Arthur "All In" Lockhart

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">May 2006</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Large Canadian Show: Edmonton Alberta</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Diana England (8-4) Vs (WR #23) Honor O'Neill (6-3)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Round 1</strong> - Diana took this fight on short notice as Honor's original opponent pulled out of their scheduled fight due to injury. Robb advised against it but Diana wanted it. Diana came out throwing kicks. Honor was able to catch one of them and secure her leg. Honor was able to get a take down and secure side control off of it. Honor attempted to mount Diana and Diana rolled to stop from being mounted. Honor saw this and took Diana's back. Honor proceeded to pound Diana until the ref jumped in and stopped the fight. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>*Honor O'Neill beat Diana England via TKO (Strikes) at 2:06 of round 1.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Truly Diana only had herself to blame after this loss. She wasn't ready for this fight. Honor is a talented wrestler, and although We're working hard to improve on Diana's weaknesses, she does not do well against wrestlers.</p><p> </p><p>

Denise will fight on a large show out of Edmonton Alberta mid June. She will be facing Tammy Westerna (12-14). Tammy is a one dimensional fighter. She also is known to gas early on. She has fought for WEFF a few times throughout her career but has gone (0-5) while there. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ryan and Guy are fighting......eachother. </span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Robb pulled me aside one day after training and told me. "I want you to hear it first" He said. "Beeker and Guy have signed to fight eachother". Some expletives followed from me. "They need this. They need this to get rid of the hostility they have for eachother." Robb explained. "So why not let them fight in the gym or the parking lot" I asked. "How is this going to make our team look Robb?". "If they fight in the parking lot or the gym, it will make us look like amateurs" Robb explained. "We need to keep this professional Al". "What about training? I asked. "They will train as they do when they are here. We will be here for them....both. As a team" Robb explained. "Well what about when the fight comes? I asked. "We are going to have to be in their corners". "Yes and we will be" Robb said. "Look, this isn't the first time team mates have fought, and it won't be the last". "GAMMA approached guy with a fight, and instead of turning it down he agreed" Robb went on. "They asked Ryan and he was in". "This will help them get over whatever issues they have with eachother" Robb said.</p><p> </p><p>

I wasn't sold on the whole idea but what else could we do?. We've tried talking to them. Robb isn't the type to kick you out of the gym, not over this anyways. I trust Robb's judgement on this but I don't believe it'll work.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Beeker's Take on it: </span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

AL: Ughhhh what the hell man?</p><p> </p><p>

RB: Don't even Lockhart, I don't want your preaching.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: he's your team mate man</p><p> </p><p>

RB: I am that guy AL, every gym has one. The guy with the spunk, the guy with all the goods. This guy Guy comes in and suddenly he's mister Olympic star.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: You sounds so ridiculous man. If you took the time to talk to Guy you'd see hes not even like that.</p><p> </p><p>

RB: Oh i'll do my talking with my fists.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: And if he beats you then what?</p><p> </p><p>

RB: Then he does, but at least I'll know what he's about.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: What does that even mean?</p><p> </p><p>

RB: Listen man I don't dwell in the affairs of mortals.</p><p> </p><p>

and like that he walked away. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Guy's take on it:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

GM: Look, I know Ryan is your boy and all AL, but I got something to tell you.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: I already know.</p><p> </p><p>

GM:.......(Silently stares at the ground) </p><p> </p><p>

GM: Look man, I don't want to cause any rift between ya'll or the gym. This is something that needs to happen. I got coach Robb's blessing so we're gonna do it.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around it.</p><p> </p><p>

GM: I didn't want it to be like this AL. My word I didn't. You know how Ryan is though man. He's a jerk. He's a bully. All my life i've been knocked around by guys like Ryan. I need to make him respect me.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: (I stood there silently taking it all in. Everything Guy was saying was true)</p><p> </p><p>

GM: You ever see the Godfather movie?</p><p> </p><p>

AL: Of course</p><p> </p><p>

GM: It's not personal AL, It's business.</p><p> </p><p>

(This was a huge curveball lol. I hope I was able to make up for what WMMA 5 threw at me.)</p><p> </p><p>

The fight will take place at the end of July.</p>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a sense this was coming eventually, even if you didn't plan it. Its going to be awesome, they'll earn each others respect... hopefully there isn't a quick finish that makes the loser look bad though. Not sure who I pick to win but its should be fun.

<p>Hey guys yes lol I had no intention of them fighting but sometimes things like this happen. Beeker is the slight favorite to win -310 - +240.</p><p> </p><p>

I also forgot that Christian had a fight in May so without further adieu....here it is.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">May 2006</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Large American Show Out Of: Atlantic City New Jersey - Prelims</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Christian Mountfield (19-13) Vs Raymond Reardon (5-3)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 1</span></strong> - Christian came out trying to grapple with Reardon early on. Reardon made Christian pay with a few powerful combinations. After taking some damage early on, Christian was finally able to get a hold of Reardon and push him up against the cage. Christian didn't do a whole lot for the remainder of the round except throw the occasional knee or short punch. <strong>Reardon</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong> - Christian came out more aggressive in the second. He took a couple good shots on the way in but was able to grab a hold of Reardon early on. Christian was able to secure a takedown. Christian stayed close to the body of Reardon and hit him with a few short strikes. Christian tried to transition to guard but reardon prevented him. Christian postured up and started to let go of his hands a bit. He worked the head and body of Reardon for the remainder of the round and showed shades of a prime Mountfield. <strong>Mountfield</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 3</span></strong> - Reardon came out looking a little ragged. He tried and succeeded at keeping Christian back early on with jabs and front kicks. Mid round Christian shot in and tried to take him down but was unable to. He was able to remain in a clinch with Reardon where he landed some nice short uppercuts and knees to the body. Christian attempted another takedown and got it this time. He was able to get side control off of it. Christian tried to secure a kimura but was unable to. Christian kept busy by throwing strikes and I think it was enough to get him the win. <strong>Mountfield</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>* Christian Mountfield beat Raymond Reardon via SD in round 3. (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">June 2006</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

I have been booked my next fight. I will be fighting at GAMMA 89 at the end of August on the main card out of San Antonio Texas. I will be fighting Sam Hoynes (13-2 - 6-2 GAMMA). Sam is currently ranked 5th in GAMMA and 20th in the world. He fought for the title against Kapur back in August of last year and lost by TKO in the third. He also lost last March in his most recent fight against Chris Boyle in an upset. Hoynes is a big Texan which means he will also have home field advantage. He is most known for winning GAMMA's reality TV series Clash of The Titans 2 by Submission over our current HW champion Wilson Franklyn. He is a fairly good wrestler who is known for his ground and pound. He is also known for pulling off slick submissions. A win over Hoynes will have me in talks for a title shot.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Canadian Large Show Out Of: Calgary Alberta - Prelims</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Denise Phelan (6-4-1) Vs Tammy Westernra (12-14)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 1</span></strong> - Westernra came out firing trying to crack Denise. Westernra was able to land a few good shots on Denise. Robb told Denise to stay away the first round unless she was confident she could get in close and secure a take down. Westernra has a history of gassing so Robb wanted to use that to Denise's advantage. By the end of the round Westernra was slowing down but was still picking Denise apart. <strong>Westernra</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 2</span></strong> - Robb told Denise to be more aggressive in the second. Westernra was tired but was able to still throw and land on Denise. Denise just froze. She barely had any offense or tried for any take downs like Robb had advised her to. <strong>Westernra</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round 3</span></strong> - Westernra was now unable to hold her hands up to properly protect herself. Denise did nothing to capitalize on this however and was STILL getting popped by Westernra's occasional punches. I was extremely frustrated and so was Robb. He just kept looking at me and shaking his head in shock. Denise is so much better than this is all I kept thinking. Where was the fighting that kicked Diana's ass?. <strong>Westernra</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>*Tammy Westernra Beat Denise Phelan via UD in round 3. (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Post Fight</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

I had a conversation with Denise after the fight.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: What happened out there?</p><p> </p><p>

DP: I...I don't know</p><p> </p><p>

AL: were you nervous? worried about anything?</p><p> </p><p>

DP: No....I just didn't know what to do.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: (Silence)</p><p> </p><p>

DP: I heard what you and Robb were telling me and i went out there with every intention of doing it but....when I got out there I just....froze up. My mind went blank.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: Robb will know what to do.</p><p> </p><p>

DP: i'm sorry ok? I know I looked bad out there and let the team down.</p><p> </p><p>

AL: It happens Denise. I'm proud of you.</p><p> </p><p>

I talked to Robb and he wants to set Denise up with a sports psychologist. He reassured me that it is a real thing and it has been proven to a positive outcome.</p>

Archived