The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

- Lucha Bros vs Jurassic Express was PPV quality. I was exciting having no clue who was going to win.

- Miro did Feugo dirty. Kingston manhandling Miro was great. I had forgotteen what his theme sounded like.

- Bunny vs Conti was good. Nice to see some secondary women's feuds developing.

- Omega & Cutler vs Christian & Kaz was fun.

Lucha Bros vs Jurassic Express was wonderful.

The Eddie Kingston chants are so gratifying for this long time fan. So happy he has a place in a mainstream promotion.

Kingston is my favorite success story in AEW. Years and years of being the wrestling world's best kept secret.

The Battle Royale winner only gets a title shot because of the PAC situation. Supposedly PAC would have beaten Hangman and faced Omega but Dragon Gate kept the title on PAC so he couldn't lose to Omega. Now I could see Jericho winning and Hangman winning the Battle Royale. I would be OK with someone like Havoc or Janela winning instead. They have one more PPV before All-In 2 to make the #1 Contender look credible. I'm not expecting Moxley in the Battle Royale. He's more likely to run in at the end and attack Omega or they'll save him for the next PPV.

Spot on

Another thing I really enjoyed was Giannis Antetokounmpo's seemingly genuine reactions to everything. He was going crazy and falling for the tag match near falls. It was very endearing. I don't care about basketball, but it's always cool when a celeb is a genuine fan instead of looking for exposure.

Another thing I really enjoyed was Giannis Antetokounmpo's seemingly genuine reactions to everything. He was going crazy and falling for the tag match near falls. It was very endearing. I don't care about basketball, but it's always cool when a celeb is a genuine fan instead of looking for exposure.

My friend is a huge Bucks fan and he has nothing but nice things to say about Giannis (even before they won the championship) and has sent me clips of him doing hilarious things like ordering exactly 50 nuggets from Chick-fil-a to celebrate ending the Bucks 50 year championship drought. Lesser men celebrate on private yachts, truly great men like Giannis Antetokounmpo celebrate by pigging out on fast food.

It was also funny listening to Excalibur cleary being the only one able to pronounce his last name, which meant he said it a bunch of times while the others only used his first name. :D

My friend is a huge Bucks fan and he has nothing but nice things to say about Giannis (even before they won the championship) and has sent me clips of him doing hilarious things like ordering exactly 50 nuggets from Chick-fil-a to celebrate ending the Bucks 50 year championship drought. Lesser men celebrate on private yachts, truly great men like Giannis Antetokounmpo celebrate by pigging out on fast food.

That's amazing! I ended up reading more about him and he seems like a really good dude. Which is nice compared to how a lot of pro athletes are.

It was also funny listening to Excalibur cleary being the only one able to pronounce his last name, which meant he said it a bunch of times while the others only used his first name. :D

Yeah that cracked me up too! I can only pronounce his first name and I honestly had to Google his last name to even spell it correctly. Excalibur is such a smart ass and it cracks me up

Have you seen Tony Khan marking out for the guy?

Giannis is the best. The world would be a better place if everyone was like him.

This is the same kid that hopped in a car with random strangers as an NBA player. They took him to practice, because they saw him running down the street in the snow without a winter coat. I don't have enough superlatives for him. It's almost like he's not a real person, he's so childlike.

That's the best case scenario that happens when you escape extreme poverty and racism with your family, and not only you but your brothers also become (very) successful. Dude just wants to be happy and wants everyone around him to be happy.

Have you seen Tony Khan marking out for the guy?

Well I'll be watching that after work tonight! Thank you!

I love TK and he's another guy that always seems so genuine. Justin Roberts posted today about how TK is also a fan, so that really helps when I read or watch stuff he's involved with.

Dynamite was fun as usual this week.

It should be a criminal offense that Santana & Ortiz have yet to be tag champs in AEW. They've been an elite tier team for years and some how improve every match as well. They have incredible chemistry as partners. Not trying to slight FTR at all as they are also one of the elite teams in the world, but somehow it seems like Santana & Ortiz are often overlooked.

That segment with Punk, 2point0, Garcia, Darby, and Sting was straight fire. I hadn't seen Garcia prior to his AEW appearances, but I've become quite a fan. I've been a fan of 2point0 for years, but they're showing great character work here.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Evans and Orange was a let down. Barely 5 minutes and it ended during picture in picture? Lame.

Hobbs and Cage was fun, but super short.

Gunn Club turning heels was pretty fun for me. Austin in particular has really grown on me the last six months or so, but as characters, well they didn't really have characters. Hopefully they get to show some personality beyond being Billy's kids. Colten and Austin are a solid tag team considering how green they are, but they really need a real direction.

Britt teasing Adam Cole signing was hilarious. Here's hoping Jamie has a better showing with Kris on Rampage than she did with Red Velvet.

Tay vs Penelope was very fun and showed just how much both of them have improved since joining AEW. Anna Jay returning is dope as hell. Still holding out hope for Ruby Soho being the Joker in the battle royal though.

Main event was perfectly fine, but just more of the same from the Elite. Kenny's cheap hair dye job is hilarious to me though. Looks like he picked up a bottle of black hair dye from the dollar store a few hours before the show.

I know it's highly unlikely, but I really hope the Lucha Bros take the belts off the Bucks. They're more entertaining and more fun to watch. At least to me.

Main event was perfectly fine, but just more of the same from the Elite. Kenny's cheap hair dye job is hilarious to me though. Looks like he picked up a bottle of black hair dye from the dollar store a few hours before the show.

If you look closely there appears to be blue streaks in his hair, and given that he is such a big anime fan, the dye job is probably purposefully that bad looking.

- FTR vs PnP was my MOTN... but only because I was more invested in the outcome than the main event.

- It was cool seeing Punk, Darby & Sting fighting together. Garcia & 2.0 are getting high profile matches and segments.

- Fantastic promo from MJF. Tony lol.

- OC vs Evans was solid. No-sell on the finish by the commercial break.

- Great promos from Kingston & Miro. Shame it didn't get a longer build. Mox doing his best to sell the Kojima match. Great Darby promo.

- Hobbs vs Cage was good.

- Great Black promo. Gunn Club heel turn was fun. Interesting that QT wasn't behind it. DMD trolling.

- Ford vs Conti was good. Anna! Anna! Anna! Wouldn't mind a Rosa vs Nyla rematch.

- Jurassic Express & Lucha Bros vs Elite was great. Cool cage preview. Barring shenanigans I think the Lucha Bros win at All Out.

I know it's highly unlikely, but I really hope the Lucha Bros take the belts off the Bucks. They're more entertaining and more fun to watch. At least to me.

If the Lucha Bros don't win at All Out, I think it's very likely that Santana and Ortiz beat the bucks at the Arthur Ashe Stadium show in New York.

That was a pretty good show. Everything felt well timed and well placed. 1.05 million is a good number, I thing there's gonna be a significant bump for next week with the fallout of All Out.

-Good to see PNP grab a major win. It would be great to see them winning the belts in New York but I also wanna see Lucha Bros as champions really bad. Tony Khan has a good problem in his hands.

-I'm a mark for Sting so that segment with Darby and Punk was so freakin good.

-Great promo work as usual from MJF and Jericho later on.

-I love Jack Evans, it's always good to see him on TV. Reaaaally feel like OC should not be wrestling so much. The HFO has run its course. It's time to break them up.

-Miro and Kingston is going to be a BANGER! CJ seems to be coming anytime now.

-Pretty good showing from Powerhouse Hobbs. Maybe Cage could use a friend right now.

-That's the first time ever that a segment involving QT was actually good. I hate these Gunn geeks, so them being heels could be good so I can hate them ever harder.

-Tay vs Ford was pretty cool. Both have improved a lot. I love when Tay does those high kicks in the corner. Anna is back but man I hope TK is not thinking about Women's Tag Belts.

-There's not anything needed to say about the main event. When you've got Lucha Bros and The Young Bucks in the same ring, it's always a banger. Great finish with the heels standing tall as well.

I have to say that Brandon Cutler is a GENIUS! His goofy cold spray was actually the most effective way to keep people from escalating the cage. That dude really found his thing. He's a professional geek through and through, and the best one at it.

Fantasy scenario that's honestly plausible:

Punk and Darby as the main event, after awhile, the cameras catch something going on back stage and it's Garcia and 2point0 attacking Sting.

Bryan Danielson or Adam Cole is then revealed as the leader of the Garcia/2point0 group. Those three have been heavily featured and given plenty of promo time despite being recent to the company and not being big names. Something big has to be planned for the. Cole or Bryan would both fit the role as leader of them.

<p>Rampage was real good this evening. </p><p> </p><p>

Dustin Rhodes getting some promo time is always a plus in my book and I look forward to him and Black next week on Dynamite. </p><p> </p><p>

The Kingston/Miro segment was fantastic, but that's just stating the obvious given the talent involved.</p><p> </p><p>

While not perfect, Hayter/Rebel vs Statlander was a much better showing for Hayter than her match with Red Velvet. Rebel also looked good in the ring despite never being treated like a serious worker in AEW. Sometimes people are so good at playing the stooge/sidekick that it's hard to remember that they're solid workers too.</p><p> </p><p>

Solid main event as well as expected from Darby and Garcia. 2point0 referring to Daniel Garcia as their son had me in stitches. I love this entire storyline.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, probably out of left field, but what if Punk is secretly in league with Garcia and 2point0?</p>

<p>- Black vs Johnson was solid. I wonder who his 1st recruit will be.</p><p>

- Shame we won't get any more entertaining promos from Miro & Kingston before All Out.</p><p>

- Hayter & Reba vs Statlander was solid. Impressive strength from Stat.</p><p>

- Darby vs Garcia was my MOTN. Backpack Coffin Drop and Pepsi Twist! Garcia has high ceiling potential.</p>

Quick question for anyone in the UK, but how do you watch AEW when it airs in the US? I've kept up purely from their 11pm slot on ITV 4 and by the time it comes to Saturday I already know or have an inkling on a few major things that have already went down on Dynamite. Same for Rampage, how on earth do I even watch that?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="someguy82" data-cite="someguy82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question for anyone in the UK, but how do you watch AEW when it airs in the US? I've kept up purely from their 11pm slot on ITV 4 and by the time it comes to Saturday I already know or have an inkling on a few major things that have already went down on Dynamite. Same for Rampage, how on earth do I even watch that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> AEW Plus is available in the UK via <a href="https://www.fite.tv/." rel="external nofollow">https://www.fite.tv/.</a> It's $4.99 a month and includes both Dynamite and Rampage.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhd1" data-cite="jhd1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>AEW Plus is available in the UK via <a href="https://www.fite.tv/." rel="external nofollow">https://www.fite.tv/.</a> It's $4.99 a month and includes both Dynamite and Rampage.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would imagine they are available on demand immediately after the shows, as well? I don't have cable, and I work second shift, so I can't watch them live. I'm considering a VPN/AEW+ combo that would be significantly cheaper than something like YouTube TV.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhd1" data-cite="jhd1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>AEW Plus is available in the UK via <a href="https://www.fite.tv/." rel="external nofollow">https://www.fite.tv/.</a> It's $4.99 a month and includes both Dynamite and Rampage.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> cheers man</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would imagine they are available on demand immediately after the shows, as well? I don't have cable, and I work second shift, so I can't watch them live. I'm considering a VPN/AEW+ combo that would be significantly cheaper than something like YouTube TV.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I assume so. I watch the day after but they're always there the minute I check. Fite is pretty good for things like that normally so I can't imagine it'd be much of a delay if there is one.</p>