• XCC: GAMMA's little brother
    • SIGMA: Yurop rules
    • KDMFC: Small-scale ALPHA-1
    • FLB: Bresil baby
    • [i create my own organisation]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll probably be running GAMMA as I always do since I grew to love MMA during the UFC dominant era. I also like being able to poach fighters and keep them and build up each weight class before expanding to ones that they initially don't have. I've got a few favorites and I can't wait to see how they develop/ play with them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always create my own. My favourite part is assembling a roster from scratch, and knowing that the company's entire history was within my control.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Excactly. I love looking over the past cards and realize that everything that makes this organization good or bad came because of me.</p><p> I "created" the champions of this company by signing them when they were prospects at best and guide them to the top and to stardom.</p><p> This way I really bond with every fighter instead of just having 100 random dudes just sit around of which I dont even have a clue who they are or that they are even there.</p>

I'll probably kick off with GAMMA to get a feel for the game initially and be able to use some of my favourites (Mike Watson). Then do my own kickboxing style org with 10 counts and the like, and with the new stuff for striking and the improved commentary it should be even more fun in the new game.

<p>Probably Restart the game I'm currently doing in 4, playing as GAMMA and ALPHA-1. With GAMMA taking North America and South America, ALPHA-1 taking Japan and Asia, and the two splitting Europe. Been pretty fun so far, granted I never got really far into it. </p><p> </p><p>

Might add SIGMA, thought about it a few times to have one for Europe/Africa as well but not sure yet.</p>

I've always been a fan of starting as XCC and slowly but surely overtaking GAMMA and ALPHA-1. It makes it feel as if any decision I make in an attempt to grow the company matters more, and it's rewarding when it pays off. I've never started my own company, but then again I am a casual lol

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The largest company that has no MMA regulation. I hate regulation. Drug testing wiping out victories friggin sucks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I ran all my XCC events in Texas (largest US market without regulation) in my last save to avoid that.</p>

<p>I will probably run as Gamma because my favorite part of the game are the fights themselves and imagining in my head all the hype and excitement that would surround the event. If the fight engine is truly balanced and as cool as it sounds I will be knee deep in WMMA5 for quite a while. The grappler dominant style of WMMA4 killed it for me after a while.</p><p> </p><p>

I hope the rankings work better as well I like using the rankings and setting up fights, watching youngsters move their way up and get their shot just to get mashed into bits by Foster or one of the other long standing GAMMA studs.</p><p> </p><p>

I do have one curiosity in wmma4 there were many fighters who had a history but their records didn't match the say 4 fights listed in their history. Is that being fixed in 5? It always threw me out of the game when a guys record didnt correlate with his actual fight history. I didn't care if he had 40 wins outside of an organization I can picture that but 35 unknown street fights that somehow are part of your record pulled me out of the experience.</p><p> </p><p>

All of that long windedness to say one again, Gamma for sure, I dont want to be poached.</p>

<p>5 or 6 watcher games of varying length to determine which promotions are going to get modified for survival before jumping into an ALPHA-1 or KDMFC game.</p><p> </p><p>

Probably the first month or so the games out, I'll be just playing watcher games as the bugs are polished out.</p>

Very new to this as I've only used the trial version and played as ALPHA (the #1 promotion). What are the key differences? Also, what happens if I start my own company? Do I have to sign all prospects? Is my own wealth editable so I can have almost unlimited money to spend? I assume starting your own company as a newbie isn't recommended for a noob like me, right?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very new to this as I've only used the trial version and played as ALPHA (the #1 promotion). What are the key differences? Also, what happens if I start my own company? Do I have to sign all prospects? Is my own wealth editable so I can have almost unlimited money to spend? I assume starting your own company as a newbie isn't recommended for a noob like me, right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Everything is editable.</p><p> </p><p> ALPHA1 uses the old "everything goes"-rulings and - if I'm not mistaken - different judging criteria and round times. The other companies basically use the UFC system.</p><p> </p><p> If you start another promotion you can decide how much money you want and who you sign. From the comments here I think many like this option as you have full control over your history and weight classes.</p><p> </p><p> If anything, a "noob" to the C-verse is better off starting small with his own company on "easy" (so you get much money). When starting as any promotion you should at least read through all the profiles of your fighters, which takes a long time in the big leagues.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Everything is editable.<p> </p><p> ALPHA1 uses the old "everything goes"-rulings and - if I'm not mistaken - different judging criteria and round times. The other companies basically use the UFC system.</p><p> </p><p> If you start another promotion you can decide how much money you want and who you sign. From the comments here I think many like this option as you have full control over your history and weight classes.</p><p> </p><p> If anything, a "noob" to the C-verse is better off starting small with his own company on "easy" (so you get much money). When starting as any promotion you should at least read through all the profiles of your fighters, which takes a long time in the big leagues.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks a lot for the detailed response. I’m 100% buying this game upon release as I was hooked by just playing the WMMA4 trial. </p><p> </p><p> Upon reading comments on this thread, will a lot of my fighters be poached by larger organizations if ever? Will my fighter’s staying be solely based on contract negotiations which is essentially mostly monetary?</p><p> </p><p> What is the benefit of reading the profiles of my fighters aside from being “emotionally attached to them” and knowing their strengths and weaknesses?</p><p> </p><p> Also, excuse the ignorance but what’s a C-verse? </p><p> </p><p> Looking forward to be a part of this community.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks a lot for the detailed response. I’m 100% buying this game upon release as I was hooked by just playing the WMMA4 trial. <p> </p><p> Upon reading comments on this thread, will a lot of my fighters be poached by larger organizations if ever? Will my fighter’s staying be solely based on contract negotiations which is essentially mostly monetary?</p><p> </p><p> What is the benefit of reading the profiles of my fighters aside from being “emotionally attached to them” and knowing their strengths and weaknesses?</p><p> </p><p> Also, excuse the ignorance but what’s a C-verse? </p><p> </p><p> Looking forward to be a part of this community.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As he already told you everything can be edited: once you get over Regional popularity and reach National, you can start offering Exclusive contracts, which means they can't poach your stars if not near their contract end date (or if they have only 1 fight left). If you don't want that regional company struggle where ALPHA and GAMMA can decide at anytime to bring one of your fighters on board (without you overpaying them), you can edit your company's popularity to national and start signing guys from SIGMA and FLB (regional level companies) with Exclusive contracts.</p><p> As for the profiles, they are mostly for immersion but in a way they can help to book entertaining fights, for example if you see 2 fighters that are described as good, explosive strikers they could be good opponents for a good/fantastic match rating.</p><p> The C-Verse is just the name given to the fictional universe in which the default database is set.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, excuse the ignorance but what’s a C-verse?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Welcome to the forums. </p><p> </p><p> C-verse is short for CornellVerse, which is the fictional universe used in the Total Extreme Wrestling games, named after Tommy Cornell who is a lead character in it. The TEW and WMMA games used to share a universe but don't anymore, so it's not actually correct (and indeed, I discourage it as it's confusing) to use that term in relation to WMMA, but some posters out of habit still do.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks a lot for the detailed response. I’m 100% buying this game upon release as I was hooked by just playing the WMMA4 trial. <p> </p><p> Upon reading comments on this thread, will a lot of my fighters be poached by larger organizations if ever? Will my fighter’s staying be solely based on contract negotiations which is essentially mostly monetary?</p><p> </p><p> What is the benefit of reading the profiles of my fighters aside from being “emotionally attached to them” and knowing their strengths and weaknesses?</p><p> </p><p> Looking forward to be a part of this community.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you don't like being poached I'm sure you can turn it off one way or another. There's lots of customization in the settings. But generally: yes, they will, unless you focus on the lower weight classes or the women, as GAMMA and ALPHA aren't interested in bantamweights or women unless they create a division themselves during the game.</p><p> </p><p> Like maiatteo says the benefit is mainly immersion. Looking at the announced features, a lot will be done for WMMA5 to increase that aspect (numerous examples in the dev journal), so the more time you spend getting to know the fighters and the gameworld in general, the more fun you will have.</p><p> </p><p> Welcome! It's truly an awesome forum in terms of general attitude and it's basically the only forum I frequent.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44483" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Welcome! It's truly an awesome forum in terms of general attitude and it's basically the only forum I frequent.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Based on all the replies for a newbie like me(even one from Adam), I could tell this community IS awesome. Looking forward to the getting the game! Thanks!</p>

Archived