[C-Verse] What companies SHOULD have a Women's Division?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45700" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> fake but we as viewers still have to put blinders up and watch it as if it is real. Realistically not many women, if any, (Even the highly trained ones) would have a legitimate shot at beating a highly trained man in a fight. Sure there are exceptions to the rules.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ninety-percent of modern male wrestlers are not highly trained . There's a big difference between being trained in fake fighting and Judo. Yeah, it's unrealistic for Sarah York to beat Roy Edison but Nicky Champion ain't Roy Edison.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45700" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ninety-percent of modern male wrestlers are not highly trained . There's a big difference between being trained in fake fighting and Judo. Yeah, it's unrealistic for Sarah York to beat Roy Edison but Nicky Champion ain't Roy Edison.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hell, I think Ronda Rousey could whup half the active WWE male roster.</p><p> </p><p> As an aside, one of the things that makes me furious to this day is Awesome Kong's run in TNA. Every now and then, they'd have her in a stare down with someone like Abyss or Samoa Joe, and the crowd would just go electric at the thought of seeing them collide, since Kong didn't give up a whole lot of size.</p><p> </p><p> So, when they finally did Kong vs. a male wrestler who was it? Billy Flipping Gunn. And to win, there were shenanigans and a steel chair so Billy didn't look too bad. Really? REALLY? At this stage in his career, did Billy really need protecting? Did TNA think, "Well, we don't want to derail his massive push that will catapult him to stardom and put us at dominating the business</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, I digress. I mentioned it briefly in the OP, but I think WLW is another company that could pull of a women's division. Okay, yes, in the real world, Japan's wrestling is strictly divided. Of course, in the real world, there aren't as many companies at National levels as there are in the C-Verse. (And besides, the Thunderverse has one Japanese company with a women's division, so it's not like it's wholly without precedent in TEW.)</p><p> </p><p> Second, WLW is part of the Modern Japan Movement, which is all about adopting some Western wrestling traditions. Having a women's division is a natural progression of that, in my opinion.</p><p> </p><p> Finally, one of their male superstars has a female protege, so that's a plus.</p>

<p>I could also see ZEN adding more women. They already have Kallipoe on their roster and so could easily add several more women and keep it intendergender like they have it.</p><p> </p><p>

The hard part is, outside of Japan and North America, there are not a lot of women. I'd love to see Australia have a robust women's division of mostly women from that part of the world. With the rise of the Iiconics, Toni Storm, Madison Eagles, Emma, and more, I think it would be ripe for a small promotion to start in Australia that has a working agreement with 5SWW, or at least brings in Japanese women who aren't working for 5SWW on a regular basis (perhaps this can be the nexus for Alicia Strong).</p><p> </p><p>

EWA has women on their roster, but there aren't really enough women in Europe to create a compelling, dynamic women's roster or women's company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45700" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyway, I digress. I mentioned it briefly in the OP, but I think WLW is another company that could pull of a women's division. WLW is part of the Modern Japan Movement, which is all about adopting some Western wrestling traditions. Having a women's division is a natural progression of that, in my opinion. Finally, one of their male superstars has a female protege, so that's a plus.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> WLW to me is like DDT, even though I don't watch DDT much if any. Comedy, Juniors, a little bit of Westernism. Does DDT do much women's wrestling these days, or is it all restricted to TJP?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45700" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> EWA has women on their roster, but there aren't really enough women in Europe to create a compelling, dynamic women's roster or women's company.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's really, really difficult, but you do have enough women wrestlers in Europe to start a local company, and that's without any edits, like making some women available to work in Europe or getting Anna Ki back in the business.</p><p> </p><p> Now, you have to keep a careful eye on EWA, since they will schedule shows whenever, so if you hired their female talent, they'll go to that show instead.</p><p> </p><p> To grow the amount of talent, you'll need to keep an eye out for Japanese talents going on excursion, as well as graduates from the WWA: Europe dojo. Finally, if you can swing it, talent trades are an excellent way of getting some additional talent.</p><p> </p><p> As for the unemployed wrestlers who can work in Europe, Geena the Warrior Princess is great, provided she's not in Time Decline. Viv Jacobs is... well, she's a warm body to fill out the roster. Jeri Behr is great, and she's the one talent you absolutely know won't get picked up by EWA.</p>

Archived