Lack of Unanimous/Split decision in Main Event?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wayne28" data-cite="Wayne28" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44904" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am using a real world mod (original fight engine from Adam) and out of 100 main events only 13 have ended in UD or SD. <p> </p><p> Just curious if anyone else has noticed this in their games?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've noticed that nearly 90% of my fights end by finish in 1st or 2nd round. And 90% of the fights are good-excellent.</p><p> </p><p> I don't enjoy boring fights, but I think there maybe should be something done about this for realism's sake.</p><p> </p><p> I have only been playing with birth level fighters so far though, so perhaps this is leading to these unrealistic results. Although it shouldn't really be the case.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44904" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I reckon that might have something to do with the fighter stats in the mod, rather than the engine tbh. I'm mainly using the default data, and I'm finding it to be well balanced.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Going by your games, what is the ratio for finishes vs decisions across the board (not only in main events). Also are the ratings pretty balanced including a fair share of poor matches?</p>

<p>Just taking my last event... Out of nine fights, 5 were rated 'Good', 1 Decent, 2 Average, 1 Awful. They ended by KO (1), Submission (1), TKO (2), Unanimous Decision (4), Split Decision (1).</p><p> </p><p>

This was using the default database, settings, rules, and fight engine. Seems pretty balanced to me; I haven't had a problem so far.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fezoman" data-cite="Fezoman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44904" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just taking my last event... Out of nine fights, 5 were rated 'Good', 1 Decent, 2 Average, 1 Awful. They ended by KO (1), Submission (1), TKO (2), Unanimous Decision (4), Split Decision (1).<p> </p><p> This was using the default database, settings, rules, and fight engine. Seems pretty balanced to me; I haven't had a problem so far.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44904" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Definitely balanced, on both counts. Have had some great and fantastic fights, and some very poor and awful fights. Probably have been some abysmals and excellents, but not for my promotions as far I can remember.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's good to know that the default data is working like it should. </p><p> </p><p> There is however probably an issue with using only birth level fighters in that their chins and their sub defence is usually pretty awful (my games have so far been with purely regenerated characters all at birth level), but you would think the game would take into account their opponents lack of offensive ability a little bit better which would lead to more decisions and therefore a more realistic outcome for the majority of the fights.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scuz" data-cite="scuz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44904" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There is however probably an issue with using only birth level fighters in that their chins and their sub defence is usually pretty awful (my games have so far been with purely regenerated characters all at birth level), but you would think the game would take into account their opponents lack of offensive ability a little bit better which would lead to more decisions and therefore a more realistic outcome for the majority of the fights.</div></blockquote><p> Hmm... I dunno. I mean the first few UFCs were pretty all over the place for finishers. If I remember rightly, there wasn't a 15 minute fight until UFC 4, and that match was about as long as all Gracie's previous matches combined. The longest match from the first UFC was just over 4 minutes, and nearly half of those matches ended in less than a minute.</p><p> </p><p> The point is, the fighters at the beginning of MMA were baaad. They didn't know how to defend against some of the more basic holds from BJJ and other disciplines. And if you set the fighters at 'birth' level, that might even be worse than the early days of the UFC, (which I think would be classed as pioneering).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fezoman" data-cite="Fezoman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44904" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmm... I dunno. I mean the first few UFCs were pretty all over the place for finishers. If I remember rightly, there wasn't a 15 minute fight until UFC 4, and that match was about as long as all Gracie's previous matches combined. The longest match from the first UFC was just over 4 minutes, and nearly half of those matches ended in less than a minute.<p> </p><p> The point is, the fighters at the beginning of MMA were baaad. They didn't know how to defend against some of the more basic holds from BJJ and other disciplines. And if you set the fighters at 'birth' level, that might even be worse than the early days of the UFC, (which I think would be classed as pioneering).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What you're saying does make sense, I'll need to experiment a little bit more with the game and try out all the different levels of regen fighters to see if the problem continues up the ladder. </p><p> </p><p> I mean when you think about women's MMA, I'm not sure what stage it would be classed at now, but even in the early days there seemed to be a lot of decisions. I guess they kinda skipped the pioneering stage with the training they were receiving from MMA gyms that had already evolved.</p>

<p>It's incredibly hard with this game to weed out the confirmation bias, but I've played 4 years in my GAMMA save and I've noticed a severe lack of decisions in this game.</p><p> </p><p>

I book 12 fights each show, and there's typically 1 or 2, sometimes 3, decisions every show, just going through my Event History. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm not aware of the percentages in real life, but it does seem really off.</p>

Archived