The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

I like the idea of Chuck vs. Miro and the overall direction, will be nice to get plenty of Chucky T and the OC during Trent's injury lay off.

Wardlow going over Hager clean was the right result. Helluva match, but the War Dog needs to do something about his hair.

Sting coming down to the ring to help his son :p you love to see it.

Cody vs. Sydal was one of those weird matches where the action was good but it was practically meaningless and just there to promote the Go Big Show and get Snoop Doggy Dogg involved in some way. Bit of an odd match in that it wasn't objectively the worst but the one I cared the least about this week on Dynamite. The splash and pin was a horrible spot that I could've done without.

Abadon vs. Shida was a horror show!... but not the kind of horror show I expected. I was a little iffy on the idea of Abadon wrestling for the title live but the match was well put together and Shida carried it quite well. Tay & Anna getting promo time afterwards was welcome too, but oh boy... NWA title match > AEW title match, and not for the first time either haha.

Omega vs. Fenix was an absolute banger.

Bullet Club reunion was what it was, I've never been a big fan of Gallows & Anderson but I expected they would go down this road at some point. I just wonder if they did enough to sell that these guys used to team up before AEW because that little detail might have been lost on some.

- Kingston vs Pac was great.

- Chuck vs Miro was solid.

- I hope Hardy sticks to Big Money Matt for a while. I like the Inner Circle having matches against each other. Hangman joining the Dark Order next week!

- Omega & Good Brothers vs Varsity Blondes & Limelight was good. I almost feel sorry for the Young Bucks lol. Nice to see 3 Dark regulars get the rub. Brawl!

- The Waiting Room bumped up to Dynamite. Jade's outfit was amazing. Equal opportunity brawl! Rosa!

- Jurassic Express vs FTR was good. I really want to see Jungle Boy vs Darby.

- Conti vs Deeb © was good.

- Cage vs Darby © was a MOTY Contender. Sting finally got physical.

Main event was definitely great, Darby and Cage work well together as a guy who can eat punishment and a guy who can dish it out. Don't know how Darby can walk half the time though with the punishment he takes, it looks brutal every time!

I really hope Jade Cargill (is that right?) can wrestle. She's been walking around for a while looking like a million bucks, but if she can't wrestle I'll be sad. If she's good? Then she's a potential megastar in waiting.

Dark was weak on paper but fun. Not the best Dynamite but still still a solid show.

- The birthday celebration for Brodie Jr was heartwarming. The tag match was fun. Hangman turning down Dark Order was heartbreaking.

- Sign me up for a Darby/Sting vs Team Taz street fight. Callis is fantastic. That painting lol. Kenny's outfit lol.

- Avalon vs Cody was solid but too long.

- Mox vs Comoroto was solid. Good promo.

- Sydal & Top Flight vs Hardy & Private Party was good. This storyline with Big Money Matt is paying off.

- Hirsch vs Ford was solid.

- Inner Circle tag was good.

Hirsch vs Penelope was way too long. They are far too green to be having matches that long.

Hoping that Santana and Ortiz break away from the Inner Circle soon. The stable is holding them back majorly. Especially now that MJF and Jericho are the designated tag team.

Also, I wonder who was wearing Penta's mask because it was obviously not him. At one point in the attack his jacket was pulled away and the person was missing Penta's tattoos. I know he's legit injured, but I don't know why they try and hide that. Just say he's inured and move on.

Archer vs Kingston next week should be fun

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain Kayfabe" data-cite="Captain Kayfabe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like Peter Avalon's new gimmick as "Pretty Peter" better than the librarian one he used before. He has the cocky/smug hell mannerisms down pretty well. That being said, between the robe he wears and the way he teases the disrobing in the ring, he looks like a child cosplaying Rick Rude.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I kinda like it. He looks and feels like a sleazeball of sorts (versus a real threat). He's not going to 'make it' unless this persona carries him a little farther.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Also,</strong> call me an 'old man' but I really dislike the "Spanish Fly" top rope spot from Sammy. I know he's not the only one who uses this move (by a long shot). That said, it's too theatrical for me & nowhere near realistic looking.</p>

Spanish Fly/Paul Burchill's old thingy has always fell the wrong side of the plausible line to me. Hell, any move that requires both guys to help each other balance on the top rope first has become ridiculous. I'm sick of the top rope superplex.

The Spanish Fly is visually impressive, but yeah, it's silly.

Apparently Starks and Cage vs Darby and Sting is going to be a cinematic match. Should be a good way to hide Sting's age.

I like this for Darby, too. If they do this right, they could really further his persona with great (dark) imagery.

Apparently Starks and Cage vs Darby and Sting is going to be a cinematic match. Should be a good way to hide Sting's age.

Will have to take y'all's word for this. Every time talk of a cinematic match comes up I start to feel ancient. My eyes glaze over and I don't even understand what's been discussed. I'm guessing I've seen some in my time. But if I have, I didn't connect with them to know that's what I was watching. What might I have seen in this vein on regular TV? (I don't watch pay per views.) From someone not named WWE or Impact? (Haven't watched either company in ages.)

Will have to take y'all's word for this. Every time talk of a cinematic match comes up I start to feel ancient. My eyes glaze over and I don't even understand what's been discussed. I'm guessing I've seen some in my time. But if I have, I didn't connect with them to know that's what I was watching. What might I have seen in this vein on regular TV? (I don't watch pay per views.) From someone not named WWE or Impact? (Haven't watched either company in ages.)

The closest thing I can think of is when AEW did the parking lot brawl with Best Friends vs. Proud and Powerful. I'm assuming it'll be like that but much more safe.

The closest thing I can think of is when AEW did the parking lot brawl with Best Friends vs. Proud and Powerful. I'm assuming it'll be like that but much more safe.

I wouldn't call that a cinematic match personally, It's hard to think of one that's not wwe impact or PPV, technically this is still wwe but from a while ago, a case could be made that the Booker T Stone cold in the supermarket and the original Halftime Heat were cinematic matches, even if it didn't have a name yet.

Edit: to be clear IDK if I'd count those myself, but like I said, a case could be made.

I wouldn't call that a cinematic match personally, It's hard to think of one that's not wwe impact or PPV, technically this is still wwe but from a while ago, a case could be made that the Booker T Stone cold in the supermarket and the original Halftime Heat were cinematic matches, even if it didn't have a name yet.

Edit: to be clear IDK if I'd count those myself, but like I said, a case could be made.

Supermarket brawl would be a good comparison.

- Kingston vs Archer was good. The finish was logical because Kingston couldn't mount enough offense to win.

- Jericho & MJF vs Varsity Blondes was solid.

- Page vs Nemeth was solid. Everyone wants a piece of the Hangman.

- Harwood vs Jungle Boy was my MOTN. I'm glad they didn't do an interference spot. The beatdown was fun.

- Dr. Britt vs Shanna was good.

- Dark Order vs Bullet Club was great. Mike Bailey on AEW's radar?