How often should you run shows?

As much as you want but if you do a fix monthly show if will eventually end up with mediocre main events that won't raise your popularity, so despite firing up more events you're progressing more slowly than a company that just hosts an event whenever there's a suitable main event. That can be twice a month in some cases or one event in three months. Whenever the fighters are ready.

This.

My first run through with WEFF, I tried to go monthly but crashed and burned due to 5 month medical suspensions and slow recuperators. I was putting on main events with people rated in the high teens in their division. :( I started running shows in Nevada and California just so I could get away with using mid tier fighters.

My second save, I went with four events in each of the first two years then moved up to six. It helped once I got to High level regional and could entice all the Featherweights in Japan and Asia (who KDM weren't going to sign and even a few from their roster) to move to Canada.

<p>For me it's really dependent on company size and how many weight classes I'm running. I use the following general rules for booking which has always worked well for me. Don't tend to have issues with non-suitable main events.</p><p> </p><p>

1)Have a championship fight as the main event for all events.</p><p>

2)Each championship should be defended (at least) twice a year</p><p>

3)With the above, I'll figure out how many cards I need to run a year and then run them evenly spaced out. If it's not perfectly divisible I'll round so that I run extra shows. </p><p>

4)Championship fights are run cyclically. If I have 5 weight classes and the championship was defended on the last show it will be the main event in 5 shows.</p><p>

5)If I'm running a company where I also run tv events, I don't tend to have a full fledged system. These are more used to build up skilled but less popular fighters or in the same respect to build up a newly introduced weight class.</p><p> </p><p>

If I had 3 weight classes, I would run a card every 2 months. 4 weight classes would be every 6 weeks. 5 or 6 I would run monthly, and with 7 or 8 I go every 3 weeks. If there are injuries I try to bump a title fight up so that I stick to a championship fight as the main event of every card. If it comes to it I will run a non- title fight main event over cancelling a card/disrupting my booking frequency.</p>

Archived