Alpha and Omega

Alpha and Omega

The full release of WMMA5 is upon us. Before every game I like to mod the database to go back to the beginning of MMA (or at least as early as I got into it which was UFC 1 in 1993). Seeing as there was some interest in a similar mod I decided to release my tinkering to the public. Any and all feedback (especially critical) is welcome and if there is interest I will try to improve this over time. Here is a list of changes:

All fighters, company and belt records are wiped.

All fighter bio's have been wiped and changed to organic (companies don't have organic bio's it seem so their information is unchanged.)

All fighters stats have been changed to better simulate the start of the MMA world.

All fighters ages have been changed to better simulate a world starting in 1993.

Only one company is currently active (a new company called KUMITE with and open weight class) with all others starting out as random.

Alpha and Omega +

In addition, there is a second database called Alpha and Omega + which has a few additional changes:

All free pictures are removed and used to make new fighters.

Each weight class 100+(Women's Atomweight-Featherweight) or 200+ (Men's Flyweight-Super Heavyweight) fighters in them.

Some fighters have been moved to different weight classes to make this possible.

Let me know what you think and if you see any changes you think would improve either or both of these.

Alpha and Omega Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1crATTGF-UlLB84SsWxsP6jeSbje1Gryg

Alpha and Omega + Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vXkw5h7oM5e-QqyrWwcMN5ZuoOwOHfFj

Updated 2/2/2018

All characters names changed. There was confusing thinking that the default names meant they were the same characters.

+ version new characters have been fixed to regen after they retire.

Updated 2/3/2018

Pictures and names fixed

<p>Very cool, I'm looking forward to checking this out. A few questions.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spartacus" data-cite="Spartacus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> All fighters stats have been changed to better simulate the start of the MMA world. </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Were these widespread changes made to the entirety of the database fighters? Or just specific changes to specific fighters?</p><p> </p><p> For example, Undertaker6666's fresh start 1993 mod he has one where he simply reduced all stats by 20 per cent, and it works out pretty well. But it seems you maybe took a more concerted approach?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> All fighters ages have been changed to better simulate a world starting in 1993. </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What do you mean by that exactly? Ages dropped?</p><p> </p><p> Did you change the debut ages of the fighters in the database, or will it still just be that they roll out and debut when they are scheduled to from the original database.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> In addition, there is a second database called Alpha and Omega + which has a few additional changes:</p><p> </p><p> All free pictures are removed and used to make new fighters. </p><p> Each weight class 100+(Women's Atomweight-Featherweight) or 200+ (Men's Flyweight-Super Heavyweight) fighters in them. </p><p> Some fighters have been moved to different weight classes to make this possible.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So the difference between this and the other one is simply that the + mod has more fighters in the database? And, is that 100 or more new fighters in EACH division Women's Atomweight to Featherweight, or 100+ total added between all those divisions? And 200+ added into all the men's divisions.</p><p> </p><p> Also, all these added characters have renders?</p>

<p>Ripwalk</p><p>

I don't know not know how to tag each individual part of your response (gotta step my game up).</p><p> </p><p>

Fighters stats- every single fighter has unique stats. I didn't lower any stats but instead completely redid all the stats to make these fighters actually fit the beginning of mma. I did this by making thousands of fighters (doing the populate fighter option). Every fighter would be someone you'd expect to be on ufc 1-10 basically. So mostly one dimensional fighters.</p><p> </p><p>

Ages- all fighters either have debuted or will debut during the first year and will be between the ages of 18-38.</p><p> </p><p>

+ option- the game comes with 800+ unused renders. This is to fill the game world out as it evolves. I took all those renders and added them to the game already. I made the female atomweight and strawweight female divisions and the men's flyweight. Every fighter has a render. And it's not 100 and 200 more in each division. That's total. So more then 1800 male fighters and 500 female fighters total.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spartacus" data-cite="Spartacus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Fighters stats- every single fighter has unique stats. I didn't lower any stats but instead completely redid all the stats to make these fighters actually fit the beginning of mma. I did this by making thousands of fighters (doing the populate fighter option). Every fighter would be someone you'd expect to be on ufc 1-10 basically. So mostly one dimensional fighters.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh I see. I has mistakenly thought that this was a remake/adjustment of the C Verse, but I guess it's a completely separate entity. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Ages- all fighters either have debuted or will debut during the first year and will be between the ages of 18-38.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh ok so I guess with no new fighters debuting after year 1 it would he advisable to have regeneration on?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> + option- the game comes with 800+ unused renders. This is to fill the game world out as it evolves. I took all those renders and added them to the game already. I made the female atomweight and strawweight female divisions and the men's flyweight. Every fighter has a render. And it's not 100 and 200 more in each division. That's total. So more then 1800 male fighters and 500 female fighters total.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Very cool. However if there are 800 unused photos that you added to the game, but 1800 total fighters, how does everyone have a render?</p>

OK, now I'm thoroughly confused.. When you were mentioning you created thousands of fighters I was assuming this wasn't based on the C-Verse, but now I see that it is, in fact, as there are a number of familiar/C Verse fighters there (all of them)...

So, is this in fact the original, C-Verse fighters, basically with their ages changed and their stats decreased so they are more one dimensional? Plus the addition of the other weight class fighters you added? I just want to be sure I know what I'm getting into.

Also, the + version of the mod didn't start with just Kumite ... in fact it started with 8 different companies open right away.

<p>The names are all the same. Stats and ages are changed. I am uploading one either tonight or tomorrow that will have all new names. Had to wait for thr full release to do that the easy way as you would have to Sim till they are retired and recreated. That that will be version 2.0.</p><p> </p><p>

I will fix the other promotion that are open. After I fixed the upload I seemed to have uploaded a database I was using to fix issues with the mod. Thank you for pointing that out.</p>

<p>Sounds great. My most fun games with WMMA 3 were ones with a kind of similar set of data I created myself that started with the very first ALPHA-1 MMA event.</p><p> </p><p>

I only just bought WMMA 5, so I'm gonna get a bit of gametime with the default database in first, but after that I'm definintely gonna give this a try.</p>

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Found it.

I hope Spartacus is fine with me re-uploading it - if not, please message me and I'll take it down.

Can't believe I missed this post, as I often check the mods for WMMA5 as well as TEW, but many thanks for finding it and uploading it. Kudos, this is such a great work. Glad to be able to play it again. Many thanks for the upload.

• 2 months later...
I love the idea, but I keep having problems with one of the characters - Joaao Belo. He keeps crashing my game with error 3021 despite me having all the necessary language packs, and I can't even delete him via editor due to this error. It sucks, as it really makes it hard to play this otherwise interesting-looking database.

I love the idea, but I keep having problems with one of the characters - Joaao Belo. He keeps crashing my game with error 3021 despite me having all the necessary language packs, and I can't even delete him via editor due to this error. It sucks, as it really makes it hard to play this otherwise interesting-looking database.

This is a real bummer. However, there is a quick and easy solution. Go into settings in-game and choose remote assistance. Type in languagecheck and you should be all set :).

• 2 weeks later...
This is a real bummer. However, there is a quick and easy solution. Go into settings in-game and choose remote assistance. Type in languagecheck and you should be all set :).

That didn't work, and I thought with all the language packs installed I shouldn't be having this problem. Turns out you need to change the language for non-unicode programs to English. Now I can play around with this beauty! I love "start-of-MMA" mods, and while I was gettting a kick out of Global-verse, I dislike how almost all the characters there debut in their teens. Here, it seems more balanced.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...