on the mod and how many prospects I'm going to sign. I open them as touring promotions with the same performance equals popularity product as the main promotion, and stock each with 12-15 prospects. They tend to grow very quickly. The growth will depend on multiple factors - the product, the prospects you can/do sign, regional battles, and so on. But I avoid regions with competing promotions and while the prospects I assign have no popularity to start, they are quite good in the ring already. I find the promotions hit regional by about 2 years in, and that's without them signing really over workers on their own. A popularity based product might grow slower, though.

-be attentive to the contracts you sign the prospects too. I used to 10 year contracts for everyone, but that's silly and less of an exploit now that workers ask for raises. A long contract is fine for someone you know will develop, or is close to being ready regardless. But use shorter contracts for someone you are less certain on. if they are a total shot in the dark, only give them 6 or 9 months. That way, if they aren't developing at all, releasing them doesn't hurt much or just don't resign them.

Can someone tell me how to avoid this damn associated hot storyline penalty? Im tired of it tanking all my main events and co main events

If your main event is between two workers who are not in an associated storyline, you can always have a storyline worker set to either interfere, cause a distraction or just sit in on commentary. These will advance the storyline and you should avoid the penalty.

With the new developmental features, you can give a regular schedule company as many events as you want and you don't need to give them off months.

That's entirely true. You can do the schedule any which way you would like. The only difference that I can really think of with a touring schedule is that if the child company lands broadcasting deals, they wouldn't try to broadcast the tour shows. But a bunch of weekly events, they may.

i don't get it how the system with channels work. All my deals have expired nad now I am trying to negotiate with channels. When I try to negotiate i message window pops up stating that My owner (sinclair broadcast group) blocks negotations becase it clashes with their schedule. I dont have a deal with them anymore, I am the owner of ROH. How do I fix this?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shephart" data-cite="Shephart" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i don't get it how the system with channels work. All my deals have expired nad now I am trying to negotiate with channels. When I try to negotiate i message window pops up stating that My owner (sinclair broadcast group) blocks negotations becase it clashes with their schedule. I dont have a deal with them anymore, I am the owner of ROH. How do I fix this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ROH is owned by Sinclair Broadcast group therefore you cannot negotiate with anybody who offers services in the same area as Sinclair offers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>ROH is owned by Sinclair Broadcast group therefore you cannot negotiate with anybody who offers services in the same area as Sinclair offers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> is it possible to remove them from ownership? I want to sign with bigger channels</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shephart" data-cite="Shephart" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is it possible to remove them from ownership? I want to sign with bigger channels</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Only in the editor before the game starts.Alternatively you can just give you trucks of money and create a broadcaster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Only in the editor before the game starts.Alternatively you can just give you trucks of money and create a broadcaster.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is a dissapointment, I progressed so far and I honestly don´t want to start from the beginning, so ROH is doomed to be less covered in other countries than other companies, which is a bummer. I don´t want to cheat and progress naturally</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shephart" data-cite="Shephart" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That is a dissapointment, I progressed so far and I honestly don´t want to start from the beginning, so ROH is doomed to be less covered in other countries than other companies, which is a bummer. I don´t want to cheat and progress naturally</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Think you can also edit the range of the broadcaster in the in-game editor, but not absolutely certain.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Think you can also edit the range of the broadcaster in the in-game editor, but not absolutely certain.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can, but that´s cheating as i Mentioned on the previous page. It is sad that thee is no possibillity to buy myself out</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shephart" data-cite="Shephart" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can, but that´s cheating as i Mentioned on the previous page. It is sad that thee is no possibillity to buy myself out</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sinclair will only block you if you try to negotiate with a broadcaster that has the same coverage as they do. So if they do not offer coverage in say Mexico than you should be able to negotiate with a broadcaster who only covers Mexico (or covers Mexico and other areas that Sinclair does not). I hope that makes sense. </p><p> </p><p> I know you do not want to cheat, but I know in the default game they have preset narratives that help Revierie network expand as the game progress. You may do something similar to this by either importing Narratives or purely imaginative.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You could cheat without really cheating by upping the coverage just one notch. Or create your own broadcaster like someone else said. Personally, I wouldn't ruin a save just because of this. It's just a game!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Will Sinclair allow him to have a deal with his own broadcaster in the same regions covered by Sinclair?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will Sinclair allow him to have a deal with his own broadcaster in the same regions covered by Sinclair?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Idk. If that's the case, I'd just edit Sinclair to the next step up.</p>

<p>I am booking Starrcade in the Montreal Aftermath mod and in the Main Event i want Hulk Hogan to loose the World Title to Roddy Piper but despite what i do, Hogan refuses to loose against Piper by playing out his Creative Control. I tried to keep him Strong and even let Sting and The Giant interference, he still refuses. Then i wanted to perform a Screwjob, but Piper doesn't want that.</p><p> </p><p>

How can i talk Hogan into taking the lose?</p>