[Test] KICKS: K-1 World Grand Prix 2000

So, i decided to try something new. A real life Kickboxing mod, utilizing the "Loves to Strike" attribute and the 10s knockdown rule, starting in January 2000.

I've created all the fighters who competed in the K-1 World Grand Prix 2000 and a few more, but, i figured i should see if there's any interest in this project before creating more fighters.

So, this Test consists of 17 active fighters and other 6 that are yet to enter the game. There's 6 active organizations, but K-1 is the only one with fighters.

There's no gyms, no Broadcasters and the only regions i updated were the Japanese ones.

As I said, for now, this is just a test.

https://www.mediafire.com/?m8jonbmuuki6ot9

Any feedback is more than appreciated!

<p>Funny that you are working on this mod. I was seriously considering trying to do a mod with boxers using the "loves to strike" and "no kicks" attributes. Obviously I know it would never work perfectly, but it may work good enough.</p><p> </p><p>

Ill give this a try</p>

• 5 weeks later...

<p>Quick Update, I've added a few more Kickboxers and the mod has 28 active fighters and 7 Gyms now. Some of the new fighters added are Alexey Ignashov, Alistair Overeem, Cung Le, Remy Bonjasky and Ramon Dekkers.</p><p>

The Gyms are Chakuriki, Chinuk, Eagle, Golden Glory, Mejiro, Por Pramuk and Vos Gym.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

I've updated the download link to a new version. There's a few gyms now, some new fighters but the Mod is still just a "beta version".

And, about that, I'll continue to work in this database but as I'm helping Deskoft in his Real Word MMA mod and, due to the huge amount of work to be done, i'll probably pause the update in this Kickboxing mod, if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<p>Ok, i want to go back to the Real World MMA mod, so, i'll update the link in the first post again to the newest version.</p><p>

There's a bunch of new fighters, especially in the MAX division. Also, a lot of Thai fighters (BTW, it's really hard to find information on the 90's fighters, like Orono Por Muang Ubon...), most of them debut later though...</p><p>

Some of the new fighters are Albert Kraus, Dany Bill, Frank Shamrock, Genki Sudo, John Wayne Parr, Duane Ludwig, Masato, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Kaoklai, Namsaknoi, Jorina Baars, Cris Cyborg and others.</p><p>

Also, I've added some teams (Roufusport, Caesar Gym, Boonchu Gym, Team Andy Hug) and i'm still adding MMA narratives (Like, just play. The first happens on Sunday, Week 4, January.)</p><p> </p><p>

There's a lot of things to do yet, but... I think it's playable the way it is, if you want to run a K1 Grand Prix every year. It's not that bad anymore.</p>

Archived