Cornellverse 2018

I was actually just thinking about this earlier. One main change I would foresee would be Rocky Golden finally making the leap to SWF. TCW just doesn’t have enough to keep holding onto their figure head and SWF needs to fill that gap left by the departures of some of their top stars. With Christian Faith being long gone at that point and Jack Bruce getting too old to maintain his high level of performance, SWF needs a new ultra Babyface figurehead and Golden fits that bill.

Thats just the main change I can see happening over the years

I was actually thinking about doing one too but didn't want to go into the rabbit hole of modding.

I wasn't thinking about it as a 2018 game, but like a reboot of 2017.

The Cornellverse now is a beefed up version of the Monday Night Wars. But think about the changes from 1997 to 2001. So much change going on-- so many new workers, massive stars were created in that time, workers ping ponging from promotion to promotion.

The changes from 2013 and 2016 are glacial. There are some major changes, but not enough.

Like, couldn't you imagine that in 2013 Spancer Spade was brought up to the main roster, and in a Kurt Angle-like push is now a top main eventer? WHY IS HE STILL IN DEVELOPMENT?! Or couldn't you imagine that Primus Allen was brought up and is like a Big Show type main event star? It's just the same guys on top over and over, to the point that it now doesn't make a whole lot of sense in my opinion. People are pushed, but it's pretty incremental.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44971" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Like, couldn't you imagine that in 2013 Spancer Spade was brought up to the main roster, and in a Kurt Angle-like push is now a top main eventer? WHY IS HE STILL IN DEVELOPMENT?! Or couldn't you imagine that Primus Allen was brought up and is like a Big Show type main event star? It's just the same guys on top over and over, to the point that it now doesn't make a whole lot of sense in my opinion. People are pushed, but it's pretty incremental.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe, just from observation over the years, that adam's goal in changing the db for each game is to keep it in a constant state of "potential." Sure guys move up and down and companies close, but he wants each new game to have a set of challenges and goals the player can accomplish.</p><p> </p><p> If players want the challenge of taking TCW to the top, then if he does it himself, he takes away that challenge. How fun would it be to take Spade from dev to the ME? He is leaving that for us to do.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scorpion" data-cite="scorpion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44971" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I believe, just from observation over the years, that adam's goal in changing the db for each game is to keep it in a constant state of "potential." Sure guys move up and down and companies close, but he wants each new game to have a set of challenges and goals the player can accomplish.<p> </p><p> If players want the challenge of taking TCW to the top, then if he does it himself, he takes away that challenge. How fun would it be to take Spade from dev to the ME? He is leaving that for us to do.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Surely Spade could go into the ME or upper midcard and new Spade's come along in developmental? And it's fun to take them up. And it's fun to see that Spade has progressed from game to game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44971" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Surely Spade could go into the ME or upper midcard and new Spade's come along in developmental? And it's fun to take them up. And it's fun to see that Spade has progressed from game to game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> sure. but how long did wolf hawkins sit at the cusp of being champ before the trigger was pulled? You have a one of a kind in spade, let the plaers make it happen</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, that's just my guess. I have zilch inside knowledge</p>

Archived