[RELEASE]A NEW TRUST: Real Life Mod Dec 1933

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Johnny Fenoli" data-cite="Johnny Fenoli" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46046" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where these dudes this popular nation and world wide back then?<p> I would have assumed it would have been very very regional.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wrestlers back then were super popular nationally. Some were regional stars, but others were nation-wide stars because of newspapers and the like. Guys like Strangler Lewis sold out all over the country -- because wrestling regionally was very popular so guys who got written about became very popular.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46046" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrestlers back then were super popular nationally. Some were regional stars, but others were nation-wide stars because of newspapers and the like. Guys like Strangler Lewis sold out all over the country -- because wrestling regionally was very popular so guys who got written about became very popular.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I often would see references to the big names in non sports articles. Everyone in the US knew Man Mountain Dean, Londos, Lewis ext. Definitely mainstream stars because of the newspaper coverage.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bizzo2k" data-cite="bizzo2k" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46046" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>re-uploaded. let me know if it still shows corrupt for you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Still corrupt. Can you upload the file without raring it up?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Johnny Fenoli" data-cite="Johnny Fenoli" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46046" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where these dudes this popular nation and world wide back then?<p> I would have assumed it would have been very very regional.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> "The Golden Greek" Jim Londos was a huge draw during his day, and one of the largest in the 20th century.</p>

<p>Those with corruption issues. Let's try this:</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkdhb96vpk2bpb5/TEW2016.mdb/file" rel="external nofollow">Main File</a> - not compressed at all.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/yga3sw7d5ihady7/Dec1933.zip/file" rel="external nofollow">Picture Pack</a> - In Zip form</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/igalak42v629438/Depressions.zip/file" rel="external nofollow">Skin</a> In Zip form</p>

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow.. just... WOW!!

Where these dudes this popular nation and world wide back then?

I would have assumed it would have been very very regional.

I am so late to the party.... but going to put my two cents in it as well. I at one time was going to do a mod that was even earlier but when I started on the actual work found that TEW (back then) didn't let you start earlier than 1900. I was going to start around 1880 or 1890, and not have much in the way of promotions to start, mainly trying to give the carnival day feel. Then start with The Gold Dust Trio as a national Promotion around 1919, bringing in all the territorial promotions at the most accurate times I could find them starting. So I did quite a bit of research on it, as well as quite a few of the same websites (if not all of them) that bizzo mentions in the OP.

I will say you are correct in the MAJORITY of the wrestlers back then... but those guys I don't think your going to find much (if anything) about. When you are talking 1.4k people, your talking only the most popular.

So I concur on all of these answers to your question.

All the biggest feds are Regional. Since most of the big stars traveled so much they had celebrity more than the feds.

Im playing a multiplayer game in it that last year and we haven't got anyone above regional. Plus there is no TV coverage, only radio.

I want to emphasize the fact that almost all the names were more famous than any actual wrestling promotion that was out back then.

Wrestlers back then were super popular nationally. Some were regional stars, but others were nation-wide stars because of newspapers and the like. Guys like Strangler Lewis sold out all over the country -- because wrestling regionally was very popular so guys who got written about became very popular.

People like Ed The Strangler Lewis were popular overseas as well, same with Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt, etc. and their fame started a generation before this mod. There was the "Catch as Can" competitions and such (Oh god... I haven't looked at this stuff in over a decade..possibly two), radio would be getting more and more popular before the TV era, heck FM radio was right around the corner (1939 or so).

I often would see references to the big names in non sports articles. Everyone in the US knew Man Mountain Dean, Londos, Lewis ext. Definitely mainstream stars because of the newspaper coverage.
Facts! And radio... The 1880 one I wanted to do wouldn't have had (much in the way of) radio yet, but this mod, radio was alive and well at this time. Don't forget this is after the Roaring 20s, and music come from all over the world. Wrestling had gotten a bit lost earlier because people figured out it was fake/rigged, but by this time it was starting to thrive again. Toot's Mondt was well on his way to helping develop the WWF.

"The Golden Greek" Jim Londos was a huge draw during his day, and one of the largest in the 20th century.

Facts!

Downloading this now, I'm very hyped didn't see it, and lucky me for something to bide my time till May or whenever this newer version kicks off.

I mean... especially after reading D16NJD16 post, I have to try this out.

All the files still download if anyone's still interested and late like me.

• 2 months later...