Women's Championships

Hello. I am currently running a real world version of WWE but I don't like the brand split. I've never been a fan of it and I'd like to condense them into one brand. The problem is, I want to continue focusing heavily on the women and don't want just one title for them all to fight over.

What is the best suggestion on how to handle the RAW Women's Championship and Smackdown Women's Championship without outright saying one is above the other and without keeping those names? I'd like to change the RAW Women's Championship to just the Women's Championship (like it started) but I don't want to rename the SD Women's title to Divas title or anything of that sort, nor do I want a Women's Intercontinental title.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lita Maivia" data-cite="Lita Maivia" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hello. I am currently running a real world version of WWE but I don't like the brand split. I've never been a fan of it and I'd like to condense them into one brand. The problem is, I want to continue focusing heavily on the women and don't want just one title for them all to fight over.<p> </p><p> What is the best suggestion on how to handle the RAW Women's Championship and Smackdown Women's Championship without outright saying one is above the other and without keeping those names? I'd like to change the RAW Women's Championship to just the Women's Championship (like it started) but I don't want to rename the SD Women's title to Divas title or anything of that sort, nor do I want a Women's Intercontinental title.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So let me get this straight...</p><p> </p><p> You are trying to condense the women's division into one brand. And you want both titles. You want both titles to equal the same? Why though? 2 main event titles on one brand seems a little redundant. Either way if you want you can name it "WWE Queen of the Ring" or something.</p>

<p>Call one the WWE women's championship and call the other World/Global/International women's championship. </p><p> </p><p>

If you want my honest opinion having both big belts on the same show kinda doesn't work. If it were me I would unifiy them and then introduce a tag, and a floating singles and a mid card singles. I personally like having a 3 tier belt system if my roster is deep enough for it.</p>

My women's titles are already floating titles. I book them based on who is champion at the time, since the women's roster is much like the men's with varying levels of talent. Depending on who the champion is, that depends on where the title is booked on the show.

Neither title is particularly a main-event title unless the female holding it is at that level. I'm not looking to book both as main-event titles, but I'm trying to book realistically and I don't want to outright tell one of the champions that their title is second-rate.

Have you ever heard the expression, "The belt doesn't bring credibility to the champion, the champion brings credibility to the belt"? Well, in this game, that's pretty much how it works. If you don't want a belt to appear second rate, you're going to need to have first rate talent fighting over it.

<p>That's the whole point of this.</p><p> </p><p>

Right now the two titles are floating because with the women spread out amongst two brands it's a cluster of talent levels.</p><p> </p><p>

I am trying to bring everyone together so that I can realistically elevate one title over the other, but I don't want to do it in a way where I outright announce "This title is second-rate". I want it to be a natural progression of moving the female talent into divisions.</p><p> </p><p>

I've already changed my company from Women's Division to Integrated and then changed all the belts to Men's Only or Women's Only so that I can appropriately distinguish where the women belong at a glance. But I'm trying to rename the SD title to something that isn't an outright declaration of dropping down a level but that's essentially what will happen as the talent is re-organized.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lita Maivia" data-cite="Lita Maivia" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's the whole point of this.<p> </p><p> Right now the two titles are floating because with the women spread out amongst two brands it's a cluster of talent levels.</p><p> </p><p> I am trying to bring everyone together so that I can realistically elevate one title over the other, but I don't want to do it in a way where I outright announce "This title is second-rate". I want it to be a natural progression of moving the female talent into divisions.</p><p> </p><p> I've already changed my company from Women's Division to Integrated and then changed all the belts to Men's Only or Women's Only so that I can appropriately distinguish where the women belong at a glance. But I'm trying to rename the SD title to something that isn't an outright declaration of dropping down a level but that's essentially what will happen as the talent is re-organized.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As long as both belts have roughly the same prestige, these fictional characters will not care. If you really want there to be a tier without it appearing as one is second rate, make one and select the focus as Veterans, and the other as Youngsters.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lita Maivia" data-cite="Lita Maivia" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's the whole point of this.<p> </p><p> Right now the two titles are floating because with the women spread out amongst two brands it's a cluster of talent levels.</p><p> </p><p> I am trying to bring everyone together so that I can realistically elevate one title over the other, but I don't want to do it in a way where I outright announce "This title is second-rate". I want it to be a natural progression of moving the female talent into divisions.</p><p> </p><p> I've already changed my company from Women's Division to Integrated and then changed all the belts to Men's Only or Women's Only so that I can appropriately distinguish where the women belong at a glance. But I'm trying to rename the SD title to something that isn't an outright declaration of dropping down a level but that's essentially what will happen as the talent is re-organized.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why not make a WWE Luchadora division and turn the Smackdown! belt into the WWE Luchadora Title. Have the division feature fights under lucha rules (2/3 falls, etc.) and let competitors reflect the division name. </p><p> </p><p> A WWE Joshi title would work too. In that case, emphasize stiff work and MMA influenced striking.</p>

<p>Have a woman from UK/Japan/other foreign territory you focus on a bit win one title and rename it the Women's UK/Japan/other territory title.</p><p> </p><p>

The American champion with the other belt renames hers the US women's title.</p><p> </p><p>

Keep it that way until you know what one is the higher title and rename it the Women's World if you want to, or unify them for that at a Wrestlemania and introduce a new shiny midcard title for the rookies.</p>

<p>I take inspiration from the old NWA titles (since there were about 843 of them). </p><p> </p><p>

What I've done with my games is to retire both titles (usually after a unification match) and then give the winner of that the old WWE Womens championship to continue the title history that involves Fabulous Moolah, Wendi Richter, Trish, Lita, Chyna, Mickie, etc. Then I establish a secondary women's title which I borrow the old NWA names from. Various territories would have belts like the NWA Heritage or NWA National or NWA Americas title.</p>

<p>To sort of addd onto what someone else mentioned, I think having a generic womens title and then a specific style womens title a good idea. Sort of like old days in TNA when the world title and X division title were at the same prestige. In my opinion, I actually think for a little bit that the X division title was more prestigious than the world title. </p><p> </p><p>

Maybe have a womens title and then a No DQ/ Hardcore womens title or something? Or a lucha 2/3 falls title, or something like that. Hell, just ripoff TNA and call it the X womens title haha.</p>

You could also use time limits to distinguish them.

Your main title has no time limit, giving the better workers the time to build stories (kayfabe wise this is more a test of endurance and big match strategy).

Your secondary title has a 10 minute time limit, producing more all or nothing matches, less definitive finishers etc with most wins coming because of opponents mistakes rather than the winners excellence.

There's then an inbuilt story of progression / adjustment of moving to competing for one title to the other.

Archived