WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sizzlingpopcorn" data-cite="Sizzlingpopcorn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm reposting as my question is buried a couple pages back and unanswered.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm going to take a guess and say no since I don't see anything that lets me do that. You can try creating a database file and see if that offers the information you want.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lain" data-cite="lain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where do I go to find out who won the Olympic combat medals?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go inside News then search by News Type -> Other Sports.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jericho Rules" data-cite="Jericho Rules" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question for you all - When creating your own broadcaster, can you improve their reach like you could in TEW 2016? I don't see any place to do it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You cannot improve reach like in TEW 2016.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kipplecWo" data-cite="kipplecWo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to the advancing days feature to be interrupted when another company enters negotiations with one of my fighters? I have it set to stop for important emails, but it doesn't even consider the fighter leaving important enough to stop the advance for.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> View Mail --> Settings can let you set what mail is considered "Important" for a million different types of emails.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can somebody please explain to me how editing the era works? I'm looking at it and I'm confused on the settings</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Re-upping since it wasn't answersd</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Re-upping since it wasn't answersd</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Which functions are you unsure of? There's help settings for the majority of the options available.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You cannot improve reach like in TEW 2016.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is there a particular reason for this?</p>

<p>How "smart" is the game's fighter generation? What I mean is, if I start a strawweight division with no strawweights, will the game generate some in my area? Or do I <strong><em>have</em></strong> to use Populate Fighters?</p><p> </p><p>

In my current game, the only fighters generated are Featherweights in Asia and Japan (because I keep poaching KDM's fighters) so I'm wondering if the same 'game area needs X' mechanism would work with an entirely new division.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How "smart" is the game's fighter generation? What I mean is, if I start a strawweight division with no strawweights, will the game generate some in my area? Or do I <strong><em>have</em></strong> to use Populate Fighters?<p> </p><p> In my current game, the only fighters generated are Featherweights in Asia and Japan (because I keep poaching KDM's fighters) so I'm wondering if the same 'game area needs X' mechanism would work with an entirely new division.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes it will generate new fighters in your game area for the new division, however the amount is governed by the setting for the Era (check the era in the editor). In my experience it will take a couple of months to populate.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Doclaw" data-cite="Doclaw" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question. Is it possible when setting up fights is there a way to organize by "when the last fought" it's a feature I've wanted for years. I do love the way you can organize fighhters in mulitple ways now</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think this is in yet and it's been something I've wanted as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jericho Rules" data-cite="Jericho Rules" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a particular reason for this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Other than the fact that it hasn't been added in, none that I know of.</p>

Haven't played previous versions of WMMA and am only up to 2 years and a half in my save, how are the regens? Do they have the potential to be as good as the very best of the best at such a young age? I think of guys like Sukarno, Helio, Ivanov, Teneyev, Satinho, Manuel Silva, Atep as guys who are 30 years old or younger that are already among the elite most especially in terms of skills.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haven't played previous versions of WMMA and am only up to 2 years and a half in my save, how are the regens? Do they have the potential to be as good as the very best of the best at such a young age? I think of guys like Sukarno, Helio, Ivanov, Teneyev, Satinho, Manuel Silva, Atep as guys who are 30 years old or younger that are already among the elite most especially in terms of skills.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well that's mostly dependent on your era settings. There is a distribution of different skill levels among the regens and it's quite possible that one of the talents will develop into a star at a young age. That being said, it's probably more rare in the earlier years as the regens won't come out as well rounded as the cream of the crop right now. They'll need pedigree and potential.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well that's mostly dependent on your era settings. There is a distribution of different skill levels among the regens and it's quite possible that one of the talents will develop into a star at a young age. That being said, it's probably more rare in the earlier years as the regens won't come out as well rounded as the cream of the crop right now. They'll need pedigree and potential.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Using the default database. Around what year do you anticipate an improvement of regens? Loving the game so far and am already looking forward to the future. Reached 2.5 years already while maintaning a 250 fighter roster without using fast advance.</p>

Using the default database. Around what year do you anticipate an improvement of regens? Loving the game so far and am already looking forward to the future. Reached 2.5 years already while maintaning a 250 fighter roster without using fast advance.

You'll see some really good ones come up where you are right now but the frequency should increase starting in 2008, judging from the default database era settings.