I'm just heading into 1993 using a converted mod of 91, without making any changes.

- WCW start with about 25million.

Now the game starts with quite a few high pop workers out of work.

Andre the giant

Billy graham

Jesse Ventura

Mr t

Iron sheik

Ricky steamboat

But WCW have not bidded for any of these. I've taken sheik, steamboat and Andre the giant twice and WCW haven't even attempted.

Now what is strange is WCW bid for just about everyone of my workers who are above midcard. They have signed

Macho man

Boss man

Sgt slaughter

Rick rude

Stan Hansen

Bulldog

Jake Roberts

Steve Williams

Rick Martel

All of these were signed directly from me. Now what is strange is these people have been free agents, and some having left me after handing their notice in and stayed free for 6 months ish and resigned for me without WCW going for them

Warrior (now with ECWA on a ppa)

Sgt slaughter (WCW didn't try and sign him when he was a free agent, he left me and signed for me 6months later and WCW only bidded when his contract was up for renewal)

Mr perfect (i signed him back)

Ted dibiase

Andre the giant (signed him twice and now a free agent)

Roddy piper

Vader

Shawn Michaels

For some reason this list of workers has been at some point a free agent after getting a release from their contract with me. WCW haven't tried getting any of the except sgt slaughter, but only because I signed him agian.

Is there something we can change with the owner/company/head Booker which determines if they will go for free agents or not? Or can it be patched in? It seems daft that they will offer boss man over 50k while trying to outbid me, when warrior, perfect, piper etc have all been out of contract and wouldn't negotiate with me

Even if you aren't at war, if you're both national, then you will still have a national battle.

Presuming that is the case, this seems by design, since we were told that the AI will be more aggressive about stealing workers in 16. But they haven't been made more interested in hiring popular FA workers, it appears.

It would at least make more sense if they entered a bidding war against you when you tried to hire those kinds of workers, even if they won't go after them on their own (probably to prevent them from bloating their roster and getting into dire financial straits).

Of the initial ones you listed, 4 of the 6 are physical wrecks in the 91 data, which may keep the AI from bothering. Steamboat makes less sense, since he's not in that bad of shape (though he actually should be).

Tbh it's not the original ones that I'm suprised about. It's the ones after. If you look at say boss man, they paid a lot over the odds just trying to out is me, when they could have got warrior or perfect for the same or less.

Sgt slaughter though proves that they aren't signing free agents and are only signing my workers because they left him alone when he cancelled his contract with me, but when I signed him back they were interested in him

The AI will aggressively go after high priority free agents, but only ones they want. As BP pointed out, a lot of the guys you just brought up are old or broken down, they're not particularly good signings.

The AI will aggressively try and mess with you too; that would be why they are only interested in Slaughter when you have him. When he's a free agent he's not worth a great deal. When you have him, they may go after him just to screw with you.

The AI will aggressively go after high priority free agents, but only ones they want. As BP pointed out, a lot of the guys you just brought up are old or broken down, they're not particularly good signings.

The AI will aggressively try and mess with you too; that would be why they are only interested in Slaughter when you have him. When he's a free agent he's not worth a great deal. When you have him, they may go after him just to screw with you.

B*stards!

In wasn't suprised they didn't sign anyone from the top list, as myself I only signed a couple just as extras.

It was the bottom list I was more suprised by, but i suppose your answer is saying that there are reason why the AI haven't gone for them.

Maybe slaughter and piper are too old,

Perfect not the style the want.

And the others they literally only signed because I had them.

Warrior is probably too low reputation wise because he had so many incidents with me.

it just seemed odd they hadn't signed any free agents, but there roster if probably really full (of my old wrestlers lol)

Well yeah, the AI will surely try to keep closer to the recommended Roster size than the player would unless there is benefit and strategic benefit to signing them .

As in because they work for me lol

They haven't even hit national yet and lose 1 pop point per month, and have taken lots of A and B pop rated stars off me.

Time for them to change Booker lol

My main gripe with the AI is their inability to push anyone, the same as in TEW 13.

I ran a 10 year sim on the 1987 database and the WWF had zero people in the main event who weren't main eventers at the games start (Hogan, Junkyard, Savage etc.)

Of the upper midcarders, there were only 2 new faces who weren't Upper Midcard or Main Event when the game began (both were signed from outside the company, not brought up from the original roster)

What's even more bizarre is they did seemingly try to push one person. Tully Blanchard who they gave the WWF Title while he was a midcarder! Even after a year of holding it he was only at Upper Midcard. So the one time the AI did push someone, it was a bit of a ridiculous extreme.

TEW2016 AI = scumbag? :p

I ran a 10 year sim on the 1987 database and the WWF had zero people in the main event who weren't main eventers at the games start (Hogan, Junkyard, Savage etc.)

You shouldn't put too much stock in one scenario.

The AI will push new people - a quick sim of the default data will clearly show that - but you will naturally get stagnation in certain scenarios. WWF are basically perfectly set up to negate a turnover of the main event scene because of their ideal combination of lots of money, being the alpha of the game world, and having a ME stocked with mega talent. With people unlikely to leave and star wrestlers likely to be stolen from elsewhere, you're massively stacking the odds against a midcarder getting to the top because there's simply no spaces for them to take.

Contract that with a healthy game world where there's legit competition and not such a concentration of talent and you will see a higher turnover.

This reflects how it works in reality.

As I keep saying, it's unfair on Adam and the modders to judge these converted '13 mods. They need a lot of work to be fully compatible with '16. You are guaranteed to see inconsistencies and irregularities if you just convert and go.

What's even more bizarre is they did seemingly try to push one person. Tully Blanchard who they gave the WWF Title while he was a midcarder! Even after a year of holding it he was only at Upper Midcard. So the one time the AI did push someone, it was a bit of a ridiculous extreme.

Pretty sure I would have gone into the editor and renamed him some play on Roman Reigns.

The AI will push new people - a quick sim of the default data will clearly show that - but you will naturally get stagnation in certain scenarios. WWF are basically perfectly set up to negate a turnover of the main event scene because of their ideal combination of lots of money, being the alpha of the game world, and having a ME stocked with mega talent. With people unlikely to leave and star wrestlers likely to be stolen from elsewhere, you're massively stacking the odds against a midcarder getting to the top because there's simply no spaces for them to take.

Contract that with a healthy game world where there's legit competition and not such a concentration of talent and you will see a higher turnover.

I'm not sure it does reflect reality as you say, and I don't think the default data can be used as a barometer for realism seeing as it's completely fantasy (don't get me wrong, it's a cool universe which has had a lot of work put into it, not criticising the concept of the c-verse, just the use of it to try and prove realism)

You look at any point in which WWF hasn't had competition (so 2002 onwards lets say) and I don't think you could take a snapshot of the main eventers and 10 years later there would be zero people in the main event who weren't previously. Will some be there? of course, but there will be names around them.

If anything having no competition is more reason to push your midcarders because there's isn't anyone developing much of a name value in other companies. WWF could hire Chris Jericho away from WCW and put him straight into the upper midcard level because WCW gave him a name value. Without that rival company WWF/E has to build their own guys from lower down.

Take now for example, the 2016 main eventers are Roman Reigns, John Cena, Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, Triple H, AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar (occasional), Ambrose.

10 years before, 4 of those were main eventers (Cena, Orton, Triple H, Lesnar) 3 of them pushed from development and one a somewhat high profile name from the indies (more commonly known to casual fans than Seth + Dean were anyway)

Again, not expecting a huge overturn at the top by any means. But there should at least be some names there. For no one who started midcard or lower (when you look at some of the skill/star quality guys WWF had in the midcard back then) to even be at Upper Midcard is really puzzling to me. WWF's Upper Midcard is completely unrecognisable to 10 years ago. Sheamus, Wyatt, New Day, Del Rio, Miz, Ryback, Owens, Zayn etc.

I don't think there is too much stock being placed on one scenario, he's reported a legitimate issue of a National promotion giving their top belt to a worker of midcarder status. Unless the Booker is Vince Russo, I'd say this is a bug quite clearly.

We hear this a lot that the WWE is a behemoth, workers being lost in the shuffle or just not being given the opportunities to succeed. Fair point, but keep in mind we are hearing that from shoots (most of the time), regurgitated by the likes of Vince and HHH when the subject has reared in a clear attempt to work the audience, deflect criticism and attention away from actual booking decisions.

I'd very much like to know how and why the game comes to a decision to give the Main Event belt to a midcarder. <- This is the actual issue at play here, it's nothing to do with what the workers are called or whether it is fiction/fantasy. A Main Event belt should never conceptually be given to a midcarder.

As I keep saying, it's unfair on Adam and the modders to judge these converted '13 mods. They need a lot of work to be fully compatible with '16. You are guaranteed to see inconsistencies and irregularities if you just convert and go.

This is a bit of wild speculation here. Where has IWWRocks said he's just converted and go - why are you making this up?

"You keep saying", but what you don't realise is you are making wild assumptions and spreading misinformation. Please, stop.

I don't think there is too much stock being placed on one scenario, he's reported a legitimate issue of a National promotion giving their top belt to a worker of midcarder status. Unless the Booker is Vince Russo, I'd say this is a bug quite clearly.

If you read my post again you'll see that I was very specifically responding to his comment about main event turnover, not his issue with the title.

If you read my post again you'll see that I was very specifically responding to his comment about main event turnover, not his issue with the title.

Yep, and I have again. Which is why I mentioned it again as it seemed overlooked, though perhaps not :)

To address the point of AI pushes, I have seen the AI give quite strong pushes in terms of win records with workers who have good menace, though a Wholesome Face Figurehead character in a Mainstream promotion are having quite a few losses and draws in comparison over a year's soak data and filtering through my stats I've collected.

I am not sure though what level of detail you go to in there with AI. When I have some time I'll look into things a little bit more and report my findings, as there does seem to be a lack of realism at times with the lack of pushes and almost 50/50 booking in a lot of cases I've seen.

This is a bit of wild speculation here. Where has IWWRocks said he's just converted and go - why are you making this up?

"You keep saying", but what you don't realise is you are making wild assumptions and spreading misinformation. Please, stop.

There is no way has anyone been able to put in the required time to make a mod completely playable in '16. Check the mod section, most modders are speculating July at the earliest because of the sheer amount of new information that needs inputting or tweaking.

Therefore it is a quite reasonable assumption. So calm down.

What I'm saying is you can't use a mod created for the previous iteration to be your basis for finding "bugs" like this.

There is no way has anyone been able to put in the required time to make a mod completely playable in '16. Check the mod section, most modders are speculating July at the earliest because of the sheer amount of new information that needs inputting or tweaking.

Therefore it is a quite reasonable assumption. So calm down.

What I'm saying is you can't use a mod created for the previous iteration to be your basis for finding "bugs" like this.

I am calm, and I forgot, there's no bugs in 'fantasy data' because it's just fantasy :rolleyes:.

What data is being used is actually irrelevant to the core problem. Ignore the names of workers and WWE for a second.

You're focusing too much on the data than the actual logic the AI is using to push workers of lower card status, and the other issue of gifting a midcarder the main event title belt. On a fundamental level you can appreciate there's something wrong there to look at?

There is a valid bug in pointing out logic issues at a conceptual level. If you can't see that because you want to focus on the whatever database is being used (and you have no idea regarding the state of the promotion being played), then that's up to you. It's quite a reasonable assumption I grant you, the point is the assumption is misguided since only vague details have been given out at this point.

Archived