Real World Equivalent/The Cornellverse and it's Characters

Seems there are a few people considering (or at least trying to) switching from Real World to Cornellverse games and I thought it might be helpful if we could list some 'Go to' real world equivalent characters to help in transition? - I know the C-Verse isn't directly related to real world so we wont find exact matches, but hope a discussion on the characters and the way the community tends to interpret them might help some new players/RW mod players make the transition.

I personally have been looking for a 'Brock Lesnar' type character for a storyline I have planned.. I originally leaned toward Annihilus with plans to give him a mouth peice/manager... but he doesn't seem anywhere near as rounded in the ring as Brock and I'm doubting the choice. Anybody have any better suggestions?

Marat Khoklov is the closest I think when it comes to monster heel final boss booking that Brock gets. I've always seen Bulldozer Brandon Smith as that kind of worker too. With a little patience you could polish him up into a nice main event heel and he can even talk pretty well.

21CW also have a bunch of guys that could fit the bill if you're willing to put in the work. Beast Bantom, Viktor Beskov, Bedlam, and even Grave Digga and Mass Hulk could develop into what you're looking for if they have good rolls and some time to develop.

Seems there are a few people considering (or at least trying to) switching from Real World to Cornellverse games and I thought it might be helpful if we could list some 'Go to' real world equivalent characters to help in transition? - I know the C-Verse isn't directly related to real world so we wont find exact matches, but hope a discussion on the characters and the way the community tends to interpret them might help some new players/RW mod players make the transition.

I personally have been looking for a 'Brock Lesnar' type character for a storyline I have planned.. I originally leaned toward Annihilus with plans to give him a mouth peice/manager... but he doesn't seem anywhere near as rounded in the ring as Brock and I'm doubting the choice. Anybody have any better suggestions?

Remo is the brock lesnar of the game, godlike SQ mixed with some charisma and rounded ring-skills, also a respectable brawler, but lacks mic skills, looks exactly like Lesnar to me. but he is tied to SWF with a written contract

Remo is the brock lesnar of the game, godlike SQ mixed with some charisma and rounded ring-skills, also a respectable brawler, but lacks mic skills, looks exactly like Lesnar to me. but he is tied to SWF with a written contract

Not on my game, he was sacked while SWF champion for mocking the disabled and spent a year in the wilderness before USPW picked him up.

There are some great suggestions here.. got me considering tweaking my plans and bringing in a super stable of heels instead of one guy (thinking 'The Titans') and having them run roughshod over the company.

How do people feel about authority figures? Seems a lot of people run their UCs as wrestlers - especially with the new Figure head feature. Do you still use your UC as 'the boss' or hire someone to fill that role? And, if you hire people who is your go to guy?

How do people feel about authority figures? Seems a lot of people run their UCs as wrestlers - especially with the new Figure head feature. Do you still use your UC as 'the boss' or hire someone to fill that role? And, if you hire people who is your go to guy?

Before TEW16, I almost never ran an active wrestler user character. I was always the color commentator and backstage interviewer. I tend to carry lots of manager types so I'd usually use one of them as the authority figure. My go-to has always been Emma Chase but if I didn't have access to her (or didn't want to steal her pre-game), I'd use workers whose only role was 'personality'. In the C-Verse, that was Clare South (heel) or Cheyenne (babyface). I did have one game where Victoria Stone was removed as booker of NOTBPW and I later stole her to be the boss but that was an isolated incident.

This time around, my first (non-beta) save is specifically to test the figurehead mechanic so my user character is an uber talented active wrestler. She's not the boss onscreen though. I just threw a bunch of money at Emma Chase to come play that role. Up until then, I have been foreshadowing the arrival of the new owner (would've been Clare since I sent Cheyenne to rehab) for months.

I'm like Remi - I almost never use an active wrestler as my UC. The only times I will are situations like TCW where the existing booker is an active wrestler, and I use them. Its mostly backstage folks of some type.

Using the UC as an on-screen authority figure - assuming they have the Entertainment skills and maybe some popularity - works pretty well. Honestly, I've moved away from using authority figures too much, though. As Self pointed out a long time ago, its hard to do something of note with authority figures that isn't a rehash or a cliché. I typically run with the idea that any on-screen authority figure isn't the person with the absolute authority, but a designated representative of some murky "Competitive Committee" that makes the decisions.

Archived