No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

So, some of us play the game with RUTHLESS AGGRESSION. Crippling the competition, burying any talent who dares to ask for things like a living wage, that sort of thing.

If you're like me, though, sometimes you take pity on these fictional characters, or maybe you just think, "Hey, if other companies are doing well, if wrestlers are doing well, then that helps the business as a whole, and that's good for me in the long term!" So, you do something nice, and it comes around to bite you in the hinder.

Example- playing QAW, we just entered 2017. A week or two into January, and AAA fires something like half a dozen wrestler. Looking into the editor, I see they've lost a TON of money the past year. I've made a ton of money. So, I edit them up $250k and myself down $250k, to represent a "transfer" or "loan", if you will. They immediately put that money to use by... hiring a half dozen of my top stars.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, some of us play the game with RUTHLESS AGGRESSION. Crippling the competition, burying any talent who dares to ask for things like a living wage, that sort of thing.<p> </p><p> If you're like me, though, sometimes you take pity on these fictional characters, or maybe you just think, "Hey, if other companies are doing well, if wrestlers are doing well, then that helps the business as a whole, and that's good for me in the long term!" So, you do something nice, and it comes around to bite you in the hinder.</p><p> </p><p> Example- playing QAW, we just entered 2017. A week or two into January, and AAA fires something like half a dozen wrestler. Looking into the editor, I see they've lost a TON of money the past year. I've made a ton of money. So, I edit them up $250k and myself down $250k, to represent a "transfer" or "loan", if you will. They immediately put that money to use by... hiring a half dozen of my top stars.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well it makes sense that the AI would put the cash to use to fill the holes they made when they were trying to save money (most likely due to a drop in size from Regional to Small due to company battles or just poor finances in general). If they didn't sign them to written deals or if they could and you have a working agreement you'll be fine. You helped them out with money and the AI did the smartest thing it could with it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LoganRodzen" data-cite="LoganRodzen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well it makes sense that the AI would put the cash to use to fill the holes they made when they were trying to save money (most likely due to a drop in size from Regional to Small due to company battles or just poor finances in general). If they didn't sign them to written deals or if they could and you have a working agreement you'll be fine. You helped them out with money and the AI did the smartest thing it could with it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, but it's not like there wasn't a horde of unemployed female talent they could have signed (though, to their credit, they did sign an AI generated rookie).</p><p> </p><p> The other big one? One AAA playthrough, I was considering hiring Mary Beth Chase. I decided to pass. A few months later, she died, and I felt bad. So, in my next QAW playthrough, I decided to pull a Quantum Leap and try to set right what had once gone wrong. I hired her, and she immediately turned into a negative influence.</p>

<p>I do the same. If there is a promotion I like that is losing money I give them some. An example would be in 91-92 both NJPW And AJPW were losing money. I loaned them money and now they are 3 and 4 behind WCW And I.</p><p> </p><p>

WCW is a powerhouse in my game though. Signing everyone to MEGA CONTRACTS and not using them</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, but it's not like there wasn't a horde of unemployed female talent they could have signed (though, to their credit, they did sign an AI generated rookie).<p> </p><p> The other big one? One AAA playthrough, I was considering hiring Mary Beth Chase. I decided to pass. A few months later, she died, and I felt bad. So, in my next QAW playthrough, I decided to pull a Quantum Leap and try to set right what had once gone wrong. I hired her, and she immediately turned into a negative influence.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> lol. At the same time you're a regional promotion in the mid-south, so another regional promotion hiring your (not at all exclusive) workers in the North West hardly hurts you at all.</p><p> </p><p> Especially if you're running 1-4 events per month on separate days.</p><p> </p><p> Talk about ruthless. You don't even want them increase their earning potential.......</p>

<p>I sign everyone with potential for quality to development. If they don't take a dev deal, I sign them written, give them a big bonus, then stick them in dev. This denies the talent to the rest of the world, my dev company has two brands, each with an A Show and B Show (hey, I don't have to book them...), so they tend to use most of the jabronis I send them. When my hand is finally forced, I cut them - usually I bring them to the main roster for 2-3 burials, and fire them if they don't walk out over it. They will also get "Major Defeat" in a few angle beatdowns. I am pretty ruthless. </p><p> </p><p>

Once, I was nice. Xavi Ferrara was becoming a backstage terror because he was livid about being in development. So, I bring him up to the roster and it's good. I give him a bonus, and it's good. Then I have him win a match then lose two - boom, instant negative personality and he forms a clique with Earnest Youngman, Marv Statler, and Dean Waldorf. Earnest and The Generals now hate me, and have positive relationships with Xavi, and he's going Shawn Michaels on me. Not sure how I will solve it - I could fire Xavi but that runs the risk of upsetting Earnest and The Generals. I could remand him but the last time I tried, he didn't take it well and it upset his buddies. Ah well, them's the works!</p><p> </p><p>

Next time, I will give him "the treatment", that guy!!</p>

Archived