Motivation for playing

I absolutely love the game. I constantly think of different mods I’d love to play, and have a current save that I have lots of storylines planned etc.

However, every time I load the game it starts and I’m ready for the next show, I just kind of think, it’s a grind and I leave it open and go do something else hoping I’ll come back and add to the show.

It then ends up with me saving it and closing it without playing. I’ve done this about 5 times now with my current save.

What does everyone else do?

i feel like you need to be able to write storylines out in full in advance, then when you get to this stage you already have matches/angles tondrop in fornthis weeks show....

Or a booking committee that takes into account your storylines and the matches you want to build up to

I know where I’m heading for the next two monthly events, but I’m just struggling to get there, the problem is I really want to play this save further down the line

It helps if you have one or two specific goals and a general plan for that. For instance, I did an AAA game recently, and my goal was "Get to Cult status", which is generally my goal, but this time I had a specific plan of running shows in the Midwest immediately in addition to the shows in the Northwest.

Another good example would be starting a Women's division in a National company that doesn't have one. Do you wait until you poached popular talent from USPW, do you start a developmental fed specifically for rookie wrestlers, etc.

Njpw?

Have you gave a shot Njpw or japanese companies or you can start road to local to global.

You can make a company that use round robin leagues tournament instead of depending on story lines.Make dream matches or if you want play a good storyline you can go with Wwe vs njpw storyline.

I’ve done all that before. I’m ant anstage where I’m in a game I really want to play I have storylines and direction all planned out, but when it come so tondoing the next I’m kind of stuck

I tend to alternate between two or three saves. Once one becomes stale or feels like "work" to continue on, then I move to the other.

You can do the same.

The game is a grind because you're making it a grind.

Meticulously writing out and planning storylines piece by piece? Come on. There is literally no in-game reason to do that other than feeling good about yourself for doing it. Congrats, though, because your self-satisfaction makes you hate playing the game.

I was exactly like you once.

What you need to do is completely change how you play the game. Eventually your habits will start to creep in and you'll be in a healthy middle where you enjoy.

Start a new save. You're able to plan one pay per view in advance (that month's). When you get to a show book on the fly with what pops in your mind at that moment. Purposely do strange things that make no sense in your mind. Turn people/Plan on turning people. Change titles. Have people that should win lose. Go wild and don't plan anything. This will open your mind to new storyline possibilities and get you out of the Notebook and spreadsheets or whatever you're doing right now. Do not plan TV in advance at all. You also have a 30 minute time limit for booking a show.

Just play the game as a game. This isn't a booking test. Try not to go beyond the mechanics that are in the game.

To completely contradict everything BC just said, I love the part of the game where you actually do book every little thing. That's the best part of the game is to treat it like you're actually the booker or owner which means controlling everything, but yes it does become taxing. I have a 12-year save I'm on that I hit a wall, but the release of WMMA5 literally saved my save :D

In the end, if you're spending a bunch of time on a save, it's because you have plans and WANT to devote your time to it, so the booking on the fly aspect is probably not very fun. So, find another save to mess around with just to free your mind as someone said or play a different game for a bit.

I actually sometimes fire up the Network or Youtube and watch wrestling from different time periods to develop new ideas. Anything helps.

I only advance book my PPV's a month ahead.

My TV shows, I book on the fly, which works very well for me.

That however, can get boring if I'm well into the game (a year or two), but then I switch to another save and play that for a while.

i kind of book my shows on the fly, but have sort of end targets.

Someone above mentioned just playing through it, i've already done that on many saves, but on this one i actually want to book it properly. I see it as not playing the game, but playing it as intended.

I've even got a save that's stemmed from this one and i've autobooked a couple of years and i get to the point of booking show by show again and i just want to play this save.

Its strange because nobody is watching, i may never even go back and look at these shows, but i feel the need to book them out properly. i dont think going away helps, because it was a dynasty i started. I then left it for a few months as i was playing other games, then got this urge to come back to it and carry on playing it as i would do the dynasty (without actually writing it fully and putting it on here)

I book my pay per views six months in advance or longer (just the big stories)

For my weekly shows, I usually have a formula I follow or a tournament I book. Plus, that is how you build your workers so the pay per view results look good

Heck, I use the auto booker for most of the weekly events, making a few adjustments here and there to make sure storylines are advanced. Many times I don't even set a winner. Lazy? Perhaps. BUT on occasion this leads to inspiration.

One QAW playthrough- Charity Sweet is on the roster, and I eventually hire Golden Delicious. Both heels. The auto booker throws them together as the random opponents for one of our face tag teams. They were listed as "Sweet & Delicious" and I went ":eek:. That. Is. Great. Why didn't I think of putting them together sooner?!?" As I hit the "run show" button, I prayed they'd get at least neutral chemistry. No negative chemistry notes popped up, so I slapped them together as regular team.

I was in this position many times and there are many ways around it.

#1 Try a different mod, personally i like the original Cornellverse, but i know some people prefer playing the real world mods. Recently i did something totally opposite, i started an empty game with just a bunch of low end workers (around 50) and built the game world from scratch. I am 24 years into that game.

#2 It helps to try and keep the game as simple as possible. I used to do what you do, in other words plan the whole event step by step. Now i focus on some specific targets and often let the auto booker, book the card and i simply edit the matches or add a few extra ones. This speeds up the game and you can see some progress over the same periods of time. If you spend too much time on each card, you cannot see the results of your work (ie workers progressing, degrading, making it to HOF, getting into relations etc).

#3 If the game is getting boring, you need to give yourself new goals. I decided to start investing in a new channel, or you could start up a development territory and try to develop your own youth. You could try to kill off a competitor or maybe try to take a character with limited ability to A rating simply because you have a good relationship with him. In one of my recent mods i created a Dojo in Hawaii and all the recruits from there i edited their surnames and made them my relatives, basically anything to spice up your game.

Archived