• ALPHA-1: Vintage MMA
    • BCF: Classy fisticuffs
    • WEFF: Immunity to raiding
    • XCC: GAMMA's little brother
    • SIGMA: Yurop rules
    • KDMFC: Small-scale ALPHA-1
    • FLB: Bresil baby
    • [i create my own organisation]

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you don't like being poached I'm sure you can turn it off one way or another. There's lots of customization in the settings. But generally: yes, they will, unless you focus on the lower weight classes or the women, as GAMMA and ALPHA aren't interested in bantamweights or women unless they create a division themselves during the game.<p> </p><p> Like maiatteo says the benefit is mainly immersion. Looking at the announced features, a lot will be done for WMMA5 to increase that aspect (numerous examples in the dev journal), so the more time you spend getting to know the fighters and the gameworld in general, the more fun you will have.</p><p> </p><p> Welcome! It's truly an awesome forum in terms of general attitude and it's basically the only forum I frequent.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as I know if you have standard contracts there is no way to prevent them from poaching, although you can offer them more money and they will stay with you</p>

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="maiatteo" data-cite="maiatteo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As far as I know if you have standard contracts there is no way to prevent them from poaching, although you can offer them more money and they will stay with you</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But given everything is editable, I can start my company as National already, right? So I can offer exclusive contracts from the get-go.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But given everything is editable, I can start my company as National already, right? So I can offer exclusive contracts from the get-go.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes you can. I did it in WMMA 4.</p>

<p>You don't have to read the profiles I actually don't until they are in a fight and then right before reading through the fight ill read up on the fighter their recent fights, what the boys in vegas think is going to happen etc... Also because of the randomness/destiny stat your studs will likely differ from everyone elses so sometimes it's fun to be in the dark and let the real stars you get attached to emerge. </p><p> </p><p>

You can modify anything but it's good to know that if you don't choose Gamma or Alpha-1 you will struggle as a small company. Know that you can change all of the rules of any company too so if you want to run GAMMA but like old school MMA with few rules you can do that. My WMMA4 game I play gamma and I allow soccer kicks on downed opponents etc.. though it rarely happens in wmma4, i'm hoping that changes in wmma5 I like a more brutal mma company if I can make it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AQuebman" data-cite="AQuebman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> You can modify anything but it's good to know that if you don't choose Gamma or Alpha-1 you will struggle as a small company. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> May I ask how? Is this regardless if I edit myself to be filthy rich and be national level or not?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>May I ask how? Is this regardless if I edit myself to be filthy rich and be national level or not?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. If you make yourself a large, rich company, you'll have not problem getting the talent you want to sign. </p><p> </p><p> If you're a small company, Alpha and GAMMA will take all the the good guys from your roster at some point and by the time you work your way up to being able to compete with them, most of the star fighters will either be retired or in a decline.</p><p> </p><p> If you make yourself a super rich promotion with high popularity, you will have no issues signing guys with few exceptions. </p><p> </p><p> In 4, I did this and never had anyone stay with GAMMA or Alpha once their contract was up. They always jumped to my company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Night Robin" data-cite="Night Robin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No. If you make yourself a large, rich company, you'll have not problem getting the talent you want to sign. <p> </p><p> If you're a small company, Alpha and GAMMA will take all the the good guys from your roster at some point and by the time you work your way up to being able to compete with them, most of the star fighters will either be retired or in a decline.</p><p> </p><p> If you make yourself a super rich promotion with high popularity, you will have no issues signing guys with few exceptions. </p><p> </p><p> In 4, I did this and never had anyone stay with GAMMA or Alpha once their contract was up. They always jumped to my company.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the response. To clarify, making myself a rich promotion can be done by the CEO/Owner prestige at the start of the game, right? Or is it somewhere else?</p><p> </p><p> Also, will there be a forum thread for questions outside possibly of the FAQ upon release of the game?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the response. To clarify, making myself a rich promotion can be done by the CEO/Owner prestige at the start of the game, right? Or is it somewhere else?<p> </p><p> Also, will there be a forum thread for questions outside possibly of the FAQ upon release of the game?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Actually it is somewhere else: you go in the editor from the main menu, edit database, companies, open the one you want to edit and there should be on the left STARTING CASH, and on the bottom POPULARITY. (Am not at home so I can't check right now, but this should be it)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="maiatteo" data-cite="maiatteo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Actually it is somewhere else: you go in the editor from the main menu, edit database, companies, open the one you want to edit and there should be on the left STARTING CASH, and on the bottom POPULARITY. (Am not at home so I can't check right now, but this should be it)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Will take note of this. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the 22nd.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will take note of this. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the 22nd.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No problem, can't wait either!</p><p> P.S. please release it early in the morning for us poor Europeans, Adam:D</p>

If I may ask you guys again, where would be an ideal place to start my company? And what would be the strategy? I tried starting in Asia then just signing all the best possible free agent fighters but apparently, they weren't popular in Asia so I may have a problem in terms of marketing level which as Mid-Level National. Do I just sign fighters from the same region first? What would be the strategy moving forward?

It would probably be easiest to start in places where there are a lot of talent like Asia/Japan or USA. You can just sort all the free agents by their name value and that might give you an idea of where you want to start if you can grab someone with name value and skills. You will definitely have to build up your fighters as a new company since you won't have access to all the big draws. Get your prospects that you like into exciting fights that they can win to get them a lot of momentum and they'll gain popularity faster.

I took the XCVE mod and stripped it down to just the companies and the names. Planning to start a 1989 game with all regens where I run most companies just to have all the data, with the world championships and every show, etc. Might post it here as a dynasty.

Archived