One of my (very few) problems with TEW 13 was the lack of injuries. It felt too easy to plan ahead and never need to change. With 16, it was with a lot of delight that I learned that injuries would be increased. I've been playing with the setting on High, and there are definitely more injuries, but it still seems too few. In nine in-games months, and more than 40 shows booked with match intensity 60% and match danger 70%, I've still never seen a serious injury. I've had five minor injuries in this time, the most serious being two months out.

So, while it's better, it still seems like too little. Has anyone tried the extreme setting? I'm thinking of trying it, but don't want to ruin what will be a long-term save if guys are dropping like flies. Can anyone clarify just how extreme the injuries are? Thanks.

One of my (very few) problems with TEW 13 was the lack of injuries. It felt too easy to plan ahead and never need to change. With 16, it was with a lot of delight that I learned that injuries would be increased. I've been playing with the setting on High, and there are definitely more injuries, but it still seems too few. In nine in-games months, and more than 40 shows booked with match intensity 60% and match danger 70%, I've still never seen a serious injury. I've had five minor injuries in this time, the most serious being two months out.

So, while it's better, it still seems like too little. Has anyone tried the extreme setting? I'm thinking of trying it, but don't want to ruin what will be a long-term save if guys are dropping like flies. Can anyone clarify just how extreme the injuries are? Thanks.

I'm not sure what setting I have it on, but I have only been going 3 months and I've had 4 minor injuries and 1 serious long term injury, plus there have been injuries to other workers in other promotions popping up on my news feed almost daily it would seem.

Are you using workers with high safety? That may have something to do with the 'lack' of serious injuries.

Are you using workers with high safety? That may have something to do with the 'lack' of serious injuries.

Yeah, most have high safety and high resilience, so no wonder there aren't many injuries. It's not that I want half my roster out or anything, but any injuries I take are easy to work around and never seem to happen to the top guys either, so I never have to alter my plans. I'm going to try extreme and see how it goes.

Extreme is just that. I had an injury report (or more) every day. I actually had to dial it back down to High because it was too much for me, and I was one of those gunning for more injuries! :)

Yep. I ran three shows on extreme and had two injuries, one minor and one serious. I'll keep it like this a bit longer, but on a thin roster at CZCW, I might be back to high soon enough.

First thing I did when the game came out was created my own injury file, modeled after the WMMA approach: (Minor/Moderate/Major BLANK Injury, where blank is head, neck, spine, etc.)

I made minor injuries pretty common and workable, moderate injuries are a mixed bag and less common (groin injury? Sure. Spinal injury? Not so much), and major injuries are universally unworkable but also the rarest.

Yep. I ran three shows on extreme and had two injuries, one minor and one serious. I'll keep it like this a bit longer, but on a thin roster at CZCW, I might be back to high soon enough.

Or, stop coddling your roster and having your most capable people at the top of the card. The real impact of the increased injury rate is in combination with botches and the importance of the safety skill. Try having your top guys do best of five match series against Bullseye and Jonnie Perez. I've seen workers put out of action for a year or more due to botches (Missy Masterson suffering a torn rotator cuff at the hands of Killer Kass, for example) and I only run on Medium. Wolf Hawkins, out a year and three months (major concussion), Donnie J out a year and two months (shattered elbow), Koki Ishibashi out a year and a month (torn quad), Jimmy Stratosphere out a year and three months (shattered knee after a botch by Isoruko Arakaki), and in a neat bit of turnabout, Bobbie Dylan out a month after a botch by Kaori Mochizuki.....after Bobbie put Karen Rock (dojo grad) out for a month with a botch. Sounds retaliatory to me.

Basically, if you want to see your top guys get put on the shelf, put them in matches with people with low safety. That's typically how it happens in real life (ask CM Punk). Between wear & tear (which CZCW probably can't reproduce) and flat out unsafe workers, it's bound to happen.

Or, stop coddling your roster and having your most capable people at the top of the card. The real impact of the increased injury rate is in combination with botches and the importance of the safety skill. Try having your top guys do best of five match series against Bullseye and Jonnie Perez.

Basically, if you want to see your top guys get put on the shelf, put them in matches with people with low safety. Between wear & tear (which CZCW probably can't reproduce) and flat out unsafe workers, it's bound to happen.

Oh, little Jonnie P has major locker room heat already for injuring two guys in a month, so you're spot on with that!

It's not that I necessarily want my top guys out, more that I want a curveball thrown every now and again that forces me to change my booking plans. But I'm running weekly now with CZCW, so wear & tear will come into play soon enough I think.

I'm definitely happier with the injury rate in this game than 13, but maybe I need to clock more game time just to see how it plays out long term.

Yeah.. sorta seems to me that having only been 9 game months in at the start of this thread I wouldn't have expected a major curve ball incident like a top star being injured already.. especially when not running weekly. If that were the case you'd be looking at majorly changing your plans every single year which wouldn't really be reflective of reality and you would almost plan for that chaotic moment. I want the injury of main eventers/figureheads to be so rare it is completely unpredictable, knocks me on my backside and has me wondering how to book my next shows for days afterward.

Archived