Ron/Rob Fuller (91-94 mods)

So I was in the initial hiring phase of my WCW 92: Going All-in on "Rasslin" with Jerry Lawler on the book game and I noticed a mistake that I can't believe has gone unnoticed for so long.

It looks like Ron and Rob Fuller have been merged into one person! If you click on Robert Fuller it gives you his brother Ron's bio, but gives you Rob's alter ego's. Add to that Ron isn't in the database.

To be clear:

Ron Fuller = The Tennessee Stud

Rob Fuller = Col. Robert Parker

I know it's an easy mistake to make, especially if you aren't familiar with the Welch/Fuller family and the history of the TN/AL territory in the 70s and 80s. However, it's game breaking if you're doing a Southern themed game and trying to recreate The Stud Stable.

I fixed it by importing Ron from the 87 data, but I noticed that this mistake runs across the board in the early 90s "Storm" mods, 91-94 at the very least.

I hope it's okay I made a thread instead of posting in four other ones with the same information.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="OldSchool4life" data-cite="OldSchool4life" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44308" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My heart hurts that someone wouldn't know they're two different people.... how can someone be a wrestling fan and not watch Continental?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In fairness, the mod squad have collectively gotten over 3,000 others right.</p>

I don't know about justtxyank, but I did it on purpose with my mods - just like I merged the two Ultimate Warriors into one (the one who died in the early 90's and the one they brought back later as the "real" thing). I find it much less confusing. I'm considering removing a couple of the Guerrero's as well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44308" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know about justtxyank, but I did it on purpose with my mods - just like I merged the two Ultimate Warriors into one (the one who died in the early 90's and the one they brought back later as the "real" thing). I find it much less confusing. I'm considering removing a couple of the Guerrero's as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is my favorite post ever. To this day, my mom still believes the Warrior thing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44308" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is my favorite post ever. To this day, my mom still believes the Warrior thing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I remember asking him, as a joke, how many times he died on his website and which version of the Warrior was he. He never responded.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44308" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I remember asking him, as a joke, how many times he died on his website and which version of the Warrior was he. He never responded.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm still disappointed he never responded to my question on that action figure auction where I asked him if he was aware "entreprenurialship" isn't a real word.</p>

So I was in the initial hiring phase of my WCW 92: Going All-in on "Rasslin" with Jerry Lawler on the book game and I noticed a mistake that I can't believe has gone unnoticed for so long.

It looks like Ron and Rob Fuller have been merged into one person! If you click on Robert Fuller it gives you his brother Ron's bio, but gives you Rob's alter ego's. Add to that Ron isn't in the database.

To be clear:

Ron Fuller = The Tennessee Stud

Rob Fuller = Col. Robert Parker

I know it's an easy mistake to make, especially if you aren't familiar with the Welch/Fuller family and the history of the TN/AL territory in the 70s and 80s. However, it's game breaking if you're doing a Southern themed game and trying to recreate The Stud Stable.

I fixed it by importing Ron from the 87 data, but I noticed that this mistake runs across the board in the early 90s "Storm" mods, 91-94 at the very least.

I hope it's okay I made a thread instead of posting in four other ones with the same information.

I'm very familiar with the Fullers and a big fan of Robert's work. I don't have data in front of me, but when you say they were merged into one, can you elaborate? Ron Fuller isn't in the data because he didn't appear on tv to my knowledge anytime in the 90s. I know he did contract work for WCW on the production side but that's it.

What was combined about the two? Robert Fuller did become "The Tennessee Stud" and used it as a nickname after Ron. I think he beat Ron Fuller for the rights to the name. My memory of his bio is that it was pretty limited and only mentioned his feud with Bob Armstrong.

What specifically is wrong in there?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Justin" data-cite="Justin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44308" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I was in the initial hiring phase of my<em> WCW 92: Going All-in on "Rasslin" with Jerry Lawler on the book </em>game and I noticed a mistake that I can't believe has gone unnoticed for so long.<p> </p><p> It looks like Ron and Rob Fuller have been merged into one person! If you click on Robert Fuller it gives you his brother Ron's bio, but gives you Rob's alter ego's. Add to that Ron isn't in the database.</p><p> </p><p> To be clear: </p><p> </p><p> Ron Fuller = The Tennessee Stud</p><p> Rob Fuller = Col. Robert Parker</p><p> </p><p> I know it's an easy mistake to make, especially if you aren't familiar with the Welch/Fuller family and the history of the TN/AL territory in the 70s and 80s. However, it's game breaking if you're doing a Southern themed game and trying to recreate The Stud Stable.</p><p> </p><p> I fixed it by importing Ron from the 87 data, but I noticed that this mistake runs across the board in the early 90s "Storm" mods, 91-94 at the very least.</p><p> </p><p> I hope it's okay I made a thread instead of posting in four other ones with the same information.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ron was busy with his hockey team during the early 90's. He wasn't involved with wrestling at all. His last match was supposedly February 27 1989. Robert won the right to be called the Tennessee Stud beating his brother. If you haven't already you should listen to the Studcast Ron Fuller tells some great stories.</p>

<p>I've lived in Alabama my entire life, you'd think I'd have seen this...</p><p> </p><p>

Just not quite old enough to have been there I guess. Though why I haven't found it on YouTube is a mystery even to me.</p><p> </p><p>

Gonna have to rectify that shortly.</p>

Archived