The game doesn't have this capability, the best choice would probably be to book the match as a 'cheap finish', but with it still being a 'pinfall / submission / valid way of winning'. The 'cheap finish' note means that the title will stay on your heel (which will be important since you don't want the title constantly swapping), but the face still actually wins with a valid method.

Then you run an angle after the match where it's explained that the babyface didn't actually win due to whatever reason.

The game doesn't have this capability, the best choice would probably be to book the match as a 'cheap finish', but with it still being a 'pinfall / submission / valid way of winning'. The 'cheap finish' note means that the title will stay on your heel (which will be important since you don't want the title constantly swapping), but the face still actually wins with a valid method.

Then you run an angle after the match where it's explained that the babyface didn't actually win due to whatever reason.

I did this exactly, and added the replacement ref note. Thanks, this covers it perfectly!

I just remembered that there is a simple way to do this, and I'll give you the example. Nicholas Lopez was defending his COTT World Heavyweight title against the young up and come Extraordinario Junior. In a shocking upset, EJ wins! But, he's a Lightweight competitor, and the minimum weight class for the COTT title is Middleweight. Despite a clean decisive finish with the belt on the line, the title did not change hands.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45246" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just remembered that there is a simple way to do this, and I'll give you the example. Nicholas Lopez was defending his COTT World Heavyweight title against the young up and come Extraordinario Junior. In a shocking upset, EJ wins! But, he's a Lightweight competitor, and the minimum weight class for the COTT title is Middleweight. Despite a clean decisive finish with the belt on the line, the title did not change hands.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> this is genius!</p>

Archived