WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<p>This may be a bigger question than the "Small Questions" thread, and only Adam is going to have the answer to this (probably), but...</p><p> </p><p>

How is database data stored at its core? It would be really interesting to grab a delimited text file, import it into Excel, and make modifications that way. I'd love if I could use some Excel tricks to make life easier.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HaHaHa" data-cite="HaHaHa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New question: Does leaving a fighters potential at 0 randomize it or does it really count as having very little potential?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was interested in this as well. I THINK it randomizes it, but I'm even not sure why I think that. I feel like everyone in the default database has it set to 0 though which might be why.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is it still possible to increase your range for your broadcaster without making another one?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It wasn't possible in WMMA 4 and doesn't look like it's possible either in WMMA 5.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HaHaHa" data-cite="HaHaHa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New question: Does leaving a fighters potential at 0 randomize it or does it really count as having very little potential?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It randomizes it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dogmeat" data-cite="Dogmeat" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know this was asked and answered like 50 times back in WMMA4, but i can't find it in a search and can't remember: For a match rating, is Decent better than Average or vice versa?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Decent is better :-)</p>

Is there a place to go to see all call outs without going to the match making screen? I'm running a busy schedule so it's rare to have more than a handful of fighters available which makes the assistant screen pretty useless.

You can click on challenges from the matchmaking screen and that shows you all the callouts that have been made and accepted or made and not accepted, regardless of whether the fighters are available.

This may be a bigger question than the "Small Questions" thread, and only Adam is going to have the answer to this (probably), but...

How is database data stored at its core? It would be really interesting to grab a delimited text file, import it into Excel, and make modifications that way. I'd love if I could use some Excel tricks to make life easier.

The only permitted way to edit a database is the editor that comes with the game.

Otherwise it can cause issues in the database and Adam won’t provide tech support for individuals who edit it in other ways.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dross" data-cite="Dross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Decent is better :-)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How about great main event vs. strong main event?</p><p> </p><p> Great > Strong > Decent > Potential?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about great main event vs. strong main event?<p> </p><p> Great > Strong > Decent > Potential?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes that looks about right.</p>

I really dislike the undeserved challenger aspect, I did Colby vs Tyron for the belt and lost 12% credibility despite being the fight that makes most sense. He's rank 6 in the RW mod and coming off a dominate win over the last guy to get a shot. You could argue that RDA is more deserving but considering Colby lost a split (was robbed by judges too) the penalty should be significantly lower

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jbutton169" data-cite="jbutton169" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really dislike the undeserved challenger aspect, I did Colby vs Tyron for the belt and lost 12% credibility despite being the fight that makes most sense. He's rank 6 in the RW mod and coming off a dominate win over the last guy to get a shot. You could argue that RDA is more deserving but considering Colby lost a split (was robbed by judges too) the penalty should be significantly lower</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The penalty is for offering a title shot to someone out of the top 5 which has already been addressed in the poll that was out a few days ago.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry if I'll ask this again but what causes a decrease in popularity? Losses do not necessarily contribute to a decrease, right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually its a loss but it depends on how unknown they are. From my experience with GAMMA so far, fighters can still gain popularity after a loss up to around mid regional, but after that they usually need wins. I think this also depends on how big your company is too so you could probably get up to high regional if your company was high national, but I have yet to test this as I'm still approaching high national.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Usually its a loss but it depends on how unknown they are. From my experience with GAMMA so far, fighters can still gain popularity after a loss up to around mid regional, but after that they usually need wins. I think this also depends on how big your company is too so you could probably get up to high regional if your company was high national, but I have yet to test this as I'm still approaching high national.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks as always. This is what I guessed as well.</p>