The Islands Go Wild [CVERSE]

December, 2015.

I sat behind my modest Koa Wood desk. My right hand cradled the Montblanc pen that was a gift from my wife's parents upon my forced retirement. It had been a long road to get to this moment: the moment I got to announce my newest venture. My own wrestling company. Hawaii's own wrestling company. I just signed the last of the paperwork to make the deal official and just finished the official press release.

From the desk of Kawika Iona,

It is with great pride that I official announce Pro Wrestling Wild, Hawaii's first full-time wrestling promotion in decades. As a native son of Lana'i, I've spent my entire adult life traveling the globe as a professional wrestler. Two years ago, I suffered a devastating concussion that ended my in ring career and forced me to contemplate what was next in my life. As I surveyed the landscape here in the Islands, I found a severe lack of consistent, quality wrestling. It is my humble intention to make Pro Wrestling Wild the hot spot for Hawaiian wrestling.

I've teamed up several local Hawaiian companies to help finance this venture. I've also teamed up with two of the brightest Hawaiian stars to come along in a decade in Ekuma and James Adams, formerly High Flyin' Hawaiian, who both chose to leave lucrative contracts from the Supreme Wrestling Federation to help on this venture.

I promise you that Pro Wrestling Wild will bring nothing but hard-hitting action to the Islands. Action that you can all be proud of.

I hope I can count on your support.

Thank you,

Kawika Iona

I sent that out to all of the local media outlets to get as much coverage as possible. My investors are counting on me. Ekuma and James are counting on me. My wife, my kids, all are counting on me. I can't let them down. It's time for the Islands to go Wild.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N52oWlc.jpg

Current Champions

3as7OVi.jpg

Pacific Heavyweight Champion

Clark Alexander

Previous Champions: None

rPOK6GU.jpg

Pacific Tag Team Champions

The Rock City Stars [Rockin' Ryan Turner and Stan Manna]

Previous Champions: 1. Samoan Demolition, Inc. 2. Vacated after Samoan Machine signed with BHOTWG

xLHa80O.jpg

Pacific Trios Champions

Samoan Mafia [King Malietoa, The Brisbane Devil, and Charger Siaki]

Previous Champions: None

------------------------

Show History

Jan - Welcome to the Islands

Feb - Pomaik'i

March - No Turning Back

April - Hawaii Rising

May - Reclaiming Pride

June - Prove Yourself

*July - Ha'a Koi I

* indicates upcoming show

-------------------------------

Prediction Leaderboard

TheHeel 29/31 [Has predicted on 5 out of 6 shows so far]

XMultiGames: 25/27 [Has predicted on 4 out of 6 shows so far]

HiPlus: 14/14 [Hs predicted on 2 out of 6 shows so far]

BigJay2003: 13/15 [Has predicted on 2 out of 6 shows so far]

Pro Wrestling Wild begins with the following roster:

Main Event

XFlYxu7.jpg

Kashmir Singh, our biggest signing. Without a doubt our top "name" for our debut roster. He had an eight year run in Puerto Rico before being released after a disagreement with Puerto Rican Power. Well, I'm not PRP, and how could I pass up an opportunity to use someone like him on a regular basis?

R47TajM.jpg

Clark Alexander, 40 years old and one of the biggest Hawaiian names out there. He had a six year run in TCW that brought him to most wrestling fan's attention. It wouldn't be a proper Hawaiian wrestling company if it didn't have Clark in it.

c74rqq5.jpg

Conner Threepwood, a multi-time NOTBW Tag Team Champion, a very talented wrestler and one who brings more name value to our promotion. While I want to use as many Islanders as I can, I recognize that to draw in audiences, I need to have names that they've seen on TV or watched on the internet.

Sh8qc6n.jpg

Brendan Idol, a very underrated performer who has been struggling to find full time work since he left RIPW, but I had the privileged of working against him several times on some Independent shows and I know what he can do so he was one of the first people I called.

yPsEw9F.jpg

Ekuma, one of the brightest Hawaiian prospects to ever come along. Twenty-nine years old, six-feet-six and three hundred forty pounds of solid man.He had an almost six year run with RIPW and became both Tag Team and Heavyweight Champion for SWF's feeder league. He walked away from their guaranteed money so that he could come back to the Islands and try to build Pro Wrestling Wild into the force we hope it can be.

d3LHpnt.jpg

James Adams, the former High Flying Hawaiian. Much like Ekuma, he had a comfortable gig with SWF that he walked away from to help me build wrestling in Hawaii into something that the whole world talks about.

Upper Mid-Card

jwksmW5.jpg

Molokai Milk, a native Hawaiian who has spent the bulk of his career in Australia. Since he's unemployed and local, why not bring him in and let be a building block of the company? I don't know if I seem him as a future champion, but he will be useful.

5Mob8i7.jpg

Riley McManus. Trained by Rip Chord, he had a good run in MAW and has been looking for something since leaving. We can be that something.

5GHvRPA.jpg2rWNrHw.jpg

Rockin' Ryan Turner and Stan Manna, collectively the Rock City Stars. They had good runs in MAW and RIPW but have been sitting unemployed for far too long for my liking. They bring quality tag team wrestling to the company. I see them as guys who will always be in the title picture.

Those men make up the top of the card, both main event and upper mid-carders. The rest of our initial roster is:

Samoan Destruction, Inc, Rhino Umaga and Samoan Machine -- the only guys on our roster who work anywhere else.

Lobo Blanco

Penfold Perdition

Quentin Queen

Ricochet Ramone

Roger Monteiro

Arthur Dexter Bradley

Cal Sanders

Charger Siaki

Chess Maniac

Logan Diaz [the former Logan Wolfsbaine]

El Mitico Jr.

The Brisbane Devil

King Malietoa.

We are starting with twenty-five wrestlers, which is more than we probably need by a few, but there were some guys I couldn't help but offering deals to -- and with them all being pay per appearance deals I figure I can gamble on having a few more people on the roster then I might need.

My biggest goal in constructing this roster was to build around Pacific talent, I wanted to bring in people who have roots in the community, so I went with Hawaiian and Samoans. I even had to call up Brisbane and Malietoa and convince them to take a gamble in working in the United States, some place they've never worked before. I have really big plans for them and Charger Siaki, who SWF released shortly after we opened in a cost cutting measure and fit our opening portfolio nicely.

That rounds up our roster, PWW fans. In our next post, we will announce the lineup and name for our very first show.

N52oWlc.jpg

Pro Wrestling Wild is pleased to announce that is was extended, and accepted, an offer to join the Confederation of the Territories. We are joined by FCW and CILL in helping branch out the COTT. This is a great opportunity for our budding company because it allows us to pull in talent from some of the top independent wrestling companies in North America -- as well as have access to the COTT Champions, currently Nicholas Lopez and the Ring Generals.

With this announcement, the PWW Staff is proud to announce our debut card.

Welcome to the Islands

January 31, 2016.

Main Event

Four Way Dance for the Pacific Heavyweight Championship

Clark Alexander vs. Kashmir Singh vs. Brendan Idol vs. Conner Threepwood

Semi-Main Event

Tag Team Match for the Pacific Tag Team Championship

Samoan Destruction, Inc vs. The Rock City Stars

Battle of the Islanders

Singles Match

Ekuma vs. Molokai Milk

Singles Match

James Adams vs. Lobo Blanco

PWW Pacific Trios Championship

Six Man Tag

Samoan Mafia [Charger Siaki, King Malietoa, and The Brisbane Devil] vs. Ricochet Ramone, Chess Maniac, and Arthur Dexter Bradley

Opening Contest

Singles Contest

El Mitico Jr. vs. Cal Sanders

PREDICTIONS

Main Event

Four Way Dance for the Pacific Heavyweight Championship

Clark Alexander vs. Kashmir Singh vs. Brendan Idol vs. Conner Threepwood

Prediction:

Semi-Main Event

Tag Team Match for the Pacific Tag Team Championship

Samoan Destruction, Inc vs. The Rock City Stars

Prediction:

Battle of the Islanders

Singles Match

Ekuma vs. Molokai Milk

Prediction:

Singles Match

James Adams vs. Lobo Blanco

Prediction:

PWW Pacific Trios Championship

Six Man Tag

Samoan Mafia [Charger Siaki, King Malietoa, and The Brisbane Devil] vs. Ricochet Ramone, Chess Maniac, and Arthur Dexter Bradley

Prediction:

Opening Contest

Singles Contest

El Mitico Jr. vs. Cal Sanders

Prediction:

OOC: Thank you to anyone who is reading. This is my first attempt at doing a diary thread (but I've been an avid reader of several and finally decided to try my own). I hope thus far it has seemed to be an interesting concept for a company -- I haven't seen any Hawaiian based diaries before and I thought it could be a good setting.

Welcome to the Islands

[i'm going ahead and posting, because I know from my own reading of diaries it can often take a few shows before people start participating, because they want to see that you're going to stick it out]

N52oWlc.jpg

Pro Wrestling Wild Presents: Welcome to the Islands

Live from Jerry's Basement in Maui

Report by: Patrick Castle, indywrestlingroundup.com

Background:

It’s finally time for PWW’s Debut show: Welcome to the Islands. It will be running out of Jerry’s Basement on Maui. Not the nicest venue in the world, but for a debut company without a proven fanbase or a proven model, the 300 seat capacity of the basement seems like a safe gamble.

Presale tickets for the show were good with all of the front two rows selling out and in total, about 175 of the 300 tickets being sold. PWW will still need heavy walkup to sell out.

Live Show Report

Patrick Castle here reporting for Indy Wrestling Round Up, happy to finally get to report on live wrestling from my native Hawaii. Jerry’s Basement in Maui is completely full. They advertise that they can fit 300 people in here, but I can tell you that it feels more like 310 in the venue, but that could just be the away it’s designed. They have pretty decent crew working the show here, but I can tell they don’t have the full crews that some of their competitors use and that could come back to ding them.

The music starts and it’s definitely In House Music. Not bad, but in today’s landscape, you’re going to get dinged for that.

QtKFzHV.jpg vs. fg8DR5G.jpg

First out through the curtain is El Mitico Jr., who I have poised to be a breakout star in professional wrestling. He just looks like a star. Great looking blue and white color scheme. He looks in great shape.

Cal Sanders is next out and the Canadian lumberjack gets a smattering of applause from some diehard tape traders – after all, he was in 4C for four years.

The two are clearly holding back a bit, trying to get the crowd warmed up and involved. It’s probably not the smartest way to start a show for a company that’s touted that it will have hard-hitting, fast-paced action, but I can understand the logic.

They exchanged holds and counter holds, with Sanders looking to work over Mitico’s back. The veteran Sanders looked good here, up until he went to live up the name “Leaping Lumberjack.” The missed flying clothesline opened him up to El Mitico Jr.’s textbook Northern Lights Suplex and that was all she wrote.

Winner: El Mitico Jr., E+. Match went 12:29 seconds.

xLHa80O.jpg

9F5dV3l.jpguk5DPhX.jpg6ccUaly.jpg vs. SpTPxDY.jpg6HXD3LJ.jpg22mCGQF.jpg

Next up is the Trios Title match. I’m not going to lie, this is the match I was most excited for, and really that’s because I’ve been wanting to see Samoan Demolition live in person. They’re teaming with King Malietoa’s brother Charger Siaki in this one. Their face paint and outfits are fantastic. All of them are playing up the savage gimmick – a gimmick you know will get them heat in the Islands.

Arthur Dexter Bradley, Ricochet Ramone, and Chess Maniac are clearly three guys who are happy to have the work and while none of teamed together before, they showed some good chemistry as the unit. All three of them worked on being faster than their heavy-hitting power opponents.

Chess Maniac went for a beautiful second rope spring board moonsault that King Malietoa caught and countered into a devastating powerslam that looked like it shook the entire ring.

ADB looked like he caught a stiff boot from The Brisbane Devil that might have legit broke his jaw, because he really struggled to breath and after that move he spent most of his time on the outside.

Ramone took the fall when Charger hit him with a Crash Test just after 14 minutes.

Winner: Samoan Mafia wins the Pacific Trios Titles in 14:17. D-

X4IOSAc.jpg vs. d3LHpnt.jpg

Lobo Blanco is definitely nothing special to look at, you could tell that from his entrance, but in the two years since he left SOTBW, he’s definitely stayed in shape.

James Adams, the former High Flyin’ Hawaiian just looks like a star. You can see it in his face, on his entrance. Thus far in the show he’s gotten the loudest reaction coming through the curtain.

Lobo is clearly out there to make Adams look like a star – and he did a damn good job of that. He sold everything Adams did like it was devastating and really worked hard to get him over.

It was over when Adams hit a beautiful Pacific Crush.

Winner: James Adams in 12:38, D-

yPsEw9F.jpg vs. jwksmW5.jpg

We got a cool graphic on the basement wall that said “Battle of the Islanders” which really got the crowd percolating. They know we are getting into the heart of the card now, with three big time matches to follow.

Molokai Milk came out with a big smile, the kind of goofy charisma that helped him get over in RAW when he was in Australia The crowd was definitely happen to see him.

Then HE came out, he of course being Ekuma. Easily the most impressive physical specimen on the card. Easily the man with IT written all over him, and easily the man PWW will have to build around if it is to build around a star.

Milk threw everything he had at Ekuma, but the big man shrugged it all off. It was as if nothing could phase him. Milk got caught by the Hawaiian Crush and that was it.

Winner: Ekuma in 9:25, D-

rPOK6GU.jpg

e0rFymJ.jpgfmehlZF.jpg vs. 5GHvRPA.jpg2rWNrHw.jpg

The Rock City Stars clearly missed being employed full time. They came out with a lot of energy and some really good looking gear. Turner has all the good looks and ladies were going crazy for the two rock stars.

Rhino Umaga and The Samoan Machine were scary in their entrance. Their intensity made an old lady in the front row literally fall out of her seat. These two teams beat the hell out of each other. It was clear they were trying to steal the show and perhaps even cause a cave in (get it, because we’re in the basement).

The Rock City Stars used some good tag team action, a lot of quick tags in and out and trying to isolate the intimidating Samoans, but each time they thought they were going to get ahead, they were the victim of some devastating strikes.

The Samoans took control after about ten minutes and never looked back. You can see why they have been one of the most physically dominant teams in champion. Rhino Umaga hit Stan Manna with a Rhino Charge and we have new tag team champions.

Winner: Samoan Destruction Inc win the Pacific Tag Team Championship in 17:17, D

We take a brief intermission before the main event, and I like that. It builds anticipation. So far the show has been good, but there has been a noticeable lack of women on the show. They’re going to have to change that going forward.

3as7OVi.jpg

Sh8qc6n.jpg vs. c74rqq5.jpg vs. XFlYxu7.jpg vs. R47TajM.jpg

Brendan Idol is the first out. He doesn’t have the young babyface good looks he once did, but he’s still small and a hell of a bumper which should serve this roster well.

Connor Threepwood was a very exciting hire and he comes out like a man who is focused on proving he deserves another shot at the big time.

Kashimir Singh looks as fabulous as ever and looks like a star that’s going to be a big time player here in PWW.

Clark Alexander got the best reaction of anyone on the show, period. You can tell that he is the hometown boy.

The four men in this ring know how to work a match and a crowd and they do so expertly here. With the reaction Clark is getting, you can tell he has the biggest target on his back. Brendan Idol takes a wicked bump early when he’s dropkicked off the top rope to the floor of the basement.

With him out of the ring, Threepwood and Singh are able to work together to take apart Alexander. It’s like a pack of hungry wolves surrounding their prey the way they attack. One after the other with strikes, a big double suplex, a camel clutch with a running kick to the face.

The crowd is really rooting for Alexander to make a comeback when Idol finally gets back in the ring and starts to mount some strike offense. His strikes are quick and effective and he’s trying his best to keep both Threepwood and Singh at bay while Alexander recovers in the corner, but the numbers game starts to overwhelm him.

It’s only when Threepwood attempts a pin that the alliance between Singh and Threepwood is called off. The two begin to brawl, including a wicked clothesline over-the-tope that sent both men to the floor.

Alexander is back on his feet in the ring with Idol. Brendan goes for a big dropkick, misses, and is caught with a Hawaiian breaker and Alexander gets the pin and the championship, much to the crowd’s pleasure.

Winner: Clark Alexander and new Pacific Heavyweight Champion in 19:42. D+

After the match, Alexander is celebrating his win when Singh comes behind with a steel chair and lays out Alexander with some vicious chair shots that literally echoed off the walls of the basement. It made for a great sound effect. D+

Overall, I’d say this was a good debut show for the upstart company. It introduced all of the people that they expect to be major players, developed what looks to be the main event rivalry going forward with Singh and Alexander. They’ve got an interesting roster, and a roster that with the exception of Samoan Destruction Inc, can only be seen here at Pro Wrestling Wild.

The negatives? There were no women on the show outside of Heather Halo, the referee who looks like she got a bit better in her time off of BSC. They need better production if they are going to compete with some of their close competitors.

I’ll definitely be at the next show. Fun note, there was an advertisement for their new wrestling school that apparently Professor Nero is taking the helm of, so it will be interesting to see if the Island Academy of Pro Wrestling puts out any talent worth having.

Overall Rating: D –

N52oWlc.jpg

QwDnFVf.jpg

Feb 1, 2016.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, blinked several times and tried my best to focus on the report in front of me. It had been a long, trying few months with last night being the culmination of my hard work. I got to stand backstage, wearing the proverbial captains hat and guide my ship out of port on its maiden voyage. The show didn’t get off entirely as expected, I was hoping that the opening match faired better in particular as El Mitico Jr. is figured in to be a major factor in my company.

I had completely overlooked my need for women on the show so the first thing I did this morning was reach out to Allison Addison, Mya Catalan, and Hayley Buck – all three unemployed and all three with undeniable sex appeal to hopefully add some attractiveness to the mix.

On the whole, we lost money this month – but most of that can be attributed to the launching of our academy. If I hadn’t decided to invest a sizeable portion of money into training the next wave of Hawaiian superstars, we would have turned a small profit which is saying something.

I will have to spend more money on production to keep up. I was hoping that our relatively secluded location would have allowed us to not up our production levels this early on but I’m going to have to bite that financial bullet.

I also heard back this morning from Pro Wrestling SAISHO in Japan and Australian Pro Wrestling in, Australia of course, about the possibility of working together in the future. Both were in agreement with me and agreed to form working relationships. This will only help all three of our companies in the future as it gives all of our talent access to promotions that were otherwise inaccessible. There are a few guys for SAISHO I’d love the opportunity to bring in, especially the Diamond Dogs, so we will see if we can come to terms on some sort of talent trade.

We had reached out to Ross Henry as soon as he made his intentions to start wrestling clear, but the former pro football player was quite clear that he doesn’t believe that Pro Wrestling Wild is large enough for him at this time – and I can understand that. He was just playing professional football in front of tens of thousands of people and our first show drew 300. He’s someone I’m keeping a close eye on for the future though, as I believe he could be a franchise player for any company that is lucky enough to get him.

Our February card will be announced soon and I hope that it is exciting and finds more traction for us Three hundred fans is a nice start, but I know that all of our boys really hope to draw more.

It was a busy month for wrestling on the whole and a lot of things happened in January that caught my attention.

-- Greg Gauge won the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament. This marks his second win (and back to back wins nonetheless) of the affair.

-- Our new partner APW signed a broadcasting deal with Australia Options

-- Xavi Ferrera signed a developmental deal with SWF

-- Masked Patriot, Lassana Makutsi, Primus Allen, Emmy, and Kristen Pearce were all called up to SWFs main roster (which makes me think they could go on a hiring spree soon)

--Masked Cougar, Fox Mask, Greg Black, Roger Cage, Hell's Bouncer, Remmy Skye, and Kirk Jameson have all signed with USPW. These signings particularly hurt CZCW and FCW -- because Cougar and Fox Mask were two top stars for the former and Bouncer and Jameson top stars for the latter. How the two companies will replace these stars is beyond me.

It's been a long several days and I can afford to rest, can afford to eat a good meal, shoot some hoops with my kids and then figure out what's next -- or at least announce it.

I am happy to see a Hawaiian company hit the pages here. I have actually been working on creating one myself and have several of the same Island wrestlers on my roster. Didn’t see this in time to get a prediction in but will be following closely going forward.

N52oWlc.jpg

QwDnFVf.jpg

[PWW Headquarters - Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii]

When I first rented this office space on Wells Street, Pro Wrestling Wild was a pipe dream. I had no financial support other than my own wallet. I had Ekuma and James who had verbally told me they would commit if I could get the backing -- but that they weren’t going to leave guaranteed money to join a pipe dream. I knew then; however, what I know now. Office space is important. Optics are important. If you want to succeed in this business, hell, any business, you have to look the part.

Wrestling is still the wild west. The famed outlaw Bob Younger once told a reporter that “we are rough men and used to rough ways.” That quote has always stuck with me, because that embodies the professional wrestler -- especially the ones carving out a living not working for any of the US Big 3, or SOTBW, or NOTBW, or lucky enough to have a touring deal with a Japanese company or get picked up in England by 21CW. Those spots are few and far between and most wrestlers are vying for spots on rosters like PWW. Not that our company is anything special in the wrestling landscape, but we are well funded. We work in an environment with little natural competition. We have an ideal location to get wrestlers who have Japanese commitments and want a place to stop off in between tours. We’re a place that wrestlers who are otherwise struggling on the independent scene.

I have goals for this company. Beyond my own desire to see a successful wrestling company last in Hawaii -- I want to get TV in the islands and I want to take wrestlers from the Pacific Islands to the top of the wrestling landscape. We’re often overlooked. We’re savages or we’re tribal. We dance, we say aloha and mahalo and surf. We wear lais or sea-shell necklaces. It’s stereotypes for us if we want to make it mainstream in wrestling. I want to change that perception.

Sure, I’ll use Samoan Demolition and Charger Siaki and have them continue to paint their faces and play to the gimmicks that they want to portray -- but I won’t insult the fans while doing it. They get to represent the warrior spirit of the Samoans. They’ll get to do the Siva Tau before their matches. They’ll get to present the warrior part of Samoan culture to the world while being contrasted with Rhino Umaga and Samoan Machine who are hard-hitting, take-no-nonsense ass kickers who just happen to also be Samoan.

Ekuma is big and strong and powerful and Hawaiian. James Adams is good looking and cocky and thinks all the women should love him and they probably do. Clark believes in being the last vestige of traditional wrestling, trying to save Hawaii from being lost in the shuffle of an ever changing pro wrestling landscape.

Everyone is different. I want to showcase that to the audience. I want them to get to see what we have to offer but I’m not oblivious to the fact that I can’t rely solely on Islanders to do this. First of all, there just aren’t enough of us active in wrestling to do so. Plus, I can’t expect Akima and Toma to leave WLW, we’re not big enough for Tana and Funakoshi to even consider at this point.

We already have a good sized roster, but I still feel it’s lacking. I need another team or two to add to the mix. Two or four more guys that I can bring in who can fit the model of the hard-hitting, in-your-face wrestling that we want to embody. Guys who can work together and in singles. There are a couple of mainland guys that I have my eyes on, both have Japanese commitments and one still has a pretty full schedule on the mainland so I don’t know the feasibility of bringing him in, but I’m going to reach out to them both.

There’s a veteran tag team that’s unemployed that may be willing to come in. They don’t exactly fit our style, but they might be good to do a couple of jobs to build up some of our talent. I don’t know if I want to pay that amount of money yet. I’ll have to figure that out.

N52oWlc.jpg

]QwDnFVf.jpg

I look over my final notes for the card. Checking for anything I’ve left off. The Rock City Stars aren’t going to be flown in for this show, they won’t mind. They know they’re figured in but I don’t want to over expose them too early. With my desire for the ten man tag team main event, that’s going to eat up a fair amount of time. I see the main event picture as being something that’s hotly contested with Idol, Threepwood, and Singh battling Alexander for the strap. I think Milk could do some good in the mix there. I also see some potential money with Samoan Destruction Inc, and Samoan Demolition could make for some interesting pairings in the future. I see Samoan Demolition as the future Samoan Destruction, Inc. They’re young right now, but they can both work, are getting better, and have star quality to boot.

The only person I really wanted to get on this card that I couldn’t was El Mitico Jr. I have big plans for the fourth-generation luchador, but I also don’t want to push him too hard too soon and risk a bigger company, particularly those jerks in South of the Border coming after him.

PWW Pomaika'i

February Week 4, 2016

Main Event

Ten Man Tag Team Action

Brendan Idol, Kashmir Singh, Connor Threepwood, Molokai Milk, and Clark Alexander vs. Samoan Demolition, Inc. and Samoan Mafia

Description: The four guys who main evented our first show and Molokai Milk -- looking to get some positive momentum on his side, are forced to all join forces in a ten man tag against the Tag Team and Trios Champions. The PWW Board of Directors is looking to see who will shine in this contest, who will set themselves apart, and can five singles stars work as one unit to beat two units that pride themselves on being units? Can the five Samoans coexist and show fluid teamwork?

Semi-Main Event

Riley McManus versus Ekuma

Description: McManus is looking to jumpstart his career and find his way back to some modicum of success while Ekuma is looking to continue the stellar start to his PWW Career with another big win.

Triple Threat Action

James Adams vs. Quentin Queen vs. Roger Monteiro

Description: Neither Queen or Monteiro has had an opportunity to perform in front of the PWW crowd and they will get that opportunity in February as they get to take on the ultra-charismatic James Adams. Can one of them seize this opportunity to make a name for themselves?

Opening Contest

Logan Diaz versus Lobo Blanco

Description: Logan Diaz’s uncle is the famous Raymond Diaz of PGHW fame. Tapes of his uncle have been very popular in the Islands for quite some time (after all, we do get a lot of Japanese wrestling here). When Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling cut him, we were quick to sign him. Lobo Blanco lost on our first show, but is hoping that was just a fluke and he will get a much needed victory over the upstart Diaz.

Card For Prediction

PWW Pomaika'i

February Week 4, 2016

Main Event

Ten Man Tag Team Action

Brendan Idol, Kashmir Singh, Connor Threepwood, Molokai Milk, and Clark Alexander vs. Samoan Demolition, Inc. and Samoan Mafia

Semi-Main Event

Riley McManus versus Ekuma

Triple Threat Action

James Adams vs. Quentin Queen vs. Roger Monteiro

Opening Contest

Logan Diaz versus Lobo Blanco

<p>Card For Prediction</p><p> </p><p>

PWW Pomaika'i </p><p>

February Week 4, 2016</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event</p><p>

Ten Man Tag Team Action</p><p>

Brendan Idol, Kashmir Singh, Connor Threepwood, Molokai Milk, and Clark Alexander vs. <strong>Samoan Demolition, Inc. and Samoan Mafia</strong></p><p><strong>

Looks like two teams against 5 guys thrown together. I'll take the teams to pull it out</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Semi-Main Event</p><p>

Riley McManus versus <strong>Ekuma</strong></p><p><strong>

Going with the home island guy here</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Triple Threat Action</p><p>

<strong>James Adams</strong> vs. Quentin Queen vs. Roger Monteiro</p><p>

<strong>wow absolutely no idea I will say Adams</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Opening Contest</p><p>

<strong>Logan Diaz </strong>versus Lobo Blanco</p><p>

<strong>Going to have to look some of these guys up</strong></p>

Pomaik'i 2016

PWW Pomaik'i

February Week 4, 2016

Jerry's Basement, Maui, Hawaii

Hello again. I’m Patrick Castle reporting for Indy Wrestling Round Up. I’m back in Jerry’s Basement in Maui and it’s another sell out of three hundred people for Pro Wrestling Wild. Two straight shows, two straight announced sell outs. I was told that the presale was about 200 tickets this time, which is better than it was last time. They also had to turn away several more people at the door than they did previously. That’s a good sign for a company that’s looking to really establish a foothold for itself.

N52oWlc.jpg

The show starts promptly at 7:30, no preshow or anything like that. Just the sounds of some fast paced latin music to announce the arrival of Lobo Blanco. He literally runs down the small ramp to the ring. He’s ready for action.

OxDxXGx.jpg vs X4IOSAc.jpg

His music fades out and “Hate Me Now” by Nas comes on. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard this jam. Logan Diaz comes out and you can see the resemblance to his uncle. More importantly, this kid has good size and physique. A lot of times with guys on Indy shows, they don’t have the major-league physiques but he definitely does. I’d put him in the mid two hundred as far as weight goes. He’s definitely a sight to see.

The match starts and Lobo immediately starts after Diaz with some strikes. Strikes focused on the lower body in particularly. He’s trying to chop the big man down to size. He goes for a single leg takedown and it’s just awkward. Diaz shrugs it off and Lobo tries for another takedown and again it’s awkward. I can’t tell if it’s just these two guys trying to figure it out, or if there is a language barrier, or if they just don’t mesh well but they just seem to be an awkward pairing.

Lobo has a hold of Diaz’s arm when Diaz throws a big right hand that I think might have legitimately knocked Lobo loopy for a second. This is the opening he needs though to take control and from here on in it’s all Diaz. The timing for this match is off. Moves seem forced.

Diaz gets full mount on Lobo after a big suplex and starts raining blows. It only takes a couple of shots before Lobo isn’t moving and Heather Halo is calling for a stoppage. Great finish on an otherwise awkward match.

Logan Diaz over by stoppage in 9:54, E+, awkward chemistry between the two

R47TajM.jpg

After the match, it takes about thirty seconds before Clark Alexander’s music hits and the reigning Pacific Heavyweight Champion comes out onto the modest stage. The crowd is very excited to see the champ and they let him know. He nods his approval to all of them before walking down the ramp to the black and aqua ring that Pro Wrestling Wild settles its action in.

Smooth C, PWW resident color commentator hands Alexander a microphone and the champion flashes a million dollar smile before he raises the microphone. “When I was offered the opportunity to return to the Islands, to return home and compete in the only profession I’ve ever known -- I leapt at the chance. Once month ago we debuted and one month ago we debuted and I competed in a war against Brendan Idol, Connor Threepwood, and Kashmir Singh. A war for this.”

He raises the Pacific Heavyweight Championship and takes a long, long pause. “I walked out as the first Pacific Heavyweight Champion. I walked out as the standard bearer, the measuring stick, and the man to beat here in Pro Wrestling Wild. I walked out with what I came here for and now it is time for the next challenge. I here by issue an open challenge to anyone in this sport. I don’t care where you wrestle. I don’t care who you are. Whether you’re Nicolas Lopez, Steve Flash, Greg Gauge, Donnie J, Halloween Knight, Richie Fox, Azumamaro Kita, I don’t care. I don’t care if you’re a heavyweight or a junior heavyweight, whether you like to brawl or are a technical wizard. I don’t care if you’re a rookie or a twenty year veteran. What I care about is making this championship the most hotly contested championship in the world. What I care about is proving to everyone in the world that I am the best wrestler on the Islands.

“I’ve already spoken with the Board of Directors and they’ve assured me that they will be sending the contracts out to all of the major independent promotions in the world. They come with instructions for them to send their best. Send their top wrestlers for a chance at this. If they have the guts to stand across the ring from me and try to pry this from my hands then they are invited. And I promise to you.”

He points at the crowd and spins in a circle. “I promise to each and every one of you that I will defend this championship with every fiber of my being. I will fight time in and time out to prove to the world that the Islands have the best wrestling and the best wrestlers on the world. That is my vow to you. To the rest of the world. You’ve been invited. Don’t keep us waiting.”

Alexander drops the microphone to modest applause and walks to the back. Rating: - C+

I really liked this promo from Alexander and the crowd did too.

QtKFzHV.jpg vs. VK7q5Gx.jpg

Smooth C, who is doubling as the ring announcer announces Rex Reeves to the ring and the same murmur runs through the crowd as me. Who? He wasn’t announced to be on this card and it’s not like he’s a household Hawaiian name.

Next out is El Mitico Jr. It’s nice seeing him on the card. I don’t understand why he hasn’t been picked up by South of the Border Wrestling or some other name organization. A four year pro and this is his first real opportunity with any place of note. That’s a shame.

Unfortunately, this match was also a shame. Nothing these guys did got any reaction and the crowd was noticeably unhappy. They don’t know who Rex Reeves is and they barely know who El Mitico is and it is really showing in their lack of interest in the match.

It also doesn’t help that Rex Reeves is just stinking up the joint. I bet he will not be asked back. Mercifully the match ends with El Mitico hitting a northern lights suplex for the one two three.

El Mitico Jr wins by Lights Suplex in 7:39, F+

63XRRJ1.jpg vs. TkH66Lp.jpgvs. d3LHpnt.jpg

Next up is the triple threat match and the people are quite excited to see James Adams. I know I said it last month, but I have to say it again. He looks like a star. He feels like a star when he comes through the curtain.

Quentin Queen is a product of TCW’s school and has been getting great reports from local shows so I’m happy he’s finding a home here in PWW. Roger Monteiro has all the potential in the world to be a big star, especially as one of the few American Indian wrestlers on the planet. The three put on a solid match. No one really dominated, but both Queen and Monteiro were bumping great for all of Adams’ big offense. At about ten minutes in, Adams hit a wicked superplex onto Queen that caused him to powder out.

Monteiro and Adams went at it for a couple of minutes while Queen was on the outside selling. Monteiro had Adams up for a suplex, but Adams got behind him and then boom, Pacific Crush and that was that.

Adams wins with the Pacific Crush in 15:13, D-

5Mob8i7.jpg vs. yPsEw9F.jpg

Riley McManus is out next and he gets some applause from the tape traders. His career in Mid Atlantic giving him some respect here on the Islands. Here in the Islands, with no real wrestling of our own to consistently follow until now, tape trading has been important.

Ekuma is out next and is easily the most impressive person on the show so far. At least from a looks stand point. While James Adams has a great look and Logan Diaz has a great muscular look, no one on the show can compare to Ekuma. Few people in wrestling can, I suppose. Ekuma dominates the match early with impressive power moves, including a stalling gorilla press where he held McManus for roughly fifteen seconds before letting him fall.

After a missed corner avalanche, McManus took over with a body slam and then some holds -- trying to keep the big man off his feet and away from the ability to use all of that power. Ekuma makes the comeback and hits the Hawaiian Crush for the win. Basic match, but it did exactly what it needed to do.

Ekuma with the Hawaiian Crush in 13:29 D-

R47TajM.jpgXFlYxu7.jpgc74rqq5.jpgSh8qc6n.jpgjwksmW5.jpg vs. 9F5dV3l.jpguk5DPhX.jpg6ccUaly.jpge0rFymJ.jpgfmehlZF.jpg

The ten man tag team match is next after intermission. This promises to be an interesting one as you have all of the champions in PWW involved. On one team, Clark Alexander teams with his opponents from last month, Brendan Idol, Kashmir Singh, and Connor Threepwood. They’re joined by Molokai Milk who lost to Ekuma on the first show. Samoan Destruction Inc is teaming with the Samoan Mafia.

Milk starts in the ring against Rhino Umaga who gets the early advantage with his power. He and Samoan Machine are working like a team to start, though they aren’t involving the Samoan Mafia. There is some distrust there clearly.

That’s how the match progresses -- with each of the five individuals taking turns getting worked over by the tag team and trio respectively. Eventually all of the Samoans start to work together, making frequent takes and each using hard-hitting power moves to lay out their opponents.

Brendan Idol took a particularly wicked bump from the apron into the guardrail off a running big boot. Rhino Umaga broke Clark Alexander’s nose on a potatoed punch.

After about twenty minutes, the action started to speed up with Alexander clearing the ring. Charger Siaki is the legal man when he charges Alexander looking for a spear. Alexander moves out of the way and his sister is the recipient of a wicked looking spear. She also happens to be the referee here in PWW -- which makes it doubly troubling. Siaki can’t believe that he speared the referee. Alexander can’t believe his sister got speared.

While they are distracted, a commotion comes from the ringside area. Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Big Bruiser Findlay are here in PWW! And… they are beating the holy hell out of Samoan Destruction, Inc. Findlay powerbombed Rhino Umaga through the guard rail. You read that right. Through the guard rail. Bulldozer hit Samoan Machine with a Backdrop Driver on the floor. Neither are moving. Samoan Demolition gives chase to them which leaves Charger Siaki on his own.

Alexander set up Siaki and hit him with the beautiful Hawaiian Breaker.

Easily match of the night. I wasn’t expecting Alexander’s team to win, but they did. It was incredibly shocking to see Findlay and Smith here, but I like their arrival a lot.

Clark Alexander pins Charger Siaki after 25 minutes with the Hawaiian Breaker. C-

This show was more successful than their first show. The main event was damn good, better than expected too. I’m excited to see where they are going from here. With Alexander’s open challenge and the arrival of Findlay and Smith, the third show should prove to be a great one.

Total Rating: D

N52oWlc.jpg

QwDnFVf.jpg

I’ve never slept much. My mom told me as a kid I didn’t much care for sleep. After four or five hours, I’d be up with boundless energy. The older I’ve gotten, the more cognizant I’ve become of my inability to sleep coming from an inability to quiet my mind. I’m closing in on forty and I still haven’t mastered slowing my brain long enough to get the eight hours of sleep that they recommend. I function fine on the four or five hours, but I often wonder what would happen if I got eight. Would I lose my competitive edge? Would I be less driven? Or would the extra rest make my brain even more sharp? I don’t think I’ll ever find out.

What I do know is that when you book, agent, and promote your own wrestling company the ability to function on four or five hours of sleep a night comes in handy. I can hit the bed at two, be up by seven at the latest and hit the ground running. After Pomaik’i, that’s exactly what I did.

I was happy with our show. Our main event was much better than I expected and the surprise debut of Findlay and Smith went over incredible. We have that benefit here in the Islands that we consume wrestling from all over the globe because we haven’t had our own. Japanese, Australia, English, American, Mexican, whatever we can get on TV or on tapes we consume. Findlay and Smith have been making waves for Black Canvas Grappling and were more than willing to make Pro Wrestling Wild a place they stop in between tours and shows.

The downside to this month was we still lost money. I didn’t get into the promotion business thinking that I was going to make money quickly. It takes time in wrestling. You have to be prepared to lose money. You have to pay for the production, the staff, the building, the guys themselves -- all of that adds up and when you’re not bringing in the fans because you don’t have a proven product yet, it means you’re going to lose money.

With that being said; however, we can’t afford to just keep losing money. We’ve brought in a lot of guys on our past two shows. Used all of our most expensive talent each show in an attempt to have names that the fans recognize on each show. Moving forward, I’m going to have to be more careful to make sure to not continue to use all of our expensive talent each show. It means guys like Idol and Singh and Threepwood are going to have to be used in a rotation, because I can’t leave Clark or Ekuma or James off the majority of shows as the three of them make up my main draws.

The day after Pomaiki’, the very beginning of March, I’m going over expense reports when I get a knock on my office door. I don’t get many visitors during the day, most business is handled over the phone or email, so the knock brings me out of my hyper-focus on the numbers.

“Come in.” I say, trying to sound inviting. My wife has told me before that I don’t always have the most inviting demeanor.

The door to my office opens and Rhino Umaga walks in. “Howzit bruddah?”

“Hey uce.” I greet him with the colloquial Samoan equivalent of bro, much like he did for me just in the Hawaiian islands style. “What can I do for you?”

“I’ve got some news.” He says and seeing my face immediately adds “Some good news.”

“Well in that case, take a seat.” I wave him towards the seat opposite my desk. “What you got for me?”

“I got a phone call last night after the show from Mal.” He starts. It takes me a minute to register who he is talking about, but he continues. “They’re finalizing their releases. WLW has hit some financial problems this year with the competition from GCG, Burning Hammer and PGHW. They’re looking to trim down some of their expenses and he and Toma look like they’re on the list to get cut.”

My eyes brighten. Mal is Rhino’s brother, more commonly known as Akima Brave. Toma is, well, Toma. Together they’re the Samoan Pittbulls. They wrestled for SWF before getting released, reinventing themselves on the independent scene and then signing for WLW. “You serious?”

“Dead serious, braddah.”

“What else did you all talk about?”

“They want to come here. They like what we’re doing. They like that I’m here. They like that Arthur is here. Mal especially. The three of us have never been in the same place at the same time. This could be the first time for us.”

“I’ll give him and Toma a call. I’m sure that Bai would like having his little brother around more too.”

And I did just that. I immediately got on the phone with both of the Samoan Pitbulls to offer them deals. In addition, I recognized that I was paying a premium for some guys who weren’t big draws in Hawaii and while I want to use some of them occasionally, I could also benefit from adding some younger, less experienced, but also cheaper workers. So four more offers went out -- one to Cobra, one to Seth Whitehead, one to Lucas Pobb and one to Gidayu Katou. All four were unemployed and all four were happy to come to work for me.

We are going to make this happen. We are going to take PWW to television, to the world. I can feel it in my bones.

<p>Hey all, it's Patrick Castle here from Indy Wrestling Roundup. I just noticed that PWW posted something on their official website that I found really interesting. It was a video by the former Arthur Dexter Bradley. I took the liberty of transcribing it for those of you with out the benefit of speakers, or sitting at work and not able to use your speakers.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45109" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Six years ago I came into this sport as a wide-eyed, wet behind the ears rookie. I made a lot of mistakes early on in my career and one of them was allowing myself to be called Arthur Dexter Bradley. It was a name I never wanted. It was a name given to be by a promoter who didn't understand my heritage, who didn't understand where I came from, and frankly didn't care. But I care. I care about the Isle of Samoa. I care about my family. My brothers Rhino and Malili. I care about my cousins. I care about what it means to be Samoan. I care about being the best damn Samoan wrestler in history --<p> and I will be. But I will do it it with my name -- not the name someone gave me. My name is Arthur Umaga. You will remember it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So there you have it. Arthur Dexter Bradley is no more and in his place, Arthur Umaga. I really like the potential here -- it could just be just the spark he needs to really get over like he's never been over before.</p>

<p>It's Patrick Castle again, everyone, for Indy Wrestling Roundup. I was just sent the line up for PWW's March Event, "No Turning Back." This event is special because it marks the unveiling of PWW's new arena, which can seat 500 people, and it's called The Heiau -- which is Hawaiian for temple. I've been told that the reason for the $12,00 expenditure was pretty simple. It would save money in the long run. Now onto the card.</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45109" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pro Wrestling Wild Presents: No Turning Back<p> Live from the The Heiau</p><p> Sunday Week 4, March</p><p> 7:30 PM Bell Time</p><p> </p><p> Main Event</p><p> Pacific Heavyweight Championship</p><p> Clark Alexander © vs Sayeed Ali (Open Challenge Response)</p><p> </p><p> Semi Main Event</p><p> Rhino Umaga vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p> Tag Team Match</p><p> Ekuma and James Adams versus Ricochet Ramone and Penfold Perdition</p><p> </p><p> Singles Match</p><p> Arthur Umaga versus Cal Sanders</p><p> </p><p> Opening Contest</p><p> Logan Diaz versus Cobra</p><p> </p><p> Special Pre Show Match for the Early Birds</p><p> El Mitico Jr. versus Seth Whitehead </p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p></p>

Card for Predictions

Main Event

Pacific Heavyweight Championship

Clark Alexander © vs Sayeed Ali (Open Challenge Response)

Semi Main Event

Rhino Umaga vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Tag Team Match

Ekuma and James Adams versus Ricochet Ramone and Penfold Perdition

Singles Match

Arthur Umaga versus Cal Sanders

Opening Contest

Logan Diaz versus Cobra

Special Pre Show Match for the Early Birds

El Mitico Jr. versus Seth Whitehead

<p>Card for Predictions</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event</p><p>

Pacific Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Clark Alexander</strong> © vs Sayeed Ali (Open Challenge Response)</p><p> </p><p>

Semi Main Event</p><p>

Rhino Umaga vs. <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>Ekuma and James Adams </strong>versus Ricochet Ramone and Penfold Perdition</p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>Arthur Umaga</strong> versus Cal Sanders</p><p> </p><p>

Opening Contest</p><p>

<strong>Logan Diaz</strong> versus Cobra</p><p> </p><p>

Special Pre Show Match for the Early Birds</p><p>

<strong>El Mitico Jr</strong>. versus Seth Whitehead</p>

<p>I just your diary, its shaping up pretty nicely, keep up the good work</p><p> </p><p>

PS: is your character created or he is in the database?</p><p> </p><p>

Card for Predictions</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event</p><p>

Pacific Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Clark Alexander</strong> © vs Sayeed Ali (Open Challenge Response)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Clark is like the prodigal son, he has the ability to put a masterpiece with a mop, he has the hometown hero persona nailed, and he has the spotlight appearance from his time in TCW, he is the complete package for a beginning company, he needs to win, to build the importance of the title and himself,</em></p><p><em>

and Sayeed I know he is pretty good but his popularity lacks in th US he isnt as over as in Canada, so he does the honors for Clark</em></p><p> </p><p>

Semi Main Event</p><p>

Rhino Umaga vs. <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>I almost gave the win to Umaga, seeing how he is one half of the champs,</em></p><p><em>

but Bulldozer can be a great asset, and can push his claim if he beats a dominating force as Rhino Umaga, this is the most difficult to predict</em></p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>Ekuma and James Adams</strong> versus Ricochet Ramone and Penfold Perdition</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Seriously?, the SWF Prospects vs the Canadian Flops, Ekuma and James are the real deal here, SWF knew it, so they are money in your hands just waiting to be used right, yes they are pretty young, thats why they are prospects, I wouldnt have seen them called to the Main roster in SWF, but for a strating promotion they are more than enough to put butts into seats, the other 2 had potetial once, but i think too little too late for them.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>Arthur Umaga</strong> versus Cal Sanders</p><p> </p><p>

<em>I love Cal, but I also have to be realist, I think his lightning came and went, but he took it, and that gave him a 4 year run in 4C, but that all it got him, yeah he isnt old, but he isnt young enough, he is trpped in a limbo where he is just other body for the roster, and thats sad, and also is logical to give arthur the win, he has the potential and just changed character, if he loses this all the hype for his character vanishes, so probaly he will begin to pick up steam.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Opening Contest</p><p>

<strong>Logan Diaz</strong> versus Cobra</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Logan is a tricky business, I have seen him grow to the top or flop pretty hard, almost a 50/50, but I believe its always worth it to give him a chance,</em></p><p><em>

because if you get him right, is incredible, Cobra is just there for put him over, he has a good body, but that can mostly be used to put over big guys,</em></p><p><em>

to show their strength.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Special Pre Show Match for the Early Birds</p><p>

<strong>El Mitico Jr.</strong> versus Seth Whitehead</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Based on what I read you have big plans for El Mítico, and I can see why he is really awesome and grows pretty fast, the only think that is difficult at the beginning is getting his POP up outside of México, so putting him in the Pre-Show should hel with that, let him grow, but at the same time doesnt hurt your show, and Seth, his nickname is the man with no nickname, for me he is just another body on the roster used to get up the main guys.</em></p>

No Turning Back

N52oWlc.jpg

Hello again my faithful readers here at Indy Wrestling Round Up. I’m Patrick Castle and I was lucky enough to attend tonight’s PWW No Turning Back. For this show, I sat ringside, which was a first for me. This is their first show at their brand new Heiau arena, a 500 seat venue that I was told is also doubling as the home for their Island Academy of Professional Wrestling and I heard that they’re also going to move their main office here in the coming weeks -- so this is going to house all of their operations.

The line to get in the building was pretty long when doors opened at 6:45 for the 7:30 bell time. At about 7:10 they announced a sell out of 500 fans for the building. That’s got to feel good for the company. First show in the new building and a sell out already? That’s a good sign of growth.

HYNBE7d.jpg vs. QtKFzHV.jpg

At 7:15, the sounds “The Evil That Men Do” by Iron Maiden played through the new venue and the acoustics sounded great. Seth Whitehead, The Man with No Nickname, pushed his way through the curtain. He’s new to the promotion and new to the area so he’s not super well known but just the look of him made people want to boo. He’s got good size, I’d put him around 250 or 255 (his official weight is listed as 256).

“Rapture” by Blondie hits and El Mitico Jr. comes out to what is apparently his new theme song. He’s starting to get recognized by the audience now so there is a smattering of applause from the audience that’s already in their seats -- though a good portion are still buying concessions, merch, or aren’t yet seated for other various reasons.

This was an okay contest for a preshow match. They didn’t do anything fancy. They didn’t try to go out and steal the show. It was a simple contest to get the crowd over and let each guy showcase a couple of things they do really well. Whitehead has this great spine-buster like takedown and he definitely showed it off with two big takedowns that he followed up with armbar attempts that El Mitico was able to fight off each time.

El Mitico kept going for his Northern Lights Suplex, which was a nice touch that each guy was going for their big moves, Whitehead for a submission and Mitico for his suplex. They did some good chain wrestling, Mitico is a very solid technical wrestler and definitely carried Whitehead here -- but that’s to be expected with as inexperienced Whitehead is.

The finish saw Whitehead go for another takedown, but El Mitico went up and over and landed behind him. When Whitehead turned around, he got caught with the Northern Lights Suplex and that was that.

El Mitico Jr. by Northern Lights Suplex in 9:46. E+

We finished the preshow with just a couple of minutes to go before the main show which gave me plenty of time to go to the bathroom and get an ice cold Coca Cola before the main show started.

OxDxXGx.jpg vs. 0oxPs7F.jpg

“Tyrants” by Immortal started the show off and Logan Diaz walked to the ring. I said it last show, but the man is just built like a killer, just like his uncle. Real simple entrance for him, but good music. He sat on the second turnbuckle in his corner while he waited for his opponent.

His opponent happened to be the debuting Cobra who came out to some sort of instrumental piece that reminded me of a snake hunting prey. It was cool. So was the python he had wrapped around him. Hissing Sid is the python’s name, or so I’ve been told. When Cobra got in the ring, a ringhand held open a canvas bag and Cobra safely stored the python and we were off to the races.

But by off to the races, I mean we were treated to just under seven minutes of Logan Diaz pummeling Cobra. Cobra had a couple of spots where he fought back and looked good, but most of the match was spent with Logan hitting him with big suplexes and slams. Simple offense but effective.

Much like last month, Diaz got full mount and begin to rain strikes down on Cobra and Halo was forced to call for the stoppage.

Logan Diaz in 6:52 by stoppage. D-

You know what I like about this new building they are running? It has video screens. By video screens, they’re really just two 60” screens that I bet they got open box at best buy. It adds something different to the show though and allows for what we got after the opening match, which was a “Coming Soon” video package hyping The Samoan Pitbulls -- Malili Umaga, the former Akima Brave, and Toma. D-

fg8DR5G.jpg vs. SpTPxDY.jpg

Cal Sanders is next out and his entrance is rather unmemorable. I do like his lumberjack look and his music was some sort of custom lumberjack sounding country song that is alright but nothing to write home about.

After he’s in the ring a tribal drum beat fills the arena. After about fifteen seconds of drums it changes to “Hail to the King” by Avenged Sevenfold and the newly christened Arthur Umaga emerges from the back. He barely looks like the same guy who was going by Arthur Dexter Bradley. He looks more serious. He looks hell bent on making a name for himself and he marches to the ring.

Cal came out looking to wrestle, to play to his technical strength over Umaga, but Umaga uses his speed to launch quick strikes and stay out of range of Sanders grappling. A couple of times Sanders was able to get a hold of Umaga and got him down on the mat, Umaga was able to use his quickness to not stay down for long.

Umaga kept pushing the pace, and showed a lot of lucha-flare, including a great tilt-a-whirl DDT for a near fall. After a hurricanranna, Umaga hit the frog splash for the victory.

Arthur Umaga in 7:38 by Frog Splash D-

yPsEw9F.jpgd3LHpnt.jpg vs. 6HXD3LJ.jpg3h2DbyJ.jpg

Next up was the tag team match of the evening, pitting Penfold Perdition and Ricochet Ramone against Ekuma and James Adams. This one wasn’t much to write home about, probably the worst match of the main show. Perdition is just awful. I know he’s only got the job because he’s a local so they don’t have to pay much for travel, but I hope there aren’t big plans for him, because he really brought this match down.

Which is sad, because Adams in particular really worked his butt off in this and shown. He sold everything Perdition hit him with like the 470 pounder was killing him.

Ekuma got the hot tag -- which set the crowd on fire. Once he got in the ring, it was pretty quick work when he hit Ramone with the Hawaiian Crush and the one, two, three.

Ekuma and Adams showed some potential as a tag team -- which is great for both young stars, because it gives them a team they can count on and allow neither of them to be over-exposed.

Ekuma and James Adams win with the Hawaiian Crush in 10:35, E+

After that, Haley Buck came out with Bulldozer Brandon Smith. They must be up next, because Haley cut a pretty standard promo to hype Bulldozer’s match with Rhino Umaga. She did an okay job, but it wasn’t anything special. She could really benefit from getting some trademark lines or something. The nice thing is, it looks like her and Smith have decent chemistry.. E+

e0rFymJ.jpg vs. i3MJlMR.jpg

Rhino Umaga was out and came out like a house of fire. This match really is the epitome of two bulls locking horns. Both are big, strong heavyweights with big power moves, hard strikes, and the crowd was really into these two. They got good reactions for everything.

Umaga hit Bulldozer with a clothesline that sent both men to the floor and they brawled outside the ring. This had a really cool moment where Rhino came charging at Bulldozer who was by the guard rail, Bulldozer move and Rhino crashed through the guard rail and into the first row of the crowd. It got a great pop. When he got up, Bulldozer grabbed him and hit him with a hard backdrop driver on the broken guard rail.

It’s a good thing that PWW has no count outs, because they were definitely outside of the ring for longer than ten seconds, but they made it work. Bulldozer suplexed Rhino into the ring apron. I said that right, into the ring apron. It was vicious.

Back in the ring, Rhino started mounting a comeback with his own strikes and slams. Both were laying their stuff in.

Bulldozer was able to get Rhino up and hit the Tombstone Piledriver on him and got the three count.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 14:10 by Tombstone Piledriver. D

3as7OVi.jpg

LO9J5hb.jpg vs R47TajM.jpg

It’s main event time. Time for the Pacific Heavyweight Championship to be defended. Sayeed Ali comes out to a better-than-expected reaction for the guy who has spent the bulk of his career in Canada.

Everytime Alexander walks through the curtain he feels like a star. He feels major league. This is definitely the break he needed. Sayeed and Alexander took their time here. They weren’t in a rush. Sayeed got the advantage early and worked over Alexander.

Alexander made a comeback, then got cut off, made another comeback, got cut off again, and then made his final comeback and took control. Sayeed made Alexander look great here. He really flew through the air for him. You could tell that Ali got it. He got what he was here for.

Alexander got Ali up just after twenty-five minutes, Hawaiian Breaker and Alexander retained.

Clark Alexander by Hawaiian Breaker in 25:41. D+

After the match, the two men shake hands after the match in a sign of respect. D

Over all, this was the best card from top to bottom that the company has put on. With the exception of the tag match and Buck’s promo, nothing really disappointed. I’m really interested to see where they are going next.

Show Rating: D+

Quick Show Results

Preshow: El Mitico Jr. def Seth Whitehead, E+

Logan Diaz def. Cobra, D-

Hype Video for The Samoan Pitbulls, D-

Arthur Umaga def. Cal Sanders, D-

Ekuma and James Adams def. Ricochet Ramone and Penfold Perdition, E+

Haley Buck cuts promo hyping Bulldozer and Rhino E+

Bulldozer def Rhino Umaga, D

Pacific Heavyweight Title: Clark Alexander © def. Sayeed Ali, D+

Alexander and Ali shake hands, D+

Overall Grade: D+

Great job both theheel and Xmultigames for getting perfect cards. This felt like a pretty easy show to see where I wanted to go, which is what I wanted, I'm glad that you both were able to see where I wanted to go with this show.

I just your diary, its shaping up pretty nicely, keep up the good work

PS: is your character created or he is in the database?

Thank you very much. He's a created character that serves as a road agent with good psychology, so he's definitely not over powered but he fits the story I wanted to tell.

N52oWlc.jpg

[ioka’s office,The Heiau, Maui]

Three shows in, and all three have been successful. Our last show sold out our new home and got good reviews from the locals. Clark and Sayeed had a really hard hitting main event that I was a big fan of. I took a couple of days off after the show to spend some time with my wife and kids. We had a great couple of days -- including some surfing and a great beach barbecue. The kind of days you need when you work all the time.

I’d been back in the office for a couple of hours when I got a knock on the door.

“C’mon in.” I said and looked up from the plans for our April show.

Bali So’oialo, known to the wrestling world as Samoan Machine, opened the door and walked in. He didn’t look happy.

“What’s wrong, Bali?” I asked, immediately concerned by the look on his face.

“Well boss.” He started, looking around. “I’ve got some uh, some bad news.”

“What kind of bad news?” I asked, bracing myself for the worst. A death in the family. A career ending injury. Something along those lines.

“I got a contract offer. From Burning Hammer.”

“Oh. Damn.”

“I wish I could tell you that I was going to turn it down.”

“But you can’t. It’s Burning Hammer. They’re one of the biggest wrestling companies in the world. The second biggest in Japan right now. That’s the kind of job you’ve been waiting for your whole career.”

“I know. But I believe in what you’re doing here. I really do. I just wished I could do more for you.”

“When do they want you to start?”

“One week.”

“Shit.”

“I know.”

I ran my fingers through my hair and blinked several times. “This doesn’t give me time to take the tag straps off you and Rav.”

“I’m sorry boss. I tried to negotiate for more time but they want me to debut right away so they can get me ready for Test of Prophecies.”

He looked legitimately remorseful that he was putting me in this situation. I’d known Bali for the better part of a decade and a half. He’s only four years younger than I am, after all. We’d wrestled in a bunch of the same places. Wrestled against each other a time or two, including on a tour of Indonesia for a group that was trying to get started out there a decade ago but only lasted that one tour. He would never put me in this position willingly. “I know, man. I don’t hold it against you. It’s what’s best for you and your career. You’ve got to start when they want you to start.”

“If it doesn’t work out…”

I cut him off, “You’ll always have a spot here. So long as I have a company, you’ve got a place to work.”

“I appreciate that Kawika. I really do.”

We shook hands and he walked out. I sat back down and for a long moment I stared out the window. It was a rainy day. That seemed right. I can’t take any credit for Bali’s success. He’s been a professional for sixteen years. He’s wrestled all over the world. He’s a class act. A stand up guy. He’s the kind of guy that every locker room wants to have and he’ll be sorely missed.

Now what the hell do I do with the tag team titles? And Rav. What do I do with him? I didn’t have plans for him as a singles star. But plans change. Sometimes you’ve got to adjust on the fly. The show must go on, as they say.

My office phone rang and I answered it on the third ring. “You’ve got Kawika Iona. Really? They’re not resigning you? Sure. I’ve got a spot for you here. Let’s talk when it’s official.”

With bad news comes good news. And this could be very good news...

Archived