To ragequit, or not to ragequit?

You ever take a beat that makes you just want to say "eff it!" and quit a save? If you're anything like me, the answer is yes.

So there I was, tooling along successfully through my first month as WCW in the Superfly Effect alt 87 mod, when New Japan comes a'knockin. They offer a few touring deals, I figure that's no biggie, put some seasoning on some of those low card guys who I have future plans for.

And then I find out that signing a touring contract nulls an exclusive PPA contract. Straight out the gate I've lost Sting and Vader, and neither is interested in resigning with me at all.

I want to throw my computer.

So, tell me what you think, should I work through it since neither was actually ready yet and just resign them in six months? Should I ragequit? Should I restart my AWA game?

Got a bad beat? Tell me about that too! Tell me how you turned it around for the better! Or how it exploded in your face.

To be honest, this sort things can happen at new saves to! The AI is set a lot agressiver to get talents. Try to find other guys to get in the plans. And remember, they might even be better in six months in game time or a lot more popular!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Justin" data-cite="Justin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41896" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>SNIP</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Easy fix for when you overlook Exc. PPAs: go into the editor and change the contract type and length to the original length.</p>

<p>I finally hit Cult, and immediately tried to sign my top guys to Written deals as they're getting in the B- range and I know that's when SWF and USPW start taking interest. Immediately lose 3/5 Franchise Players to USPW, barely keep my figurehead (Remmy Skye) by literally breaking the bank and paying him 2x what he's worth normally.</p><p> </p><p>

Looks like we're getting another year of LOLSKYEWINS while I build up some of these other guys. Austin Smooth and Wolfsbane are both still not great, but they're locked into Written deals for a few years and at the top of my Hot Prospects.</p><p> </p><p>

I had just built up 'The Street Avenger' Sayeed Ali as a great tweener with a Vigilante gimmick with months of vignettes and then he was killing it in the ring, too, and was probably going to be the guy who I put the title on. Now he's for sure going to SWF, and going to drop right into the Main Event at that.</p><p> </p><p>

Losing 'Ravishing' Ricky DeColt doesn't really hurt me that much, as I'm stocked up on babyfaces and that's what he does best, but I was looking to use him to transition the strap to Kip Keenan or Mitico.</p><p> </p><p>

Ozzie Golden became low key one of the best workers on my roster, his heel pop star gimmick with Dharma Gregg being an obsessive fangirl was money. So much money that USPW is throwing 28k at him. Jesus. Too rich for my blood. Hoping to keep him with some perks, as he's really a guy I grew and built and feel attached.</p><p> </p><p>

I might just make Bulldozer my top heel and just have him go on a rampage. Either that, or transition into a Greg Gauge reign and have him run through the babyfaces before dropping it back to Skye or to Lucha III to transition into him being my new figurehead.</p><p> </p><p>

Still, my plans for the future got shot in the leg. I guess I couldn't have expected to keep getting the segment ratings I was without someone taking notice.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: The point is it's sort of tedious to book out plans and then having to resort back to 'the figurehead wins' over and over again because the guys I've built to be his level are gone. Definitely considering a RQ, but I think I'll just go for it.</p>

<p>I've never ragequit a TEW game. Unexpected catastrophes are as much a part of wrestling, and TEW, as unexpected successes. Unless your company is already in a tailspin there's nothing that can't, eventually, be recovered from. I don't plan too much in advance, and when I do have a long-term idea, it's usually simple/vague, so maybe that helps me be flexible. </p><p> </p><p>

For example, in my last long-term game, playing TNA from 2004-2007, I had my midcard gutted twice by newly opening companies, had Jeff Jarrett blow his knee out in the match he won the world title in, causing his retirement(I transitioned my ideas for his world title run to Steve Corino), and had Bryan Danielson die at 24 from an antique grenade, and probably some other things I'm not recalling. Despite all that, I eventually(early 2007) started getting higher TV ratings and PPV buys than the WWE.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FankuKaibutsu" data-cite="FankuKaibutsu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41896" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> For example, in my last long-term game, playing TNA from 2004-2007, I had my midcard gutted twice by newly opening companies, had Jeff Jarrett blow his knee out in the match he won the world title in, causing his retirement(I transitioned my ideas for his world title run to Steve Corino), and had Bryan Danielson die at 24 from an antique grenade, and probably some other things I'm not recalling. Despite all that, I eventually(early 2007) started getting higher TV ratings and PPV buys than the WWE.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh my God. LOL. Your games are way more eventful than most of mines.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41896" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh my God. LOL. Your games are way more eventful than most of mines.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same here!</p><p> </p><p> I struggle to get a long game going because I tend to quit at the first sign of a screwup. So, I figure, I'll keep going, SOLDIER ON "if you weeeeel!"</p><p> </p><p> Anybody else got any bad beats they wanna get off their chest?</p>

Archived