How often should you run shows?

Just wondering how often people run shows?

I think I will aim for monthly but being a small regional company will I run out of matchups to early?

Also do you get sponsorship every month even if you do not run a show?

Do the fighters perform better with a longer build up? Ie 6 weeks vs 4 weeks

As much as you want but if you do a fix monthly show if will eventually end up with mediocre main events that won't raise your popularity, so despite firing up more events you're progressing more slowly than a company that just hosts an event whenever there's a suitable main event. That can be twice a month in some cases or one event in three months. Whenever the fighters are ready.

As much as you want but if you do a fix monthly show if will eventually end up with mediocre main events that won't raise your popularity

I haven't done much testing on this to be sure, but I feel like the combination of how slowly company popularity goes up and how quickly fighter popularity goes up will allow for many suitable main events. Even fighters who rack up a few local show wins are seeing decent popularity gains.

It all depends on the size of the roster. For larger companies it may have been viable in the past to wait for your stars but for WMMA5 I disagree with waiting as you can have lesser shows, to get your fighters popularity rising... the more shows you run the more the popularity of your fighters will rise which will help in the long run. It just depends if you can take the short term hits in company popularity.

Mid level national with GAMMA I run 12 shows per year (last Sat of each month). 10 PPV and 2 TV. I have a deep enough roster for around 5 main card fights and 10 undercard fights per show. The SHW division isn't popular enough to headline anything at the moment but I am working on that. My 5 year plan is to eventually have 8 weight classes, 12 ppv and 12 tv shows per year.

<p>Personally I always do shows every 3 weeks with GAMMA. It does mean I can't always put on great main events, but I'm not one who always needs to see the popularity going up every event, as long as the general trend is upwards I'm happy.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So you get sponsorship per event or per month?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Per event.</p>

Is there any way to get AI companies to hold events more frequently? I find even for AI companies that have 120+ fighters in many weight classes, they are still only holding events every 3 months, and as a result many fighters (including champions) are only fighting once a year, sometimes twice.

ATM, I'm running a GAMMA Battle Lines on week 2 of every month (TV show) and a PPV on week 4 of every month. The Battle Lines is held in a "smaller market", I put marketing a level lower. Working hard to reach at least $24m so I can get my own broadcaster (on advertising and Big for all markets).

<p>Most fighters seem to need about 40-50 days for a full camp, with a fair few of them willing to take fights on less time. </p><p>

I've gotten into a pretty good rhythm of running monthly supershows at mid/high regional. I occasionally do two in a month if I've really got some main events together, and only occasionally take a month off to really refresh the match-ups.</p><p>

Just make good use of the availability and absences screens and you'll find putting main events together incredibly easy. It's also helpful to use the .vs TBA feature for fighters that would need a long camp but the opponent you have in mind for them isn't available quite yet.</p><p>

Finally, fighters seem to need less recuperation in this game and you'll find fighters that knock someone out in 30 seconds can often fight on a card two months later (prep time willing).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ripwalk" data-cite="ripwalk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to get AI companies to hold events more frequently?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can set their event frequency to 'Rapid Fire' in the editor.</p>

Mid level national with GAMMA I run 12 shows per year (last Sat of each month). 10 PPV and 2 TV. I have a deep enough roster for around 5 main card fights and 10 undercard fights per show. The SHW division isn't popular enough to headline anything at the moment but I am working on that. My 5 year plan is to eventually have 8 weight classes, 12 ppv and 12 tv shows per year.

This is what I'm planning with my own company as well. Right now I'm alternating between 1 event a month and 2 events a month. As someone here said, I'll trying to churn out as many mediocre-decent shows as possible to get my fighters' popularity up in my home region so in the long run, it'll be easier for me. I'm currently at November already and things are looking up in terms of the ratings.

Finished my first year with GAMMA. Did 17 shows, 10 major, 4 lesser and 3 throwaways. I grew my reputation by the same amount everytime with the big shows and I just booked for whatever kind of talent I had available at that time. I also moved fights around a lot as people came off for jury and the shows filled up. I also booked them up to 3 months ahead of time to leave lots of room for changes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shogged" data-cite="shogged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Finished my first year with GAMMA. Did 17 shows, 10 major, 4 lesser and 3 throwaways. I grew my reputation by the same amount everytime with the big shows and I just booked for whatever kind of talent I had available at that time. I also moved fights around a lot as people came off for jury and the shows filled up. I also booked them up to 3 months ahead of time to leave lots of room for changes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What's the difference between a lesser show and a throwaway show? When do you unlock this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the difference between a lesser show and a throwaway show? When do you unlock this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A lesser show is a show appropriate for a company one size smaller, but you gain less popularity than a major show for your company. A throwaway show is unlocked at mid size national and is a show appropriate for a company three sizes smaller, but you gain no popularity from this show.</p>

<p>I have created my own promotion with 7 weight classes (HW - BW) and am running 21 events per year. Basically i run 7 shows every 4 months (April, August & December). These 7 shows are all held in the same month, which i call a 'season'.</p><p> </p><p>

Each event contains a title fight plus an 8-man tournament to determine the next challenger for he title. For example a season looks like:</p><p> </p><p>

April, Week 1, Wednesday: Heavyweight title main event. 8-man heavyweight #1 contender tournament. Prelims lots of qualifier fights for the next tournament.</p><p>

April, Week 1, Saturday: Lightweight title main event. 8-man lightweight #1 contender tournament. Prelims lots of qualifier fights for the next tournament.</p><p>

April, Week 2, Wednesday:Middleweight title main event. 8-man middleweight #1 contender tournament. Prelims lots of qualifier fights for the next tournament. </p><p> </p><p>

Etc - you get the idea - same thing every wednesday & saturday untill all 7 weight classes have had their event. This 'season' would finish at the end of april and there will be a 3 month break before the new season starts in August. This usually gives everyone time to recover. If a champion is injured and unable to compete in the following season, then there will be no tournament in that division and just more qualifier fights for the season after. Same goes for if a tournament winner is injured.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the difference between a lesser show and a throwaway show? When do you unlock this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As the other poster mentioned, no company rep gain from the throwaway show, but still a chance to grow a fighters individual popularity. Plus a fight that would be a prelim fight on other cards could be a decent headliner for the throwaway shows which gives you more options. I named my throwaway shows “GAMMA: Future Stars” and filled them with unknowns</p>

<p>Just use your roster and how many times, on average, you want people to fight. Also, how many fights you put on. </p><p> </p><p>

So for example, say you have 200 fighters, who you want to fight 2.5x a year, and you do 15 fights per show. Thats (200/2 * 2.5 /15= about 17 shows. So about 1.5 shows a month. How many big ppvs and how many smaller tv shows you break that into will just be determined by how many stars you have.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shogged" data-cite="shogged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As the other poster mentioned, no company rep gain from the throwaway show, but still a chance to grow a fighters individual popularity. Plus a fight that would be a prelim fight on other cards could be a decent headliner for the throwaway shows which gives you more options. I named my throwaway shows “GAMMA: Future Stars” and filled them with unknowns</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Will there be penalties if I use all "Unknown" Popularity guys? Especially for the main event?</p>

<p>You should calculate it with how many fighters you have, and how many times you want them to fight per year. and then how many fights you want on each show</p><p> </p><p>

so it's [(# fighters)*(fights per year)/2]/(fights per show). and the result is the number of shows you hold each year</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will there be penalties if I use all "Unknown" Popularity guys? Especially for the main event?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes as you still need to meet the three size smaller rule for your main event unless of course you are hosting the event in an area in which you have almost no popularity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes as you still need to meet the three size smaller rule for your main event unless of course you are hosting the event in an area in which you have almost no popularity.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. I'm currently at Low-Level National and very very slowly making my way to Mid National though I honestly don't want to level up yet since my fighters aren't that popular. Of the 20+ shows I ran, only 1 was a major show and that was literally a year after I started.</p>

Archived