Questions about bidding wars

I am not sure if this should appear in Tech Support, Suggestions or here, so I'm going with the most neutral choice.

A thing just happened in my game which I am not sure is working as designed, and if so then what are the reasons for such a design. I [as SWF] and SOTBPW had a bidding war over "Angry" Tom Gilmore's contract.

They offered him 57.000 $ a month with a 20% bonus each event, which would give him about 70k a month if they used him every event.

I offered 52.000$ (damn Richard Eisen for not letting me bid higher when we are paying Jack Bruce 100.000$ and when we earn more than a million dollars monthly), but with a 50% bonus per TV SHOW [and I have 2 A-shows and 1 B-show], which even if we assume that Gilmore would appear on 4 shows a month would give him 150k a month, which is twice as much as he'd get down in Mexico. Also, I offered him not having to wrestle on B-shows, creative control, hiring veto, wage matching, icon status - SOTBPW never offered any of those things - as well as more money up front. Oh, and did I mention that his wife works for me?

So I really don't understand why the hell did he consider both these offers equally seriously and in the end chose the Lucha offer. I mean, does the algorithm that decides on those things even try to count the probable total amount of money? Because it seems extremely skewed towards the nominal wage. Is there a reason for it?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ufnal" data-cite="Ufnal" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44364" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am not sure if this should appear in Tech Support, Suggestions or here, so I'm going with the most neutral choice.<p> </p><p> A thing just happened in my game which I am not sure is working as designed, and if so then what are the reasons for such a design. I [as SWF] and SOTBPW had a bidding war over "Angry" Tom Gilmore's contract. </p><p> </p><p> They offered him 57.000 $ a month with a 20% bonus each event, which would give him about 70k a month if they used him every event. </p><p> </p><p> I offered 52.000$ (damn Richard Eisen for not letting me bid higher when we are paying Jack Bruce 100.000$ and when we earn more than a million dollars monthly), but with a 50% bonus per TV SHOW [and I have 2 A-shows and 1 B-show], which even if we assume that Gilmore would appear on 4 shows a month would give him 150k a month, which is twice as much as he'd get down in Mexico. Also, I offered him not having to wrestle on B-shows, creative control, hiring veto, wage matching, icon status - SOTBPW never offered any of those things - as well as more money up front. Oh, and did I mention that his wife works for me?</p><p> </p><p> So I really don't understand why the hell did he consider both these offers equally seriously and in the end chose the Lucha offer. I mean, does the algorithm that decides on those things even try to count the probable total amount of money? Because it seems extremely skewed towards the nominal wage. Is there a reason for it?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If your company is smaller it might play a part, or maybe he doesn't want to work with his wife, enough is enough at Home, lol.</p>

<p>The amount of years on the contracts matter.</p><p> </p><p>

If you offered say 150k per month 1.8 mill a year for 3 years that contract is worth 5.4 million. </p><p> </p><p>

But if they are offering 50k a month.. that's 600k a year but for 10 years then it's worth 6 million to him.</p>

<p>Also, I'd think prestige would factor into it as well. A more prestigious company is going to be more attractive. Look at WWF and WCW at the end of the Monday Night Wars. Even though WCW had more money, the young up and coming talent were going to the WWF because it was pulling away as the clear winner and there was more room for growth and development. The older guys who felt their spots were safe wound up in WCW collecting that sweet, sweet money.</p><p> </p><p>

So, if SOTBPW had more prestige and/ or momentum at the time, I'd think they'd have the edge regardless of how much money you were throwing at Gilmore.</p>

<p>It's not always about money. Sometimes it's about wanting to go somewhere new. His personality factors into that as well as the amount of time he's spent in the company. That's part of the random element (that isn't completely random) in the game.</p><p> </p><p>

Oh, also, upfront money will always be considered better than all the various clauses and bonuses. Also, being better suited to the worker seems to help as well. Playing as SHIMMER at Cult level, I've poached women from WWE's main roster (as well as NXT) seemingly by virtue of being a large, televised women's only promotion. So while WWE might offer Asuka $6000 a month flat (because she's never going to be featured at a level that justifies a higher price), I can offer her $8000-$10000 a month because I know she's going to be a headliner for me. I took Kimber Lee from NXT because they wouldn't offer her more than $2380 a month. I came in day one with a bid of $4500 (exclusively in-ring, no travel cover, $4500 signing bonus) and won flat out (yeah, reuniting the Kimber Bombs was worth it to me).</p><p> </p><p>

Oftentimes it's 'whichever base numbers are bigger, wins' but sometimes there's more to it than that.</p>

<p>The size was the same, the prestige and momentum for both companies were in the 88-93 range if I recall correctly, I offered him as many years as they did, I offered more benefits and a minimum of upper midcard (the competition didn't promise him anything about his push).</p><p> </p><p>

So thanks for the answers, but I am still baffled.</p>

Archived