WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

What is the exact effect of "Marketing Level" when I create a show? If I lower it, will it lead to lower costs but lower attendance as well? How about if my show isn't really that good. Would lowering it be wise even if it will still suffer a decline in attendance?

Does it also affect the popularity gain of my fighters?

Hey Adam could you explain what the following quote means when trying to talk someone out of retirement?

"No thanks, the payoffs I could make aren't worth coming out of retirement for."

I know you didn't ask me.... but I think it means that he is a low level fighter in terms of pop and thus will not command a ton of money per fight....and to him/her its not worth the training and beatdown that is more likely to come their way.

What is the exact effect of "Marketing Level" when I create a show? If I lower it, will it lead to lower costs but lower attendance as well? How about if my show isn't really that good. Would lowering it be wise even if it will still suffer a decline in attendance?

Does it also affect the popularity gain of my fighters?

Please see the "?" button next to the selection, it explains how that feature works.

Hey Adam could you explain what the following quote means when trying to talk someone out of retirement?

"No thanks, the payoffs I could make aren't worth coming out of retirement for."

It means they money they're likely to make for a fighter of their level isn't worth unretiring for.

How important is it to have a good headliner for the prelims.... does it affect the performance of the card when it comes to ppv sales? I would hate to waste a fight that could possibly be on the main card.

If you read the handbook most of the card's performance is based on your main and co-main event with a small portion of it being affected by the rest of your main card. Your prelims essentially have no effect on the performance of the card and just lets you develop popularity for fighters who wouldn't be great draws.

I know you didn't ask me.... but I think it means that he is a low level fighter in terms of pop and thus will not command a ton of money per fight....and to him/her its not worth the training and beatdown that is more likely to come their way.

It means they money they're likely to make for a fighter of their level isn't worth unretiring for.

Thanks! Was trying to comprehend the language usage. I had to read it over and over until it clicked.

Yes, it all adds up but it's harder without the titles.

Well, I guess it's a little easier than in WMMA4 where the other companies champion automatically got the number two or high rank spot based on the size. So the top ranked fighters could all be in different companies.

I don't see excellent fights playing a role as it's so hard to get them :eek:

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MOS182" data-cite="MOS182" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know if:<p> </p><p> 1. It's possible now to prevent pictures from being reused</p><p> 2. It's possible to prevent newgens to have no picture</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> AlexB just answered your first question (yes), and the second follows from that: you can have the same picture used endlessly. For default fighters, mass edit regeneration "off".</p>

Regarding Fighter Popularity - I did a one night tournament with a created company and had some pretty low-quality fighters in it. Mark Lee lost the final. When I view his popularity after the event, I see there is a red arrow over the American flag, seemingly indicating that he <em>lost</em> popularity in the US after the event. However, each fight was of "great" quality and every fighter on the card is indicated as having gained popularity. At first I thought that perhaps the arrow indicated that he lost popularity after his last <em>fight</em> rather than after the event as a whole, but other fighters who only won one fight but lost their last fight of the night were indicated as having a popularity gain. I haven't gone through and looked at the original popularity figures, but thought I'd bring this up and see if there is something I may be missing.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Please see the "?" button next to the selection, it explains how that feature works.<p> </p><p> If my event is not that good, will lowering it even further lower my attendance figures? But since the marketing cost is fixed, will it be a good idea to do it anyway? Also, does it affect the popularity gain of my fighters?</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you read the handbook most of the card's performance is based on your main and co-main event with a small portion of it being affected by the rest of your main card. Your prelims essentially have no effect on the performance of the card and just lets you develop popularity for fighters who wouldn't be great draws.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree that using your non-draw fighters in the prelims is the best idea but to clarify, fighting on the prelims doesn't give as much of a popularity gain as fighting in the main card, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gunslinger" data-cite="Gunslinger" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Regarding Fighter Popularity - I did a one night tournament with a created company and had some pretty low-quality fighters in it. Mark Lee lost the final. When I view his popularity after the event, I see there is a red arrow over the American flag, seemingly indicating that he <em>lost</em> popularity in the US after the event. However, each fight was of "great" quality and every fighter on the card is indicated as having gained popularity. At first I thought that perhaps the arrow indicated that he lost popularity after his last <em>fight</em> rather than after the event as a whole, but other fighters who only won one fight but lost their last fight of the night were indicated as having a popularity gain. I haven't gone through and looked at the original popularity figures, but thought I'd bring this up and see if there is something I may be missing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If his reputation is high relative to your company then he can lose popularity in a loss, while if its low you can still make gains even in a loss. So he probably gained enough popularity to the point where a loss causes him to lose popularity, but an unknown fighter losing a fight could still gain low regional.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree that using your non-draw fighters in the prelims is the best idea but to clarify, fighting on the prelims doesn't give as much of a popularity gain as fighting in the main card, right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. I'm pretty sure I read this in the handbook.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MOS182" data-cite="MOS182" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When can we buy the full game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tuesday.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="joeyD" data-cite="joeyD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>dumb question but could someone walk me through how to the data base so the starting fighters keep a static bio and my newly generated fighters have an organic?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All original characters have a static bio. Only newly generated fighters will have organic bios.</p>