WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<p>If a gym doesn't have a certain skill covered (Boxing for example), does that mean fighters that train there will not improve in Boxing?</p><p> </p><p>

Also bumping my previous question. There is no negative effect of putting the inferior draw between two fights at main event right? Commercial rating reads the best draw between the main event and co-main so the spots are interchangeable. For example, I can put a title fight like Woodley vs. Wonderboy at the main event and put the superior draw of for example Conor vs. Nate 3 at the co-main and there will be no implications whatsoever right? I know for commercial rating, there won't be any issues but are there other factors that consider only the main event?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I ask once again. Why can't you put a bye in a one night tournament if a fighter is injured and it's to late to come up with a replacement? Why is cancelling the entire tournament the only option available?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only one who can answer that is Adam as it’s obviously either a design decision or something that was overlooked. I would post this as a suggestion in the suggestions forum.</p><p> </p><p> I feel your frustration as i’ve Been hit by the same thing and thus I rarely use one night tournaments anymore because of this.</p>

I ask once again. Why can't you put a bye in a one night tournament if a fighter is injured and it's to late to come up with a replacement? Why is cancelling the entire tournament the only option available?

Byes aren't viable.

If you're using one night tournaments, it's sensible to book a back-up match on the undercard; if there's an injury you can then simply move one of the participants into the tournament.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sacamano123" data-cite="sacamano123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I add a weight class?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's answered a few posts ago.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FACT 25" data-cite="FACT 25" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Could somebody tell me to what ages do the various destiny stats options <em>(Much Younger - Younger - Average - Older - Much Older)</em> in the fighter editor correspond to?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They change the destiny of the fighter so that they will (for example) retire much earlier/later than they would have using the default setting. The best way to illustrate is with an example:</p><p> </p><p> Say, when you first begin a new game, Fighter X is generated from the default data, and they have a hidden value that makes them retire around the age of 37. This will adapt in game to whatever events take place, but the fighter will be set to retire at roughly that age. However, if you altered their destiny settings to earlier, they may now be set to retire at around age 35 instead, (still taking account of in-game circumstances). Or if you put 'much later' into their destiny setting, they may instead use the age of perhaps 42 as a average.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fezoman" data-cite="Fezoman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They change the destiny of the fighter so that they will (for example) retire much earlier/later than they would have using the default setting. The best way to illustrate is with an example:<p> </p><p> Say, when you first begin a new game, Fighter X is generated from the default data, and they have a hidden value that makes them retire around the age of 37. This will adapt in game to whatever events take place, but the fighter will be set to retire at roughly that age. However, if you altered their destiny settings to earlier, they may now be set to retire at around age 35 instead, (still taking account of in-game circumstances). Or if you put 'much later' into their destiny setting, they may instead use the age of perhaps 42 as a average.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks a lot for the explanation Fezoman.</p><p> </p><p> I thought they represented an absolute value but apparently they work as a modifier to whatever value the game generated for that particular fighter. If I understood correctly, two fighters with the same destiny stat - lets say Much Older Peak Age - can actually end up with totally different peak ages, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FACT 25" data-cite="FACT 25" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks a lot for the explanation Fezoman.<p> </p><p> I thought they represented an absolute value but apparently they work as a modifier to whatever value the game generated for that particular fighter. If I understood correctly, two fighters with the same destiny stat - lets say Much Older Peak Age - can actually end up with totally different peak ages, right?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe there are windows of time when they are likely to retire that are heavily influenced on how well or bad they are doing, in-game events, wear/tear on the body, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I ask once again. Why can't you put a bye in a one night tournament if a fighter is injured and it's to late to come up with a replacement? Why is cancelling the entire tournament the only option available?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I usually like to run super events (i.e. max fights) and I have never had an issue working around injuries. Although, running full events doesn't give as fast of popularity gains since you are running less events. I don't mind, but everyone's tastes are different. </p><p> </p><p> Another alternative, if you are going to run a one night tourney, you set an event far in the future and have a couple guys training for that event (opponent TBD). That way you always have a guy on standby that you can swap in. You can then just move them to another event or cancel the fight, if you end up not needing them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the guy name who is kimbo?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On the default database? If so it's Big Magic from GAMMA.</p>

I'm trying to build up a guy slow. I usally just throw them agaist guys without thinking twice. But with big magic I wanna do it slow. What's the correct way to build up a guy

Since Big Magic has no ground game put him against someone who can’t take him down and preferably has a weak chin. The best way to feed a guy is having him in fights where the opponent doesn’t have the skills to stop their best option. Usually you can tell if the fight is -1000 or more in betting odds (though of course those are never guarantees)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm trying to build up a guy slow. I usally just throw them agaist guys without thinking twice. But with big magic I wanna do it slow. What's the correct way to build up a guy</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Best way to build up Big Magic is to put him against older guys who have no wrestling and weak chins. It's really his only chance at winning because on the ground he is useless and his technique standing is rather weak, he just packs a big punch</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="red007" data-cite="red007" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is it normal the game stops responding sometimes for a few seconds when advancing?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, but it happens on my laptop sometimes. Probably due to your hardware in case you run a juicy mod.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm trying to build up a guy slow. I usally just throw them agaist guys without thinking twice. But with big magic I wanna do it slow. What's the correct way to build up a guy</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you want to do it slow, you might want to feed him to guys with low momentum so he doesn't go quickly up the ranks.</p>

Is there a relation between Potential and Destiny? Is Potential the one that's random for each fighter for every save?

Not really. AFAIK, Potential is the maximum skill level the fighter can reach, whereas Destiny is more like a window of opportunity, (ie when they will reach their peak and how long they will stay there before their skills begin to decay). They are both randomised at the start of a new game, unless the player alters them in the editor to a specific value.

I also have a query that I hope someone can answer:

When a fighter profile regenerates into another fighter with similar stats, is the era taken into account, (i.e. is it all relative)?

So, for example, would a dominant fighter from an early era have even greater skills when their regen appears in a later era to account for the fact that the MMA world has improved? Or would the fighter keep roughly identical stats to their previous incarnation, and thus be a less dominant force because of the tougher late game opponents?

I ask this again: why would a fighter jump to a rival company for LESS money then I'm offering him?

Is the rival company more popular? Does it have more credibility? If a fighter seeks fame and glory more than money, they might not be swayed so much by financial incentives over a chance to make a name for themselves in a bigger company.