WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it normal for me to have several prelims matches and just 4-5 main fights? I usually go for 18-20 events per year and most of my fights are of prelim quality. What situation would you put a "prelim" level fight in the main card?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I almost never use prelims because the popularity gain you get from the main card just makes it pointless to not run anything other than main show bouts (in my opinion, of course). Once you have a good main event, semi and occasionally a 3rd fight you can go crazy with the rest of the card and I never seen any negative effects. </p><p> </p><p> You don’t have time constraints like real life so my star prospects are always on PPV as opposed to prelims</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I almost never use prelims because the popularity gain you get from the main card just makes it pointless to not run anything other than main show bouts (in my opinion, of course). Once you have a good main event, semi and occasionally a 3rd fight you can go crazy with the rest of the card and I never seen any negative effects. <p> </p><p> You don’t have time constraints like real life so my star prospects are always on PPV as opposed to prelims</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Seriously? I've been doing it wrong all this time if this is the case. I rarely put a "prelims level" draw in my main card. Thanks for this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mattandbenny" data-cite="mattandbenny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to see a fighters maximum weight? I have made my heavyweight division 206 - 300 pounds, but one super heavyweight (Melvin Yeo) seems to be healthy but isn't showing up. I was wondering if he weighed over 300 pounds.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Hover over their weight class in their profile and it should bring up a pop up that tells you their min and max fighting weights, their preferred fighting weight and their walking weight.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scuz" data-cite="scuz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does the game still produce "brawlers"? Fighters with that as their base?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're talking about generated fighters I don't think so. I don't remember those being around in WMMA4 either.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The official win-loss record is the number given to them in the editor and the one you see on their profile. That is the <em>only</em> thing that matters. If it's more than 5, they're ineligible.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> so fe. fighters with 5-0 can appear on small local shows (5 is not more than 5)? because i had some fighters who where 5-0 and 5-1 and so they fought on small local shows and i dont know if its normal or a bug</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WECNeverDie" data-cite="WECNeverDie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How many fighters does a company need to have in a division to keep it going rather than abandoning it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bump.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sacamano123" data-cite="sacamano123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to edit the save to remove a fighter from hiatus</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Failing this, is there a way to edit a fighters personality such as to make going on a hiatus less likely?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kipplecWo" data-cite="kipplecWo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Out of curiosity and not at all because this just happened to me, what do y'all do when a number 1 contender fight ends in a draw?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> run the fight back.... if champ wins maybe move on depending on how good the fight is, if the contender wins the second fight let the champ have a rematch , if the champ wins the rematch , do the fight one more time .... the ultimate saga of fights .</p>

<p>Also, what does the game mean by each of the individual broadcasting skills?</p><p> </p><p>

I take it the Analysis stat is describing the the person that discusses the fight after it's over?</p><p> </p><p>

Why is it that ex fighters in the game that work in broadcasting only ever have "Analysis" skills?</p><p> </p><p>

It would be nice if they could also have play by play and anchoring skills.</p><p> </p><p>

Brian Stann,and Dan Hardy are good examples of ex fighters that have "play by play skills" and Kenny Florian is a good example of someone with "anchoring skills".</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scuz" data-cite="scuz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, what does the game mean by each of the individual broadcasting skills?<p> </p><p> I take it the Analysis stat is describing the the person that discusses the fight after it's over?</p><p> </p><p> Why is it that ex fighters in the game that work in broadcasting only ever have "Analysis" skills?</p><p> </p><p> It would be nice if they could also have play by play and anchoring skills.</p><p> </p><p> Brian Stann,and Dan Hardy are good examples of ex fighters that have "play by play skills" and Kenny Florian is a good example of someone with "anchoring skills".</p></div></blockquote><p> Play-by-play is basically done by the lead commentator. It refers to their ability to keep the show lively and entertaining while calling all the shots.</p><p> </p><p> Anchoring is more like a TV presenter co-ordinating all the segments and making sure everything gels together, particularly the timing of adverts and the like.</p><p> </p><p> Analysis is the ability to provide expert insight to the technical aspects of the fight. This is usually done by a 'colour' commentator who supports the lead commentator, and who usually only talks when there is a break in the action. (This would include pre- and post-fight analysis.)</p><p> </p><p> Most fighters would naturally fit in the role of colour commentator, whereas the play-by-play would probably require more of a host/entertainer. Although I guess in real life, ex-athletes tend to gradually assume the role of lead commentator over time.</p><p> </p><p> As to how this should best be implemented, I suspect its quite tricky to go beyond using a standard system. Personally, I would have used a whole different section of the database for non-fighter characters, (allowing for so much additional potential depth, I must stop myself from writing an essay on the topic), but it is what it is.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the point of filtering by Reputation and Ranking in the Add Fight screen?<p> </p><p> Isn't Ranking mostly based on Reputation? I've only seen the two filters be different one time, and it was for two cans. They were next to each other and they just flopped positions.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could have an older guy who's a big name, but his skill level has dropped or you could just have someone who's exciting, but doesn't necessarily win many fights, or his reputation grows faster than his ranking due to a lot of finishes. There's also rare cases where there's just a famous guy who picks up MMA. This applies to someone like Big Magic, who could easily hit National with a few wins, but he wouldn't be ranked.</p>