How do you book wrestler returns?

<p>Depends on who the worker is. </p><p> </p><p>

If he's at midcard or lower level I usually just put him back into action, for more popular workers I try to build a storyline around their return (sometimes with a face/heel turn) if possible.</p>

<p>It depends who they are, if I have a gimmick and/or turn planned. If it's a guy I don't care about then he'll just go back into the fold.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

If a guy has been out too long hell be sent to developmental to clear his ring rust, unless a big event is coming up.</p><p> </p><p>

On the 2001 mod HBK is out for 11 more months so damn right i'll be setting up somthing huge for him. </p><p> </p><p>

Maybe a Number 30 entrance at Mania an go to win. </p><p> </p><p>

Maybe kinda copy his return and feud with HHH</p><p> </p><p>

Got a loose idea of HBK managing the two men power trip, only for the champ Austin to go off it and beat the living hell out of HBK for trying to try in the spotlight pat his usage. Austin to destroy any people .HBK to come back and challenge him to a match, Title for Austins match of choice. Unsure what to do with Trips, have him keep himself out of the way.. HBK wins they reunite DX then... people like Austin get in his ear saying that HBK held him back last time and he'll do it again... HHH turn on HBK.. big long feud over the title.</p><p> </p><p>

..</p><p> </p><p>

I've signed Goldberg, however he's injured for 3 more months.. which is good as it'll give me a chance to change what I want around... but unsure the best way to go with it when he does debut. not wasting Goldberg v Austin, keeping that another 9 months untill Mania. Don't wanna feed the Rock to him so I don't know.</p><p> </p><p>

Perhaps Goldberg v The Corporation: You will have to earn a shot at the top here, your WCW accomplishments meant nothing, you're starting from scratch, a rookie in the WWF, you can accept it or go home... Goldberg will go on a mini streak until he gets his hands on Vince and I have a clearer plan of who to feed him.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>It depends, if it's just a worker who wasn't really doing much i'll just put them back into what they were doing or I might decide to re-package them if it's a long injury so when they come back they have something to do. e.g. Scott Levy got injured for me in my AWA save in mid-1992 so in late-1993 I returned Scott Levy in his Raven character, just sitting in the rafters. Had him appearing in the rafters for a couple more weeks then he eventually came down and face the AWA Television champion at the time (can't remember who it was now) and had Raven pick up the win. </p><p> </p><p>

For already established Main Event stars who are injured I will set up a story line closer to their return. e.g. when JT Southern tore his ACL he was forced to vacant the AWA World Heavyweight Championship then his former Tag team partner JJ Southern (Jeff Jarrett) won the world title. He then began taunting JT Southern. Then after defending the belt during a PPV JJ Southern began taunting JT Southern again, only this time JT Southerns music hit and out came JT Southern as he began brawling with Jeff Jarrett-- Eventually setting up the battle of the Southerns at the next PPV.</p><p> </p><p>

Lastly though if it's just a minor injury where a lower-tier/mid-tier/higher-tier worker just misses a few days to a couple of weeks and they can't wrestle through it then I won't build-up a big story behind it and I'll just simply put them back into the mix.</p>

Archived