Transferring to a new computer

I'm new to this forum and want to buy TEW 2016. My reservation is that I plan to get a new computer in a couple months and have read that transferring the elicense to another computer can be a hassle. Has anyone here transferred to a new computer and was it a hassle? Thank you in advance.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
It would, but if he knows where the licensing information is located it provides him with all the information he'd need if he has any issues in future. Teach a man to fish, etc.

dont see what to do in the FAQ if the PC it was originally installed on is inoperable

dont see what to do in the FAQ if the PC it was originally installed on is inoperable

It is near the bottom of the FAQ:

"I had a hard disk crash \ my computer got wiped \ I no longer have access to my old computer, what happens to my license?"

Your license has been "locked" onto that machine. You will need to contact Scott (scott@greydogsoftware.com) to have it unlocked. Ideally, you should include your license code ("order ID") or, if you don't have this, your name and the last four digits (last four only!) of the card you used to purchase the game.

• 4 months later...
I have had a similar problem. My computer completely went into meltdown and I can’t license my mma5 or tew2020 game to my new pc. I sent the email to the address as requested but get a bounce back saying address NA. Don’t think Scott is correct contact anymore. Is there anything anyone can do to help me?

In general if it's a planned computer change or you plan to reformat

You simply need to unlicense the game from your old computer. To do this follow these steps on your old computer BEFORE uninstalling the game (if you’ve already uninstalled you can simply reinstall it):

1.) Go to the shortcut you use to launch the game. Right-click on it and select Properties.

2.) In the target box, at the end of the path, add a space, and then: -unlicense

3.) Hit Apply and close the box.

4.) Launch the game, this should pop up the unlicense window.