Modern Warriors 2009 (Community Mod)

Based off of one of my WMMA3 mods, Modern Warriors 2009 is a historical real world mod set at an interesting time in MMA. EliteXC, considered by some to be the best hope of providing competition for the UFC, has folded. Big name free agents abound.

In North America, Scott Coker is making big moves to take Strikeforce into the national spotlight. Meanwhile the UFC is looking to solidify it's position at the top of the mountain. On the other side of the world, Sengoku and DREAM battle in hopes of recapturing the magic of PRIDE that Japan was known for.

This mod is transferred almost directly from WMMA and as such is in need of a lot of work. I don't have time to take it on but this is a community mod project that anyone is welcome to take up.

The mod has over 1800 fighters and 22 active promotions. It also includes my most up to date picture pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ekxdnp01zkz26i/MW%202009.zip

<p>I added in some notable fighters that were not in the date like Daniel Cormier, Luke Rockhold, Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler, etc from a 2001 mod that I had from WMMA4. Let me know if the link doesn't work. </p><p>

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/a785044026rmdaw/2009.zip" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mediafire.com/file/a785044026rmdaw/2009.zip</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iwasfn47" data-cite="Iwasfn47" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44637" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks! This is awesome. <p> </p><p> I'm starting the daunting task of trying to do something that could be played at anytime from 1993 on. This will help tremendously with this era.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So how do you envision it? Have a separate database for each year? Kind of like Modern Warriors Chronicles? Start with 1993 and then incrementally add stuff year after year?</p><p> </p><p> This could enable a very cool playthrough and replayability Crusader Kings-style - you pick a year and start playing from there. C-verse could also benefit from such an approach. Too bad WMMA doesn't allow for that in one database - you could pick a year and it would just not take into account any records that are after that date.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway - seems like a great idea. Need any help with that? I'm a newbie moder but can try and devote some time to the tasks that don't need too much knowledge.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="raufbold" data-cite="raufbold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44637" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So how do you envision it? Have a separate database for each year? Kind of like Modern Warriors Chronicles? Start with 1993 and then incrementally add stuff year after year?<p> </p><p> This could enable a very cool playthrough and replayability Crusader Kings-style - you pick a year and start playing from there. C-verse could also benefit from such an approach. Too bad WMMA doesn't allow for that in one database - you could pick a year and it would just not take into account any records that are after that date.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway - seems like a great idea. Need any help with that? I'm a newbie moder but can try and devote some time to the tasks that don't need too much knowledge.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm playing with "agers" and stuff to get it all down. It'll certainly start as separate databases and require a lot of testing. Once I get a couple eras that I feel comfortable with I'll post them in hopes that people help me play through them and test what needs to be ironed out. </p><p> </p><p> Some things aren't going to be able to be perfect, and some guys will definitely end up with different career arch's then in real life history, but my basic hopes is that you it's basically a mod that you can jump into at any point of "present", "1998", or "1993". Still playing with the open weight stuff to see if it's going to be realistic enough to try and replicate the UFC 1-15 style tournaments that saw huge weight mismatches mainly due to Royce Gracie. </p><p> </p><p> I'm no where near as deep into mine as some other dedicated modders and I highly suggest you play their's, as I know I will be myself. My early thoughts are I'll have a working version for a current era mod within a couple weeks, and hopefully the entire thing within 3-6 months. How long will depend on variables like free time, how much I can incorporate from other people's work, and how long it takes to figure out the kinks in testing and add all the necessary narratives and agers to get it functioning as close to accurately as possible.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bamjunior177" data-cite="bamjunior177" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44637" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>big problem is that all the commentary teams don'T have skills in commentary just saying</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He mentioned that his older mods will need a lot or work and that if there is something you see, you should update it as he made his mods free to the community to use.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bamjunior177" data-cite="bamjunior177" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44637" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>big problem is that all the commentary teams don'T have skills in commentary just saying</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This hasn’t been touched since 2009 and isn’t being worked on in any way by me. It’s free for anyone to update though.</p>

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

Before I say anything else I'd like to thank Tag for all the hard work he put in over the years with all his mods. You are a legend.

For those of you who don't know I've spent the last several month's creating a alternate-2009 mod where Pride was still around.

I never mentioned it but I was also working on updating the real-world 2009 mod at the same time. I have added thousands of fighters, updated events, created Bellator, and so much more. Almost every fighter who fought in the UFC from 2009-present is now in the mod along with the big names from the smaller promotions.

The 2009 mod has always been one of my favorites to play and I hope you will all enjoy this update that I have made.

Database: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a785044026rmdaw/2009.zip/file

Hi everyone,

Before I say anything else I'd like to thank Tag for all the hard work he put in over the years with all his mods. You are a legend.

For those of you who don't know I've spent the last several month's creating a alternate-2009 mod where Pride was still around.

I never mentioned it but I was also working on updating the real-world 2009 mod at the same time. I have added thousands of fighters, updated events, created Bellator, and so much more. Almost every fighter who fought in the UFC from 2009-present is now in the mod along with the big names from the smaller promotions.

The 2009 mod has always been one of my favorites to play and I hope you will all enjoy this update that I have made.

Database: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a785044026rmdaw/2009.zip/file

Oh shii, this was an unexpected surprise. Long time lurker and rare poster on these forums, but you're the man mate, thanks for your work. Going to give this updated version of yours a spin, 2009 was one of my favourite eras of MMA lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I just downloaded this mod. I'm trying to hire a commentator, but it keeps saying no one is interested in doing broadcast work, or they can't do it in my game area. It also seems to have their broadcasting skills all at 0 for some reason?

I just downloaded this mod. I'm trying to hire a commentator, but it keeps saying no one is interested in doing broadcast work, or they can't do it in my game area. It also seems to have their broadcasting skills all at 0 for some reason?

That’s been in the mod for forever and I always forget to change it. The quick fix is to just go into the editor and give the commentator you want some commentary skills and set them as available to commentate. Sorry about that.

That’s been in the mod for forever and I always forget to change it. The quick fix is to just go into the editor and give the commentator you want some commentary skills and set them as available to commentate. Sorry about that.

Alright, thank you.