WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

While we're on the subject of teams, can a team's attributes change/evolve over time or are they static? I haven't played since 3 and I can't recall. The guide leads me to believe they probably don't but doesn't explicitly state so.

Actually, they can change under impulse of a modder if they programmed the change in with narratives. But not organically like Adam says.

There's narratives to change the membership slots and to increase or decrease an area.

Do we have a time for when the full game will release tomorrow?

To quote Adam from the WMMA 4 release:

Also, there's always some people who decide to camp out from well before midnight on the day before, so to help them out please note that there is absolutely zero chance of the game coming out early. I am about to go to bed, and once I wake up I still have to fix any bugs that come up overnight, compile the game, put together the installation files, and upload around 500MB of stuff. That then has to go to Arlie, who will organise the website, mirror links, etc. So at the very earliest the game will not be out until mid afternoon GMT, and it's more likely it will be in the evening. Hopefully this information will stop people wasting their time and getting unnecessarily frustrated.

Adam is GMT, or 8 hours ahead of PST, so as with all releases, unless something happens, it'll be sometime before noon in the US.

To quote Adam from the WMMA 4 release:

Adam is GMT, or 8 hours ahead of PST, so as with all releases, unless something happens, it'll be sometime before noon in the US.

I'm GMT. I've got an early finish, will be home for around 3PM GMT so i'm hoping it will be out when i get home... fingers crossed!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazdaman" data-cite="gazdaman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how do i select a pic pack to go with a mod</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Via the editor, in Database Information, or via Picture Folder in options for a live game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nephrinn" data-cite="Nephrinn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To quote Adam from the WMMA 4 release:<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Adam is GMT, or 8 hours ahead of PST, so as with all releases, unless something happens, it'll be sometime before noon in the US.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you, got off work for the release so I will be patiently waiting for it to drop sometime late tomorrow morning.</p>

Going to be working on a mid to late 80's Dawn of MMA for the default database and I was wondering if you could force AI companies to run only tournaments, been thinking of ways to supplement fights before the database blows up in the mid 90's and if I can force promotions to strictly run tournaments or a tournament every event with other fights to round them out would allow some fighters like Foster, Fezzik and the rest of the older guys a chance to pad out their record before the boom of 1993.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShibataHeadbutt" data-cite="ShibataHeadbutt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>been thinking about getting this and was just wondering can you do a Open Weight Class no restrictions on size</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Of course! You may have the commission stepping in if the weight difference is deemed too dangerous in regulated regions (or if a fighter doesn't like it).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I want to create a Featherweight division for GAMMA but the lowest class for a new belt is Lightweight. Do I have to hire Featherweight fighters before I can create the belt for their division?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, you can just create a Featherweight division from the Weights screen as normal. Lightweight is just the smallest division they begin with, the list on the left is your current divisions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theemrbeefy" data-cite="theemrbeefy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Going to be working on a mid to late 80's Dawn of MMA for the default database and I was wondering if you could force AI companies to run only tournaments, been thinking of ways to supplement fights before the database blows up in the mid 90's and if I can force promotions to strictly run tournaments or a tournament every event with other fights to round them out would allow some fighters like Foster, Fezzik and the rest of the older guys a chance to pad out their record before the boom of 1993.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This would be awesome, but as near as I can tell I don't think it's possible. It seems all you can do is get them to run the annual grand prix. Maybe a good suggestion for inclusion? I would definitely like that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>All original characters have a static bio. Only newly generated fighters will have organic bios.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> you da man,thank you !</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GUINNC" data-cite="GUINNC" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Doing a little editing to the default data and I noticed there isn't a WEFF 5 or WEFF 8? Anyone know why?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was the same in WMMA4. I assume the event just wasn't interesting enough and was main evented by retired fighters.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>8 man tournament brackets where I want the traditional 8-man seeding should go like this right?<p> </p><p> 1 vs. 8</p><p> 4 vs. 5</p><p> 3 vs. 6</p><p> 2 vs. 7</p><p> </p><p> That way if there are no upsets, I can save the #1 vs #2 fight for the finals.</p></div></blockquote><p> Yup. That's the general pattern that can be followed for any size tourneys.</p><p> 1 vs 32 ... ... ... 2 vs 31, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GUINNC" data-cite="GUINNC" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Doing a little editing to the default data and I noticed there isn't a WEFF 5 or WEFF 8? Anyone know why?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They were cancelled. It's meant to show that there were turbulent times in the early days (and if you remember that far back, WEFF did used to have lots of cancellations during the earlier games in the series).</p>

<p>I'm having a little bit of trouble, maybe somebody can help me out. I just purchased the retail version and updated from the beta.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm in late March in first year of gameplay, and I'm trying to book a show with Lamont Banner [XCC] in May. For some reason he isn't showing up, and he isn't recuperating on his profile. I even tried to push the show to October to see if he would show up, but still nothing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Chronic23" data-cite="Chronic23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm having a little bit of trouble, maybe somebody can help me out. I just purchased the retail version and updated from the beta.<p> </p><p> I'm in late March in first year of gameplay, and I'm trying to book a show with Lamont Banner [XCC] in May. For some reason he isn't showing up, and he isn't recuperating on his profile. I even tried to push the show to October to see if he would show up, but still nothing.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could just turn off smart booking from the options and then try and book him - you'll get a message from him about why he isn't available.</p><p> </p><p> Off the top of my head, he's probably awaiting drug test results.</p>