How to decide when and who to pull the trigger on?

So might be an obvious one. But how do you guys make you decision on who to push and when? I've built my tag belts up to high prestige to the point it will be the main event title fairly soon. I've got a whole bunch of teams I like but can't decide who to push. Do I go for the veterans as chsmls, the up and comers to really push them or just some steady hands who'll do the business.

So how do you all you choose who to push and when?

<p>Typically its a gut thing. I usually go for the young up and comers over older veterans myself. I prefer whoever is putting on the best matches. If its the veterans I will go with them, if its the mechanics I will go with them. A lot of times it takes quite awhile to build up the young and comers. </p><p> </p><p>

I usually like to have 6 full time tag teams. 3 heel, 3 face. I have a face and a heel enhancement/opener level team and then 4 main teams fighting it out for the titles.</p>

<p>Potentially long post incoming:</p><p> </p><p>

I think the real skill is knowing whose there for what. Not everyone will be a main event champion but that's okay, right? I like to give everyone a year worth of feuds, could be shorter if injuries or backstage or drugs come into play. After that year I see how it is, did I get any future ideas while booking? Did they grow into great workers? Did they bulk up and get a huge boost to SQ? Anything. </p><p> </p><p>

If none of that happens, I just decide...for example: Barry Kingman wasn't ever going to main event Total Mayhem but I paired him up with his dad added "Crippler" to his name and now he holds my All Action title and is a great midcard act. I was about to release him before giving him this chance and well it really set him on fire. I might even give him a 1 month title feud just because. </p><p> </p><p>

On the other side of things.. I brought James Brandon in with vignettes, hype, the whole nine... and hes now with little momentum still beating jobbers and losing to people with actual storylines. It's depressing as I wanted more from him but he just isn't doing it. He also capped his psychology and basics at 80/70 respectively, which to me if you aren't 85 minimum in both you aren't winning any main event titles, unless it's a one off or I really have a good thing going with them.</p><p> </p><p>

Another good tip is find a date.. July 4th. Every July 4th purge your roster of deadweight. You revitalize the lesser promotions and make the game world more interesting as when I do release James Brandon after Total Mayhem he will probably become a world champion somewhere else.</p><p> </p><p>

Either way, just kind of hire people for specifics reasons... hire a bunch of potential main eventers, hire a bunch of midcard for life guys that you find fun and easy to book, hire a few jobbers for life. Etc.</p><p> </p><p>

Keep it just like that. If the main eventers don't perform as expected drop them to midcard for life, so on and so forth.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Hope this sort of helped, I love talking about this game tbh and I always cut my posts short because I feel bad hah!</p>

<p>It's all about the stories for me. Ratings aren't so much a factor for me so long as they're decent. I have a lot more fun when I'm booking for story purposes as opposed to ratings. I generally look at titles and their respective holders as who that division is going to be built around.</p><p> </p><p>

So my world title scene for example in my YouTube diary has Eric Eisen as champ. The way I book him is he's a heel who basically has everything handed to him and he's not deserving of his spot so he doesn't stick to traditional methods to win matches and retain his title. As a result, the potential opponents are endless because nobody likes that guy.</p><p> </p><p>

We have Angry Gilmore who's the anti company guy and feels he deserves his shots based on his performances, we have Remo as a heel who is a bad ass and wants to beat down anybody in his path, we have Rogue who is similar to Eisen but feels he's better because he does things the "smart" way, we have Vengeance who is kind of a tweeter in that he just wants things done the right way. So all these guys are gunning for Eisen originally because of different reasons, but now because he's screwed them all.</p><p> </p><p>

Basically, what characters match well with one another. I'm looking for the Stone Cold - CM Punk relationship between my workers over the which two guys or teams can give me the best rating.</p>

<p>The wonderful "it depends" answer!</p><p> </p><p>

I fall pretty much in line with Jaysin and mitsukaikira. Generally, I have a pretty good feel for my roster and my pretty solid plans. And that makes it relatively easy to pick. Like Jaysin says, for me it usually comes down to the stories I can / want to tell, and also how to best make use of the talent? </p><p> </p><p>

Am I looking to give a veteran team something to do? Am I looking to build one of those younger teams up? Who benefits most? I could put the belts right onto the younger team. Or I could put them on the veterans, make the young guys chase it, and then potentially create a subsequent story with the vets turning on each other and feuding. </p><p> </p><p>

Having an idea of where I want to end up with different talent - general idea, not even necessarily specific goals - makes these kind of decisions much easier. They almost make themselves.</p>

I look at their portrait and if I like them I push them. If I like their portrait and they have high star quality, I'll treat them like Roman Reigns and just shove them down everyone's throats. I'm the "the look" kind of guy that everyone hates

I like the idea of picking a date and having a cull of the roster. Quite often I have guys high up the card but just. It emotionally invested in them. So would probably make things more of a challenge to get rid of them and help the wrestling world rather than trying to make it work when I'm not motivated to do so.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="noknuckles" data-cite="noknuckles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43741" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I look at their portrait and if I like them I push them. If I like their portrait and they have high star quality, I'll treat them like Roman Reigns and just shove them down everyone's throats. I'm the "the look" kind of guy that everyone hates</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Vince?!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="noknuckles" data-cite="noknuckles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43741" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I look at their portrait and if I like them I push them. If I like their portrait and they have high star quality, I'll treat them like Roman Reigns and just shove them down everyone's throats. I'm the "the look" kind of guy that everyone hates</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly, same lol</p><p> A good render can really influence how I feel about a worker and how well they do. Sometimes their bio and backstory will make me want to try them out but when it comes to the cverse, the render is the main focus of what I go off of to decide if I can build a connection to this character. Sometimes guys have great renders and characters but can't really be helped though (I'm looking at you Leper Messiah!) and that kind of throws a wrench in plans. </p><p> Though after playing for the past 10 years I've more or less just got a set group that I always plan to push from the start with a few changes each version to account for aging or new characters that weren't available before.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43741" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Vince?!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I remember my C-verse Europe 2010 game, my biggest stars were heavyweight monsters and Anna Ki (the smoking hot blonde) so I think I pretty much AM Vince, which kinda scares me. Though I had Anna shoved so far down people's throats that she was my top star beating these 280 lbs behemoths. If Vince had Trish beating Rock+Austin in handicap matches, then yeah I'd be exactly like Vince</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dave E Mac" data-cite="Dave E Mac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43741" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So might be an obvious one. But how do you guys make you decision on who to push and when? I've built my tag belts up to high prestige to the point it will be the main event title fairly soon. I've got a whole bunch of teams I like but can't decide who to push. Do I go for the veterans as chsmls, the up and comers to really push them or just some steady hands who'll do the business. <p> </p><p> So how do you all you choose who to push and when?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Accident. If one of those teams is really impressing, then I'll figure out something for them. If they have good qualities other than just good ring work, then I'll really shoot them up. I don't see giving out a belt as a "push," because pushing someone is just giving them time, victories, etc. that should get them over.</p>

Archived