New to TEW and the Cverse

I like to create my own company, since I an fairly new to the game I play on easy so I begin with a cult size company. My issue is basically getting started, Im not sure who I should sign and not sure how to use them. I created a company that values performance and popularity equality abd non hardcore. I get my titles set up, world champ National champ and tag champs for now. What some good workers to use as my main eventers starting out? I seem to get as far as booking the show and run into a wall. Im stuck wondering how to debut show should go and who should win what title. I have a bunch of storylines for down the road but for now I cannot seem to get over the starting hump. Any help to nudge me along?

This sort of question should really go in the small questions & faq thread as I think the board is getting a bit cluttered now.

Having said that... guys to hire could be; (Dependent upon budget)

- Bryan Holmes

- Bulldozer Brandon Smith

- Christian Price

- Findlay O'Farrahday

- Sayeed Ali

- Art Reed

- Marv Statler

- Roderick Remus

These guys should sign and are solid in-ring workers to fit in with your equal performance-popularity.

Basically look at companies in similar standing like MAW, CZCW, NYCW, PSW & CCCC and see who they've got on their roster and pick from them.

Maybe you don't have people win stuff on the first show. Have like a KOTR style tournament to crown your World Champ in 1 night or over several shows. If it's over several shows, don't choose a victor and see who the AI decide win the matches and becomes champ. Otherwise, go with your gut instinct and choose yourself.

It's all a learning curve and experience in the beginning. You'll make mistakes and stuff but means you'll do better the next go around, or you roll with the mistake and book around it.

Just enjoy it and see what unfurls.

<p>You probably shouldn't just start a new company without really playing the game first. Play as a big company for a week, then a small company for a week, and you'll be set. </p><p> </p><p>

I also have some other advice. This current data has a lot of issues, especially for new fans of the game. The data really hasn't evolved that much, and pretty much all of the top talent in the game, except a few, are old and need to be replaced with younger stars. I really recommend downloading the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533668" rel="external nofollow">Cverse 2010 mod </a>. The lore of the game is a little more present, all the stars are younger, and the skills are 1:1 with the TEW 2010 game so everyone is super overpowered so you'll probably have more fun.</p>

Cult companies are actually the toughest companies to start with (except Local size for obvious reasons), because you really start to bleed money by design. It's better to start out as a big and rich company with a full roster, look at the storylines, and try some things out.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Poputt" data-cite="Poputt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cult companies are actually the toughest companies to start with (except Local size for obvious reasons), because you really start to bleed money by design. It's better to start out as a big and rich company with a full roster, look at the storylines, and try some things out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To add on to this, you don't just lose money, but you lose pop because there aren't many popular enough wrestlers at the beginning of the game who are unemployed. It can be difficult to build up stars quickly while starting a game with a Cult-level company.</p>

<p>You can do fine with a cult level company with an easy start and you learn by doing.</p><p> </p><p>

Get people who can work angles (microphone menace or popularity)</p><p>

see how easy they can grow their popularity (some are better than others)</p><p>

Have them lose to your best workers.</p><p> </p><p>

At the start you can have 8 faces face 8 heels and keep a little box and write the result of the match in the 64 boxes that should let you know who the best workers are.</p>

<p>Regional is a pretty safe level for any beginner to start on. Depending on your product, sponsorship can give you crazy amount of money, plus ticket sales tend to balance out what you spend on the workers, so money really isn't an issue. There is plenty of talent available in North America (which is where I'm assuming you're playing), Mexico and Japan (And all the other regions have a solid amount of talent available). </p><p> </p><p>

Remembering you only need to get an overall show rating above your popularity in that region to grow, you don't even need to throw all your cash at the very best. A rotation of like 4/5 decent ME/UM workers can get you solid 60's every time.</p><p> </p><p>

Hardest thing about regional is the regional battles, but if you pick your region right, you don't get drawn into them until you're settled in. Try and stay away from the South West/Tri-State at first, as tempting as they seem, since they're both massive hot beds for wrestling and the regional battles are pretty constant. South East isn't too bad, but most regions should be fine.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the best workers? Well that depends on what you want for your company. Performance=Pop at regional level is pretty easy. Good workers will give you a nice match rating while boosting their popularity at the same time. A lot of really good guys get snapped up early by USPW so just be prepared to lose out on targets early. But pick out a few stars of the company, then fill the rest of the roster with cheaper, decent talent you can build up. You don't need a stacked roster of stars to succeed. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

But the best thing about TEW is you play your way. No matter what you do, you're going to learn about the game and as long as you enjoy it, then nothing else matters. The C-Verse is so deep and even now, like ten years into playing through it I can keep playing new ways and trying new things. You can do whatever you want with the characters and it's great. Have fun!</p>

Archived