Smokey Mountain Wrestling- The New Partnership

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Theheel" data-cite="Theheel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>SMW Beat the Champ TV Title Match<p> <strong>Tracy Smothers</strong> © vs. Lance Storm</p><p> Comments:<strong>I think Smothers gets the win and then gets his shot at the title</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Jericho</strong> vs. Bobby Blaze</p><p> Comments:<strong>Bobby is enhancement, Jericho gets the win and looks to do bigger and better things</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bull Pain</strong> vs. Chris Hamrick</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> The New OG's vs. <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong></p><p> Comments:<strong>Not a big baby face fan but they two were great albeit past their prime. The Express lost the title match so I’m probably picking the wrong team, but nostalgia rules</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>As far as the alliance and the ever expanding group, I understand why you have it set the way you do, it’s a money thing. I’d probably downplay the money grab side of it and explore what you can do with it in the ring. </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> As far as shows I’d probably do a monthly show of some kind, whether it’s a super house show (or a clash of champions type event) but use it to build to your every other month big show. So 6 ppv quality events and 6 2nd tier events that hopefully bring in money, up your pop etc. The NWA clashes were basically used (besides tv ratings for WTBS) as a way to advance things and set things for the bigger ppv type event.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> I’m a big believer in the main title being defended every 30 days (I’m old school) and since your not just running a month show but have weekly tv shows I’d have the title defended at least once a month even if it’s against a mid card guy or lower mid card that isn’t going to win. Especially with a heel champion. Bring in someone from one of the alliance members to challenge on a tv show. Not too often but if on your monthly event you want the champ in a tag match, then your still defending the title once a month.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A couple questions based on what you said, is there a way to change the Alliance name? Southeast Wrestling Alliance just doesn't quite fit anymore. And on that note, I do have big plans for the Alliance. I already have a World Title and Tag Team titles planned for the Alliance, of which I plan on having both tournaments as part of my monthly big shows, but I'm also looking for a third, maybe a fourth title. Any suggestions there? What I'm thinking is having every other month be more of an alliance event hosted by SMW, with a few SMW only matches on the show, and then the other 6 months have an SMW only event. What do you think about that idea?</p>

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple questions based on what you said, is there a way to change the Alliance name? Southeast Wrestling Alliance just doesn't quite fit anymore. And on that note, I do have big plans for the Alliance. I already have a World Title and Tag Team titles planned for the Alliance, of which I plan on having both tournaments as part of my monthly big shows, but I'm also looking for a third, maybe a fourth title. Any suggestions there? What I'm thinking is having every other month be more of an alliance event hosted by SMW, with a few SMW only matches on the show, and then the other 6 months have an SMW only event. What do you think about that idea?

I believe you can go into the in games editor selecting “edit data” and then selecting “alliances” to bring it up. Should be able to change the name there.

As far as titles, maybe a North American (US title is used so much and you have outside US members) which would be a step below your world title. If you wanted a 4th title then maybe Jr Heavyweight, 6 man tag, or women’s championship (although the 90’s was not a great time for women’s wrestling. Only a few good options in the US there.). My preference would be a jr Heavy/cruiserweight title as there are really a lot of good workers to fit that belt.

Yes that would break it up if you did it that way. You can have something in the alliance even (angle, match) that would build to your every other month “big event” for SMW. Just remember if your bringing people in that your fans are not familiar with the event scores will not be as high, but you gotta start getting them familiar with other workers someway

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>SMW TV</strong></p><p><strong> Wednesday, Week 1, August 1994</strong></p><p><strong> Jefferson County Fairgrounds- Jefferson City, TN</strong></p><p><strong> Show Announcers: Bob Caudle and Corey Maclin</strong></p><p><strong> Show Attendance: 2,000</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 1</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The show opens with Jimmy Jack Funk and Dirty Dick Slater coming out to address their actions at SMW Summer Blast. Slater did most of the talking, saying that him and the Funks go back a long way, and that Terry called in a favor. Knowing that it was 4 Armstrong, 2 Funks, Dirty Dick called up Jimmy Jack, the little known brother of the Funk Family, and convinced him to come back and help. Jimmy Jack then took the mic and said it was an honor to help out, and that what happened to the Armstrongs at SMW Summer Blast was just the beginning. (77)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 2</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The first match of this edition of SMW TV saw <strong>Bull Pain</strong> taking on <strong>Chris Hamrick</strong>. Bull was quite upset at not winning the battle royale at SMW Summer Blast, and he took it out on poor Hamrick in what turned into a squash match. Mr. Pain <span style="text-decoration:underline;">finished off Hamrick with a Power Bomb at the 3:59 mark</span> to get the easy win. (46)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 3</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle</strong> left the announcer booth to interview the <strong>Dirty White Girl</strong> to see how she was feeling after being sandwiched in-between left hooks at SMW Summer Blast. DWG said she had felt better, and that she was very pissed off. She said while it's always nice to be in a love triangle, that if it was going to result in her being a victim of violence, she wanted no part, and said she wanted nothing to do with <strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> or <strong>Scott Stud</strong> at the moment. This enraged DWB who came out to interrupt. "Woman, you are my wife, and you do as I say, tell that loser Scott Stud to kiss off, and take care of me." Stud came out, and yet another brawl ensued. This time, DWG avoided contact, but it took a lot of members of the locker room to separate the 2 men. (65)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 4</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our next match saw <strong>Chris Jericho</strong> taking on <strong>Bobby Blaze</strong> in a decent match. Jericho made up for missing SMW Summer Blast with a nice display and was clearly the better performer here. He <span style="text-decoration:underline;">put the Liontamer on Blaze at the 6:53 mark</span> to get the submission. (53)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 5</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was time for our weekly <span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW Beat The Champ Television Title Match</span> between the champion <strong>Tracy Smothers</strong> and a very worthy challenger in <strong>Lance Storm</strong>. The match itself was actually on the disappointing side, as it felt like both competitors were holding back. Experience won out against youth though, as <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Smothers hit the Jaw Jacker on Storm and pinned him at the 9:27 mark</span> to make successful defense #5 of his title. (44)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 6</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This prompted <strong>Jim Cornette</strong> to come to the ring with a mic. "Smothers, you know the rules. That's 5 defenses in a row. You have a decision to make. You can give up the TV title and fight for the SMW or SMW Tag Titles, or you can try to make 5 more defenses. I need to know by the end of the week." Smothers took the mic. "Cornette, I don't need til the end of the week, this southern boy made his decision a long time ago. You see, everybody remembers when Jake Roberts attacked me a few weeks ago? Well if you don't, I sure do. It's been a fun ride, but..."" Smothers then handed Cornette the SMW Television Title. "I want Jake "The Snake" Roberts for the SMW Title, so I can not only take that title, but dish out some payback!!" The crowd roared it's approval, and Cornette said an announcement would be made on the future of the TV Title soon. (71)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 7</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the main event, we had a tag team match between <strong>The New OG's</strong> and <strong>The Rock 'N' Roll Express</strong>. Again, experience over youth in this one, as the crowd was hyped and the match had some decent wrestling. The Express dominated the match, using their great tag team chemistry, and when it looked like they were about to finish off D-Lo Brown, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mustapha got his team disqualified by using a foreign object</span> to end the show. (59)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Final Show Rating: 61</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Thoughts from the Prodigy</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Well, another solid show. I may have to reign back the ratings on my tv shows a little bit though, as the popularity of SMW increased in 2 regions. Either that, or I'm going to have to branch out and take SMW to same regions that aren't as popular. At the advice of others, I'm no longer trying for cult status anytime soon. However, if the shows keep pulling good ratings, I may get there. The finish of the show was not what I wanted. Although, like TheHeel, I'm sentimental to the R 'n' R Express, I actually booked them to lose the match, because I really want to push D-Lo. Mustapha I don't care about, but D-Lo is a future talent. Unfortunately, Gibson was having none of it, and I still need the Express at their best. No big though, even with the screwy ending, things turned out great.</p>

<p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Breaking News!</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

SMW Founder and Co-Owner Jim Cornette has officially come to terms with 7 other promotions to create the North American Wrestling Alliance. For title and show purposes, the alliance will simply be known as NAW.</p><p> </p><p>

The companies involved are:</p><p> </p><p>

SMW (Southeast USA)</p><p>

AAA (Mexico)</p><p>

Border City Wrestling (Canada)</p><p>

Global Wrestling Federation (Mid-South USA)</p><p>

Southern States Wrestling (Southeast USA)</p><p>

United States Wrestling Association (Southeast USA)</p><p>

Universal Wrestling Association (Mexico)</p><p>

World Wrestling Council (Puerto Rico)</p><p> </p><p>

It is expected that as the founders of the Alliance, SMW will host most of the Alliance shows and Title Matches. Jim Cornette will oversee the NAW shows, leaving "The Prodigy" in charge of the SMW shows. 2 titles are already in the works, the NAW Title and the NAW Tag Team Titles. Cornette has invited all the tag team champions and major champions of each promotion to come to SMW for SMW/NAW Inception, to participate in title tournaments. SMW/NAW Inception will be held <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">This Coming Saturday!</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

The following champions are expected to participate in the NAW Tournament, of which the Quarterfinals and Semifinals will be held at SMW/NAW Inception:</p><p> </p><p>

Jake Roberts (SMW)</p><p>

Butch Reed (GWF)</p><p>

Eddie Guerrero (AAA)</p><p>

Mickey Doyle (BCW)</p><p>

Doug Gilbert (SSW)</p><p>

Jerry "The King" Lawler (USWA)</p><p>

Villano IV (UWA)</p><p>

Dutch Mantel (WWC)</p><p> </p><p>

First Round Match-ups are as follows:</p><p> </p><p>

Roberts vs. Guerrero</p><p>

Reed vs. Doyle</p><p>

Mantel vs. Gilbert</p><p>

Lawler vs. Villano IV</p><p> </p><p>

The finals of this tournament will be held at SMW/NAW Championship Night, on a date TBD.</p><p> </p><p>

For the NAW Tag Team Title Tournament, the SSW and WWC have declined their bids as they currently do not have Tag Team Champions and didn't deem any team worthy to come. Also, Jim Cornette has rejected the AAA Tag Team Champions, Fuerza and Juventud Guerrera, as it would have cost almost $20,000 to loan them, and Cornette said thanks but no thanks. Because of that, SMW will get 2 tag teams in this tournament, and Cornette said it is only fair that they meet in the First Round. The teams involved are:</p><p> </p><p>

Brian Lee and Chris Candido (SMW)</p><p>

The Rock 'n' Roll Express (SMW)</p><p>

Johnny Paradise and Scotty Summers (BCW)</p><p>

Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy (GWF)</p><p>

PG-13 (Wolfie D and JC Ice) (USWA)</p><p>

El Signo and Scorpio, Jr. (UWA)</p><p> </p><p>

The First Round match-ups are as follows:</p><p> </p><p>

Lee and Candido vs. Rock 'n' Roll Express</p><p>

PG-13 vs. Paradise and Summers</p><p>

Garvin and Gordy vs. Signo and Scorpio, Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

The 3 winning teams will compete in a 3 team elimination match at SMW/NAW Championship Night.</p><p> </p><p>

Also in the works are the NAW North American Title, of which Cornette will invite Mid-Card champions of each promotion, as well as an NAW Junior Heavyweight Title, which is making Cornette pull his hair out, as AAA has a Cruiserweight, Light Heavyweight, and Middleweight Champion. "How the hell am I supposed to decide which of those champs to invite? They don't have a normal heavyweight champion, so instead of inviting a champ, I invited Guerrero. Now I have to choose between the 3 Junior Heavyweight type champs? That is nuts. Nuts I tell ya! It is being said that the relationship between SMW and AAA is already tense because of these developments.</p>

<p><strong>SMW/NAW Inception Preview</strong></p><p> </p><p>

I'm not going to do a detailed preview as the tournament brackets were revealed, but I will note 1 thing:</p><p> </p><p>

Eddie Guerrero was not available for the show, so the AAA will not have a representative in either tournament, and they may not last long in the alliance. The Prodigy and Jim Cornette have chosen Scott Stud to take Guerrero's place (there's a reason for this).</p><p> </p><p>

Here is the match list:</p><p> </p><p>

NAW Title Tournament Quarterfinal</p><p>

Jake Roberts vs. Scott Stud</p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

Butch Reed vs. Mickey Doyle</p><p>

Dutch Mantel vs. Doug Gilbert</p><p>

Jerry Lawler vs. Villano IV</p><p>

NAW Tag Title Tournament First Round</p><p>

Brian Lee and Chris Candido vs. The Rock 'n' Roll Express</p><p>

PG-13 vs. Johnny Paradise and Scotty Summers</p><p>

Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy vs. El Signo and Scorpio, Jr.</p><p>

NAW Title Tournament Semifinal:</p><p>

Roberts/Stud vs. Reed/Doyle</p><p>

Mantel/Gilbert vs. Lawler/Villano IV</p><p>

Also, feel free to make predictions on the first ever NAW Champ and NAW Tag Team Champs.</p><p> </p><p>

I am looking to run this mega show on Monday as I won't be available most of the weekend, so hopefully I'll get a few comments and predictions!</p>

<p>Instead of “reigning in your tv ratings” if you are getting close to moving up in size and your not ready too. Then just adjust the company cap in the settings. I don’t know what it is set at, but you can change your max size in the in game editor. I would recommend that as opposed to changing your tv show. You can always increase it later</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

SMW/NAW Inception Preview</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Here is the match list:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jake Roberts</strong> vs. Scott Stud</p><p>

Comments: <strong>as long as Jake is clean, Scott doesn’t belong in the ring with him</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Butch Reed</strong> vs. Mickey Doyle</p><p>

Comments: <strong>Actually one of the guys that I always thought should be more. Not the WWF version where he was “The Natural”, butReed was talented</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dutch Mantel </strong>vs. Doug Gilbert</p><p>

Comments:<strong>Another guy I always liked was the Dirty Dutchman from Oil Trough Texas</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jerry Lawler</strong> vs. Villano IV</p><p>

Comments:<strong>Long live The King</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brian Lee and Chris Candido vs. <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong></p><p>

Comments: <strong>Lee and Candido retained the Smokey Mt Tag titles because Hoit didn’t want to do business. RnR go over clean here </strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>PG-13</strong> vs. Johnny Paradise and Scotty Summers</p><p>

<strong>Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy</strong> vs. El Signo and Scorpio, Jr.</p><p>

Comments: <strong>Bam Bam carries them to a win</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Roberts vs. <strong>Reed</strong></p><p>

Comments: <strong>Im gonna take a Hacksaw Reed to win the tourney</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mantel</strong> vs. Lawler</p><p>

Comments:<strong>Renewal of a love hate relationship. I’ll take Dutch to keep Lawler from winning a 2nd world title </strong></p><p> </p><p>

Also, feel free to make predictions on the first ever NAW Champ and NAW Tag Team Champs.</p><p>

<strong>My thoughts are Reed for the World title and the makeshift Freebirds of Gordy and Garvin for the tag</strong></p><p> </p><p>

I am looking to run this mega show on Monday as I won't be available most of the weekend, so hopefully I'll get a few comments and predictions!</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>SMW/NAW Inception</strong></p><p><strong> Saturday, Week 1, August 1994</strong></p><p><strong> Knoxville Civic Coliseum- Knoxville, TN</strong></p><p><strong> Show Announcers: Bob Caudle, Corey Maclin, Jim Cornette </strong></p><p><strong> Show Attendance: 4,115</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 1</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Jim Cornette</strong> opened the event by talking about the matches tonight, the first couple rounds of the NAW Title Tournament and the First Round of the NAW Tag Title Tournament. He said there would be a lot of talent from other promotions, some famous, some not well known at all. He said he expected this to be the start of a great series of alliances events. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to get things going! So if you don't mind, I'm going to the broadcast booth to join my friends Bob and Corey." (73)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 2</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The first match of the evening was an NAW Title Tournament Quarterfinal between <strong>Dutch Mantel</strong> and <strong>Doug Gilbert</strong>. It was a solid opening match, although Gilbert seemed a little off his game. Even then, his ring performance was better, but the savvy veteran Mantel <span style="text-decoration:underline;">scored the pinfall at the 11:03 mark</span> to advance to the semifinals. (59)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 3</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> came out to address the crowd, saying they were thankful to Mr. Cornette for giving them this opportunity to compete in the NAW Tag Team Title Tournament. They were also looking forward to beating their opponents tonight. Morton said that Lee and Candido "may have got the best of us at SMW Summer Blast, but tonight will be a different story." (63)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 4</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our next match in the NAW Title Tournament featured <strong>Butch Reed</strong> taking on <strong>Mickey Doyle</strong>. To the surprise of not many, Reed used his superior power to turn this into basically a squash match, but not quite. Doyle got in a few offensive moves, but it was clear this one was over from the start, as <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Reed got Doyle into a Gorilla Press Slam to get the pin at the 4:26 mark</span> to advance to the semifinals. (44)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 5</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As <strong>Scott Stud</strong> got ready to take the ring for his match against <strong>Jake Roberts</strong>, he was attacked from behind by <strong>Dirty White Boy</strong>. By the time security got out to stop the attack, it was clear to everyone that Stud would not be able to compete. Roberts grabbed the mic. "Cornette, get your sorry ass up here and raise my hand. Stud can't compete, that means I win by forfeit. Get up here!" Cornette slowly made his way to the ring. "As much as I hate to do it (saying it as quickly as possible) Roberts wins by forfeit." Cornette scurried from the ring, highly upset, as Roberts smirked on the way back to the locker room. (68)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 6</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our final match in the Quarterfinals of the NAW Title Tournament would see <strong>Jerry Lawler</strong> taking on <strong>Villano IV</strong>. 2 very seasoned veterans made for a solid match, although the match note to work the crowd was unnecessary, as the crowd was already hot. This took away from the match a bit, as Lawler played to the crowd like he always does. He did finally <span style="text-decoration:underline;">put away Villano IV with his patented Flying Fist Drop at the 8:51 mark</span> to advance to a semifinal match with Dutch Mantel. (47)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 7</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The singles competitors took a break as we moved to the NAW Tag Team Title Tournament First Round, starting with <strong>PG-13</strong> taking on <strong>Johnny Paradise and Scotty Summers</strong>. The crowd was decently involved in the match, but the match itself, wasn't that great. PG-13 dominated for most of it, and <span style="text-decoration:underline;">JC Ice hit the Flying Leg Drop on Paradise to get the pin at the 11:47 mark</span> as PG-13 advanced to the NAW Tag Team Title 3 Way Dance Championship Match. (46)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 8</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Next we saw the team of <strong>Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy</strong> taking on <strong>El Signo and Scorpio, Jr.</strong> Gordy was clearly the best in-ring competitor here, as the other 3 were just in the background most of the time. This is why <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Gordy was able to make El Signo tap out at the 9:26 mark to an Asiatic Spike</span> as Garvin and Gordy will join PG-13 at Championship Night to fight for the NAW Tag Team Titles. (60)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 9</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our final tag team match of the night saw 2 SMW teams going at it as <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> took on <strong>Brian Lee and Chris Candido w/Tammy Fytch</strong>. This was a fantastic match with great heat, no big surprise as the crowd was very familiar with both teams. Morton promised the outcome would be different this time, and after a very back and forth match, Morton's prediction came true as <span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Express were able to hit a Double Dropkick and Morton pinned Lee at the 11:45 mark</span> as the R 'n' R Express became the final team in the 3 team elimination match that will determine the first ever NAW Tag Team Champions. (64)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 10</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was time for the NAW Title Tournament semifinals, starting with <strong>Jerry Lawler</strong> taking on <strong>Dutch Mantel</strong>. Again, 2 seasoned veterans made for a solid match, although Lawler was head and shoulders above on in-ring performance. As per usual, Lawler continued to play to the crowd, but decided enough was enough, as <span style="text-decoration:underline;">he finished off Mantel for the pin at the 9:33 mark</span>, advancing to the NAW Title Match. (61)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 11</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Our main event of the evening saw <strong>Jake Roberts</strong> taking on <strong>Butch Reed</strong>. While Roberts got a forfeit win to get here, Reed did have to compete earlier on, although he made short work of his opponent. With both men pretty well rested, it made for a good match. Roberts dominated early on, using every trick in the book to keep Reed down. Yet somehow he managed to avoid disqualification. After about 14 minutes of this, <strong>Tracy Smothers</strong> had enough. He came out to the ramp holding a microphone. </p><p> </p><p> "Hey Roberts, listen to me, you SOB. How about you try winning a match fair for once. No cheap shots, no attacks from behind. I bet you can't do it. When we wrestle, I'm gonna cut the head off the snake, permanently." This distraction was enough to get Reed back into the match. With referee "The Prodigy" trying to usher Smothers back to the locker room, Reed pulled a foreign object out of his trunks saying "2 can play at that game". When Roberts turned around, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">he was blasted with the object, knocking him out. Reed covered, the Prodigy hustled back into the ring.. 1....2....3!</span> Reed advances to the NAW Title Match to take on Jerry Lawler, while Cornette can't stop laughing in the announce booth, and the event comes to an end with Roberts just waking up, very unhappy. (61)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Final Show Rating: 60</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Thoughts from the Prodigy</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> A good show, I'm ok with the results. I furthered the 2 big storylines going on in the company right now, got the R 'n' R Express back in the title hunt. I think it was a great debut show for our alliance. I was told I used Paradise and Summers too much, but ya know what? I won't be using them again, so I don't see a problem there. Unfortunately, the show was not without incident, as we did have one performer that was under the influence of alcohol and drugs tonight. The good news.. it wasn't Jake Roberts! It wasn't even an SMW guy. More on that later. A good show. Now I have to move on and help Mr. Cornette find our guys for our next SMW/NAW Show, which will feature the NAW North American Title and the NAW Jr. Heavyweight Title. Oh yeah, I also praised Morton and Roberts for their performance. With their morales down, they both seemed pleased. I also gave Chris Candido a shout out, I see big things in his future. He was pleased too.</p>

August 1994, Week 1, News and Notes

-- SMW TV got a 0.05 rating this week.

-- SMW/NAW Inception got positive reviews, as the fans liked the star power that was on the show.

-- The Prodigy spoke with Wolfie D, as well as Summers and Paradise after the show. All were upset that JC Ice wrestled under the influence. He apologized on behalf of the alliance, and told Wolfie D that I would not allow JC Ice to compete at SMW/NAW Championship Night next month. He said that he just could not allow a non-SMW member to compete under the influence again at an alliance show. He gave Wolfie D the option to find a new partner to wrestler for the NAW Tag Team Titles, or he could forfeit the opportunity. It's being said that Wolfie D will make his decision in the near future.

-- Eddie Guerrero, who is being borrowed, was not able to appear at SMW/NAW Inception, and will be making an appearance on SMW TV next week.

-- The next SMW hosted Alliance event will take place in Week 4 of this month, and it will feature the NAW North American Title and the NAW Junior Heavyweight Title.

SMW TV (August 1994, Week 2) Preview

The Prodigy and Jim Cornette have decided to have an 8 man tournament for the vacant SMW Beat The Champ Television Title. The following wrestlers were randomly drawn to compete. Bull Pain, Dick Slater, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Anthony Michaels, Chris Hamrick, D-Lo Brown. The 8th slot will be filled by Eddie Guerrero. Then matches were randomly drawn, please look at the match card below to see the 4 Quarterfinal matches, that will take place on this weeks edition of SMW TV.

Due to the events of SMW/NAW Inception, Cornette has hired local authorities to keep Jake Roberts out of the building. The reason being, he will be interviewing Tracy Smothers and will be setting a date for the SMW Title Match between Smothers and Roberts.

All this, and maybe more, on this weeks edition of SMW TV.

SMW TV Title Tournament Quarterfinal:

Anthony Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

Match Notes:

Chris Hamrick vs. Bull Pain

Match Notes:

Eddie Guerrero vs. D-Lo Brown

Match Notes:

Lance Storm vs. Dick Slater

Match Notes:

Also please feel free to predict who you think will be the next SMW TV champion. I plan on running this show Monday, as I will have a very busy weekend, and I will run it on Monday for sure.

Anthony Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

Match Notes:

Chris Hamrick vs. Bull Pain

Match Notes:

Eddie Guerrero vs. D-Lo Brown

Match Notes:

Lance Storm vs. Dick Slater

Match Notes:

Well in my mind a young Eddie Guerrero would be my pick but he isn’t a full time roster member yet (at least I don’t think he is). He wasn’t available for the last event so not sure I’d put a title on a guy I can’t depend on. So then it would be in my mind Jericho or Tricky Dicky Slater. I’ll Take Slater in an upset

• 2 weeks later...
<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>SMW TV</strong></p><p><strong> Wednesday, Week 2, August 1994</strong></p><p><strong> Jefferson County Fairgrounds- Jefferson City, TN</strong></p><p><strong> Show Announcers: Bob Caudle and Corey Maclin</strong></p><p><strong> Show Attendance: 2,000</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This show would be dedicated to the <span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW Beat The Champ Television Title Tournament</span>. Our first quarterfinal would see <strong>Anthony Michaels</strong> taking on <strong>Chris Jericho</strong>. It was a pretty solid match to open the show, but Jericho showed why he is destined for greatness, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">getting the Liontamer on Michaels and getting him to tap out at the 6:47 mark!</span> (51)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our next quarterfinal match saw <strong>Bull Pain</strong> taking on <strong>Chris Hamrick</strong>. Pain used his power throughout much of the match, and although Hamrick tried to fight back, Pain was just too much, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Powerbombing Hamrick for the pin at the 6:07 mark.</span> (50)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Next up was <strong>Jim Cornette</strong>, who announced that <strong>Tracy Smothers</strong> would get his shot at the SMW Title at the next SMW/NAW event, taking place in just over 3 weeks. While the event has yet to be named, Cornette said that he would not allow Smothers to have contact with <strong>Jake Roberts</strong> until the match took place. He also ruled that if Smothers initiated contact, he would forfeit his opportunity for the title, and that if Roberts initiated contact, he would be stripped of the SMW Title on the spot. Smothers then came out and said "Cornette, I got now problem waiting 3 weeks to get my hands on that piece of human garbage." He also said he hasn't forgotten about that sneak attack DDT a few weeks ago, and was looking forward to revenge. (70)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our third quarterfinal match saw <strong>Lance Storm</strong> taking on <strong>Dirty Dick Slater</strong>. The veteran Slater showed signs of dominance, but Storm used his ring smarts and quickness to keep Slater off balance. It didn't take long for Slater to take control again, and just when it looked like he was about to finish young Storm off, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Brian James Armstrong charged the ring and started landing haymakers on Slater!</span> This result in Slater getting a disqualification victory. (60)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After finally getting Armstrong calmed down and Slater out of the ring, Armstrong demanded a microphone. "Slater, Funks, this sh*t done got personal! I'm making it my goal to take out each and every one of you scumbags, and I don't care if my brothers or my daddy wanna help, I'll take you out myself. Next week, right here on SMW TV. One of you MFers accept my challenge! (75)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our final match of the evening saw <strong>Eddie Guerrero</strong> taking on <strong>D-Lo Brown</strong>. Guerrero was clearly the better performer in the ring, but D-Lo was a tough opponent. He used every trick in the book to try to gain an advantage, and the finish came when <span style="text-decoration:underline;">D-Lo rolled Guerrero up and held the tights to get the pin!</span> (60)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Final Show Rating: 63</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Thoughts from the Prodigy</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Another outstanding show! Granted, I could use less over stars and put on shows that wouldn't get nearly as good of ratings, but money is good right now thanks to the alliance, and I expect it to continue. As for the Guerrero and D-Lo match, I really wanted to book Guerrero to win, but with him not being an active member of the SMW roster, I basically had no choice but to book D-Lo. Don't get me wrong, D-Lo is going to be a great talent in the future, but Guerrero's in-ring performance might have been better than anybody else that has wrestled in SMW. I'm happy with things and we have some great semifinal matches set up for the SMW Beat the Champ Television Title Tournament.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">August 1994, Week 2, News and Notes</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-- SMW TV got another 0.05 rating this week.</p><p> </p><p>

-- ECW Hardcore Heaven 1994 aired this week on the MSG network. The main event saw Shane Douglas defeat Jimmy Snuka to retain the ECW Title. </p><p> </p><p>

-- Chris Hamrick sustained Chronic Upper Back Pain on this weeks SMW TV show. The injury is expected to last about 2 months, but Hamrick said he will work through it.</p><p> </p><p>

-- Charles Robinson has been hired as a 2nd referee, in large part to help with the big monthly events, whether they are strictly an SMW event, or an SMW/NAW event. It is being said that a 3rd referee may be hired as well.</p><p> </p><p>

-- Anthony Michaels looks to be on his way out of SMW, as his contract is up soon, and Cornette or the Prodigy don't seem to be in any hurry to renew it. With a surplus of talent available in the company already, and with Michaels not being a big factor in the company, it is likely he will be let go.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW TV (August 1994, Week 3) Preview</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-- The Semifinals of the SMW Beat The Champ Television Title Tournament will take place this week. The first semifinal will see <strong>Chris Jericho</strong> taking on <strong>Bull Pain</strong>, with the second semifinal seeing <strong>Dick Slater</strong> take on <strong>D-Lo Brown</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

-- In an exciting Six Man Tag match that will see 2 rivalries being renewed at once, the SMW Tag Team Champions <strong>Brian Lee and Chris Candido</strong> will be teaming with <strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> to take on the <strong>Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> and their tag team partner, <strong>Scott Stud</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

-- Last week on SMW TV, <strong>Brian James Armstrong</strong> made his return by attacking Slater. He said he wanted all 4 members of the Funk and Goons family. With Slater already wrestling this week, <strong>Jimmy Jack Funk</strong> has stepped up to take the challenge in what will be this weeks SMW TV Main Event.</p><p> </p><p>

-- <strong>Jim Cornette</strong> will have more news regarding the next SMW/NAW Event. It is being said that the event finally has a name, and we will hopefully get more info on both the NAW North American Title Tournament and the NAW Junior Heavyweight Title Tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

-- <strong>Bob Caudle</strong> will be interviewing <strong>Dirty White Girl</strong> about her thoughts on the Dirty White Boy/Scott Stud feud. Will she commit to one man over the other? Will she continue to be caught in the middle? All this and possibly more on the next edition of SMW TV.</p><p> </p><p>

SMW TV Title Tournament Semifinal</p><p>

Chris Jericho vs. Bull Pain</p><p>

Match Notes:</p><p> </p><p>

Dick Slater vs. D-Lo Brown</p><p>

Brian Lee, Chris Candido, and Dirty White Boy vs. The Rock 'n' Roll Express and Scott Stud</p><p>

Brian James Armstrong vs. Jimmy Jack Funk</p><p>

I am planning on running this show on Thursday. If all goes well I would like to start running a show every 2-3 days. Knock on wood, but that is my plan, at least for as long as I can.</p>

<p>SMW TV Title Tournament Semifinal</p><p>

<strong>Chris Jericho</strong> vs. Bull Pain</p><p>

<strong>Dick Slater</strong> vs. D-Lo Brown</p><p>

<strong>Brian Lee, Chris Candido, and Dirty White Boy</strong> vs. The Rock 'n' Roll Express and Scott Stud</p><p>

<strong>Brian James Armstrong</strong> vs. Jimmy Jack Funk</p><p>

Match Notes:</p>

• 3 weeks later...
Guys, I sincerely apologize for the lack of posts in the past few weeks, I was unexpectedly hired for a new job, and I've been doing some heavy training. Between that, bad storms which took the internet out, and coaching 2 baseball teams, I have literally had no free time, and barely time to sleep. I hope people are still following as I do plan on finishing this. I hope to get a post or 2 in next week. Thanks for your patience.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, I have good news, and bad news.

The good news is I'm ready to start working on a dynasty report again. The bad news is that I will be starting from scratch. I had a separate computer that I had my SMW save on, which was the only thing I ever used the computer for, because I didn't want to lose the save. Unfortunately, in a series of bad storms in my area recently, I lost both the computer and the save. So my SMW dynasty is gone. I've had to go back to my regular computer and hope for the best.

However, the good news is, I can start a new save, with a new mod. I've reached out to a couple people about mod ideas, then I found a mod that really interested me: The WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2018 spinoff by Fleisch, in which each WWE brand (RAW, Smackdown, NXT, NXT: UK) is a separate company. There's also a new company called WWE Evolution that has taken the women's wrestling out of RAW and Smackdown and put all of them in the WWE Evolution brand. So, I will be starting a dynasty with that mod very soon. Thanks for your understanding, and I think I have everything set up so that if we do have more bad storms, everything will be protected (which I should have had done anyways). Oops! Thanks again for your patience, I will have a new dynasty going soon.

Archived