How many guys you keep per division

25 to 30.

I've played mega divisions before and it just sucks. Tons of guys, tons of shows, no one really stands out, the top fighters just trade wins with each other... Smaller divisions allow you to control the booking if there's a good mix of good, average, and bad fighters.

25 to 30.

I've played mega divisions before and it just sucks. Tons of guys, tons of shows, no one really stands out, the top fighters just trade wins with each other... Smaller divisions allow you to control the booking if there's a good mix of good, average, and bad fighters.

I have 30-40 but I agree with this for all the reasons he stated. I have guys who are mostly prelims guys, then gatekeeper/middle of the pack guys then the top stars of the division.

Usually around 40 or so. However, my divisions in my GAMMA game have gotten a tad bit out of hand and I have sixty in each division. BC is right it is not nearly as fun when you get to that level. I am probably going to have a massive roster cut soon.

At the moment, at high international, from SHW to SW:

26, 34, 42, 44, 34, 34, 29

and female divisions 24, 24, 23, 27 (though I just finished a COTT with the latter division)

The fact that this curves is unintentional. I assume most normal companies would have slightly more in the MW division simply because it is the most accessable and standard one. Maybe the amounts are rather low and I should expand, but it's about 340 fighters already. If there's more you'd have to stage events every damn week, and some of them will be less star-studded.

But you guys are right in assuming 30 to 40 seems the sweet spot. There's really no need to have a bunch of -100/+100 matchups in a ladder system. You'll be a tad bit more successful if you play with training injuries on "high" like me as there's more suitable main events.

I'm gunning for around 80, have near that in most divisions with GAMMA but way behind with ALPHA-1 (50ish there outside the SHW division). Personally like GAMMA more as the top 25 feels more like a top 25 while ALPHA-1 still gets some mediocre guys slipping in towards the back.

It does require running a lot of shows to get guys enough fights, and smaller companies it is way too much. E.G. I also play with SIGMA and at 50 it's hell trying to get everyone fights unless you run like 20 fight cards :p.

Why 80 though? Figured, one day being really really bored at work and doing a bunch of math, it'd make the top 25 roughly the top 30% of the company while not requiring 10+ cards a month, or those 20 fight cards, to get everyone a fight. It's still a bit high but I also figure the women divisions, flyweights, etc. will struggle to get near 80 anyways.

Really 50-60 would be best, but again I'm weird about rankings :p

• 3 weeks later...
I'm gunning for around 80, have near that in most divisions with GAMMA but way behind with ALPHA-1 (50ish there outside the SHW division). Personally like GAMMA more as the top 25 feels more like a top 25 while ALPHA-1 still gets some mediocre guys slipping in towards the back.

It does require running a lot of shows to get guys enough fights, and smaller companies it is way too much. E.G. I also play with SIGMA and at 50 it's hell trying to get everyone fights unless you run like 20 fight cards :p.

Why 80 though? Figured, one day being really really bored at work and doing a bunch of math, it'd make the top 25 roughly the top 30% of the company while not requiring 10+ cards a month, or those 20 fight cards, to get everyone a fight. It's still a bit high but I also figure the women divisions, flyweights, etc. will struggle to get near 80 anyways.

Really 50-60 would be best, but again I'm weird about rankings :p

How many cards per month do you run? And do you just skip some fights?

• 2 weeks later...

<p>So I have 60-100 fighters per division and 8 divisions overalls as GAMMA. All men and no women so far. I'm waiting a couple more years to intergrate them.</p><p> </p><p>

My booking style is as follows:</p><p> </p><p>

- 3 cards a month, 4 in December for an overall of 37 shows. </p><p>

- PPV, tv show, internet based show(for low quality fighters, younger fighters and debuts. Main and co main though feature draws to bring in the crowds.</p><p>

- 5 fights on the main, 10 on the prelims</p><p>

- Book each show 2 months in advance</p><p>

- Every fighter fights at least once a year</p><p> </p><p>

It takes longer to get through the year but for me it's fun. I bought out ALpha, so they're now my feeder league.</p>

<p>Also for cutting fighters, I'll do it if there are 3 straight lost fights or 3 out of the last 4 last fights. </p><p> </p><p>

An exception would be if he's at least a low national in popularity cause I need the drawing power or if he's an older fighter but a legend.</p>

I find around 35-40 manageable. Allows the divisions to be competitive but at the same time stocked at the lower end with prospects and cans. I'm playing as GAMMA, currently in mid 2005. Men's divisions from Super Heavy down to Bantamweight. I have a women's Bantamweight division and just yesterday started a women's featherweight division, mainly because i had quite a few natural featherweight ladies that I was making cut weight to Bantamweight (mainly to try and find competition for Pam O'Neill).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45186" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How many cards per month do you run? And do you just skip some fights?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry got back on an FM kick and busy with FFXIV so been gone awhile, right now it's only 3-4 a month, not enough stars built up just yet to do more. Have to go back over my notes again, but think the ideal was 5-7 a month. </p><p> </p><p> I skip the prelims mostly, in that I skip to end and if it was a finish I'll go back and look at the last few bits. Main card I more skim than skip, if I was running just one company though I'd probably skim or straight skip the prelims and read the main cards.</p>

Archived