Match Aims: Story

He was referencing the "held back" note, not the requirement for storytelling matches

So was I, every match with a story-telling aim I book has road agent notes saying the workers were penalised for holding back.

The recent Goldust/R-Truth stuff would be a prime example. Guys with no top row stats left but good psychology and charisma. The story is terrible but that is not the point.

I'm with you. Their matches entirely about the weird path to their teaming up; this last match was less about a competitive match in the ring and more about trying to make each other jealous using their current partners.

So was I, every match with a story-telling aim I book has road agent notes saying the workers were penalised for holding back.

I'm not sure, but this may just be a technical way of the game telling you that the workers intentionally didn't give it their all as far as pure in-ring performance because the focus was on storytelling.

I'm not sure, but this may just be a technical way of the game telling you that the workers intentionally didn't give it their all as far as pure in-ring performance because the focus was on storytelling.

That's how I'm reading it, yeah.

Basically in storytelling nobody is going to receive major gains or losses because the focus was the story that has bled into the match.

So say you have Dark Angel vs Tommy Cornell in a series and you want to give

Angel a win but not deflate Tommy's popularity. Throw in the match aim storytelling and he won't lose as much popularity, but the match rating won't be what it could have been.

So basically it works like if you could use "keep strong" for both opponents.

Archived