My Show (Tips & Tricks Needed)

Hello all, im a very new player to the game and still have a very basic basic knowledge of the game and as much as im pouring more hours than normal in my first week i dont seem to be improving very much at all no matter what tips and tricks i read up on.

Now i started with the default database as i like the random feel to it and the game advances much quicker than having a mod active. I started my own company on rock hard as i love a challenge and the idea of being owner and head Booker meant i couldn't get fired or anything (i know probably not wise considering my play time)

Im based in Scotland and ive recently just been "promoted" to a small company after 1 year of in game play time and hosting more or less 1 show per month as i feel it helps keep the finances in the green and so far thats worked.

My show has gimmicks and storylines active with traditional and mainstream being my products key features (i basically kept most of this default)as for my roster i have 4 Heels and 4 Faces with one Main Event title active, as well as 1 announcer and 1 referee and my Avatar is an authority figure. I have had this roster since my 2nd or 3rd month as im too scared to add more incase my finances plummit. i have released 1 or 2 and got them replaced but never more than 8 active wrestlers at one given time.

I just though id give a basic overview and feel for my save before i ask a few questions i would like to know the answer too (any random tips or tricks that worked for you are more than appreciated also!)

1. My show overall ratings are never above 25 and matches / segments never hit over 40, considering im a Small show is that considered still awful?

2. I can never get the required 2 storylines above 23 heat, i always run 1 match on story telling per show and try add 1 or 2 angles for said storyline but nothing seems to help. Given my size would i be better to turn the face and heel divide off?

3. In options i have it active so that the beginning of Year 2 in January will add new random talent to the game, im now in Febuary of Year 2 and im wondering if there is an easy way to find them? do they have avatars like the rest? are they all really young 18-19?

4. When im searching for wrestlers is there a way to filter it out or adjust how much money the wrestler (or anyone for that matter) will cost me a show? as im tired of scrolling and scrolling just to find one guy below 350 a show.

5. My backroom rating is always around 55-65% is there any tips to get it up? i have 0 locker room leaders but out of my 8 guys around 4-5 are positive people overall, this seems to be affecting my ratings.

6. Whats the purpose for creating alliances with other companies? is it worth doing given my current state as a small company.

7. Any tips on finances? as i said before i do one show a month and with everything else my money seems to stay positive but now im running shows for a small company im losing ALOT more money per show than before.

8. I always run 1 hour shows as i dont have the roster to fill any longer? does thsi effect anything like money income or show ratings?

Sorry for the super long post and 8 questions, now i know its alot but if anyone feels they have a nice answer to any of these please post below as id love to know you're guys thoughts.

Thank you,

Sam.

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2221731#post2221731

Check out this post. It'll have tons of helpful tips on helping you out. As for some of your questions...

I haven't played small for a while, but a 25 sounds about right.

At your size, and only running one show a month, you probably should edit your product so that you're not running any storylines at all. You need a weekly show to help keep the storyline heat up.

If you're on the main news screen, click on news, click on filter, and change the story type to new workers. They'll show up on that news feed at the start of every month also.

If you filter for wrestlers with an unknown pop, they would be your best bet to sign.

For the locker room, I would look to hire wrestlers that would be a positive example and/or a locker room leader. You can filter for this on the worker screen. Also, before your show starts, try to prank somebody, as that can help out too. Or backfire and make the wrestler hate you.

My suggestion would be to play with one of the small companies already in the game, not your own company with 8 workers. I don't know European scenes, but there's a lot of fun small companies already in the game. Try it out for a couple saves, learn the game, then come back to this. Right now it's an impossible task to explain every single aspect about this game.

I don't know how it would work in a small fed like yours, but I've always had luck with two things: A modern TV opening on every show (I create one that is for 8 wrestlers to get more over at once), and a multi man tag (3v3, 4v4, 5v5) as my main events, except for World title matches. I generally play with the larger feds, either in the C-Verse or through the mod I'm currently playing, so this strategy may not be as successful in a small fed...

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2221731#post2221731

Check out this post. It'll have tons of helpful tips on helping you out. As for some of your questions...

I haven't played small for a while, but a 25 sounds about right.

At your size, and only running one show a month, you probably should edit your product so that you're not running any storylines at all. You need a weekly show to help keep the storyline heat up.

If you're on the main news screen, click on news, click on filter, and change the story type to new workers. They'll show up on that news feed at the start of every month also.

If you filter for wrestlers with an unknown pop, they would be your best bet to sign.

For the locker room, I would look to hire wrestlers that would be a positive example and/or a locker room leader. You can filter for this on the worker screen. Also, before your show starts, try to prank somebody, as that can help out too. Or backfire and make the wrestler hate you.

I'm having some issues with turning off story telling, ive turned off my heel / face divide but i cant seem to get story telling to go away so it isnt needed.

I'm having some issues with turning off story telling, ive turned off my heel / face divide but i cant seem to get story telling to go away so it isnt needed.

The storylines have to deal with your product settings. I'm not sure what it ties into exactly, but that's how you would get it so you don't have to use them.

Wont Weekly Shows + Bigger Roster at my size not just drain all my money?

If you don't earn a profit on your shows, then yes, it will drain your money.

At your size can you sign some young talent to written deals, which should be around $1700 a month? That way if you run a weekly show it's basically a $425 per appearance breakdown.

Finances are probably tricky at your size...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43572" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The easiest way to find new workers is at the start of every month go to the "news" in the pwi screen, then either look for news with "X has entered wrestling" or go to filter, story type and new workers</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is there a way to filter it better to find the best talents? as scrolling and clicking constantly seems a little extreme.</p>

<p>I don't run smaller companies much, but at almost any size of company, a show which gives you growth is a success. And when you are quite small in size, that doesn't have to be a strong grade. </p><p> </p><p>

And to take away the requirement from storylines, you need to adjust your product. Drop Traditional or Mainstream a level, then hit the Analysis button. It will tell you what that exact product combination requires.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bhalbur" data-cite="bhalbur" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43572" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you don't earn a profit on your shows, then yes, it will drain your money. <p> </p><p> At your size can you sign some young talent to written deals, which should be around $1700 a month? That way if you run a weekly show it's basically a $425 per appearance breakdown. </p><p> </p><p> Finances are probably tricky at your size...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't sign written deald until Cult. He's at Small size.</p>

Archived