How Does Brand Focus Work?

Hey y'all, I just had a quick question for you guys. Despite playing TEW2013 pretty religiously since it came out, and now picking up 16 a little while ago, I've never really done a brand split playthrough for WWE and with the upcoming split I figure I guess now I'm kind of obligated to, so my question is really: how does the brand focus work?

Like I'm sure some of you have done, I want to set Smackdown to a Modern focused product, sort of emulating the style of NXT where workers are just as likely to get over due to their in-ring work as well as their promo work and storylines. But what I don't know is how the rating of those segments will be? If I set Smackdown to a modern focused product will my smackdown matches still be judged based on different criteria than RAW? And what if my company product is different from Smackdown's? Will I take a huge ratings hit from fans who want more storyline stuff?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yep- think of it as a slight tick up in one category or another. So if you want to do Smackdown with a bunch of cruiserweights, maybe you give it a Lucha Libra or a Pure focus, while Raw is a "Normal" focus. Or if you want to bring back ECW as a minor brand with a hardcore focus you can do that. Don't think of it as entirely different product from your core, think of it more as a highlighting of a certain portion of it.

they wouldn't gain cruiserweight skill faster but they might rise higher up the card faster depending on the other product settings

Also instead of lucha libre and pure for cruiserweights it might be better to make a Lucha, Modern or Daredevil focus

Archived