The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Yeah, those videos are cringey as hell. He's claiming on Twitter that those aren't his real beliefs and has issued an apology. Who knows what's true now in regards to it. I only met him once and he seemed like a very cool dude, but that was just a 20 minute conversation.

If it was something stupid he'd tweeted out once as a failed joke or troll and was embarrassed about, I might give him the benefit of the doubt. But he said this heinous crap in an interview that was going to be sold for money. There's no way he didn't believe in it when he said it. If he's changed since then, I only have one question: why didn't he ever come out and disavow it? "I said some very ignorant and hurtful things in an old shoot interview and would like to take this time to apologize for what I've said." See? Not that hard.

Here, I'll even take it a step further just to demonstrate how to act when you actually regret something: I've personally been a terrible, confrontational jerk for a good chunk of my life and I've posted plenty of stupid crap I'm ashamed of, some on this very forum. A lengthy string of failures coupled with the pandemic forced me to come to terms with how I've acted in the past. I completely disavow any of the stupid and confrontational things I've said on here and I am sorry.

Didn't take me being called out on something to do this. And I'm a nobody! There's no excuse for celebrities in any industry to wait to apologize until they're caught.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As for Bryan/Mox, I think Mox will turn down Bryan. I genuinely love the idea of Bryan mentoring Daniel Garcia AND 2point0 though. 2point0 is one of the most consistently entertaining parts of any show they're on and Garcia is something special.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is really interesting in fact. This stable is gonna be huge. Inner Circle is pretty much done now and we could use some more cool stables. Mox's character is not really a stable type of guy but I'd really love to see him be a part of it.</p>

<p>- Cole vs Uno was solid. Quicker than expected but Cole needed to make a statement. Great promo.</p><p>

- Zay vs Sammy © was good. Nice Andrade & Darby cameos.</p><p>

- QT desperate for that Hook rub lol. Hirsch is ruthless.</p><p>

- Mercedes vs Rosa was good. Loved the steel pipe DQ. With no wins under her belt Mercedes needed a "win" here. Tying it back into DMD & Hayter was effective storytelling. Cool Deeb promo.</p><p>

- Lethal vs Ricky © was my MOTN. Counter finish was great. Strong pre-match promos. Nice Dante cameo.</p>

My only problem with Mercedes being paid by Baker is I don't see why Britt wouldn't want Thunder to win the TBS championship.

Britt should have wanted Thunder to win, she even cut a promo on how the TBS championship would keep one of "those Jealous B's" away from her title.

So why cost Rosa a shot at it, and presumably not being in the hunt for Britt's championship?

Just kinda odd, but more nit picky than anything.

My only problem with Mercedes being paid by Baker is I don't see why Britt wouldn't want Thunder to win the TBS championship.

Britt should have wanted Thunder to win, she even cut a promo on how the TBS championship would keep one of "those Jealous B's" away from her title.

So why cost Rosa a shot at it, and presumably not being in the hunt for Britt's championship?

Just kinda odd, but more nit picky than anything.

She hates Rosa, why would she want her to be successful?

She hates Rosa, why would she want her to be successful?

because if she's the TBS champion, then she isn't challenging for the world title. She specifically mentioned this in multiple promo's leading up to the TBS tourney, that she was happy the new title now existed to give another goal for the rest of the roster to chase and get someone out of her hair as a challenger.

Like I said, it's nit picky, but at the time she "paid" Mercedes to screw Rosa (semifinals), it made absolutely zero sense storyline wise. If Rosa beats Nia, and goes on to Beat Jade and become the first TBS champ, she's out of Britt's hair for months at least. but by screwing Rosa, she basically guaranteed that Rosa is now going to hound her and chase her title, now with the further motivation that Britt screwed her (as if she needs it ha) instead of just having her own problems defending the TBS title.

because if she's the TBS champion, then she isn't challenging for the world title. She specifically mentioned this in multiple promo's leading up to the TBS tourney, that she was happy the new title now existed to give another goal for the rest of the roster to chase and get someone out of her hair as a challenger.

Like I said, it's nit picky, but at the time she "paid" Mercedes to screw Rosa (semifinals), it made absolutely zero sense storyline wise. If Rosa beats Nia, and goes on to Beat Jade and become the first TBS champ, she's out of Britt's hair for months at least. but by screwing Rosa, she basically guaranteed that Rosa is now going to hound her and chase her title, now with the further motivation that Britt screwed her (as if she needs it ha) instead of just having her own problems defending the TBS title.

I can see that point of view, but Baker has been established as a very petty character so I feel like the motivation of not wanting to see her most fearsome rival be successful is still logical.

Looking on the outside in like we are, it's obvious that Rosa will go after Baker again, but from Baker's perspective she just wants to screw Rosa over as much as she can regardless of the scenario.

It's not a perfect storyline by any means, but as a fan, man, I want more Rosa vs Baker :p

- Pinnacle segment was funny. I enjoyed the focus on Wardlow. That turn is coming soon.

- Wardlow vs Blade was solid. Crowd were hot for the Powerbomb Symphony.

- Interesting Penta promo. Inner Circle segment was better than expected. Santana & Ortiz speaking the truth. Jericho showing his true colors. Him and Hager need to turn heel.

- Switchblade! Good way to freshen up the Elite storyline before Kenny returns.

- Zay vs Lee was good. Marked out for Keith Lee! The Bradliest Beal lol. One day we will get Lee vs Miro and it will be awesome.

- Looking forward to the Rosa/Mercedes rematch.

- FTR vs Punk & Mox was great. Never knew I needed a Punk & Mox team before now.

- A.Q.A vs Cargill © was solid. A.Q.A. impressed me in the ring and on the mic.

- Cutler browsing Reddit for spoilers lol.

- Deeb vs Arquette was OK. Nice promo from Deeb. Was expecting a new female signing to debut after the match.

- Archer vs Hangman © was my MOTN. Some of the spots were brutal. Ref-assisted Buckshot Lariat was cool.

One of the best ever non-special Dynamites.

<p>- Roppongi Vice vs Young Bucks was my MOTN. Switchblade!</p><p>

- Bryan beating the young lions to convince them to join him... sign me up.</p><p>

- DMD vs Robyn was solid. Renegade's selling was good. Rosa! Hayter/Mercedes beef continues.</p><p>

- Nice to see Hirsch & Statlander getting promo time. Stat went in hard.</p><p>

- Hook vs Li was solid. Hook's theme is growing on me.</p><p>

- Ass Boys vs Jurassic Express © was great. Winning with the Killswitch was a nice touch.</p><p> </p><p>

I hope all the big guys win their qualifying matches. That would make for a unique ladder match.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> I hope all the big guys win their qualifying matches. That would make for a unique ladder match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As much as I want to see Hobbs and Keith Lee stare each other down, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't salivating over the crazy crap Dante Martin could do in a ladder match.</p>

This is a shocking story. I don’t think he’s going back to work for Vince. After all the bad blood, I just can’t see Cody going back there. But Jeff Jarrett and Warrior came back, so I guess anything is possible. I think Cody might try to go all in on his TV career. Then he can return to AEW in two or three years and instantly get right back in the mix.

so take it for what it's worth (not much)

But Rumor sites are reporting he's going back to WWE. according to again nothing more than these sites, he wanted a "big money" contract and back in on creative control. AEW did not see him back in a creative control roll and the money request was apparently as much or close to what Punk and Danielson are making.

same sites are saying that when he left, the reason was Vince didn't see him as a "main event talent" and thus pay scale, and that Cody is now basically pointing to his run, helping to get AEW started, and his spot as a "main eventer" on that show as proof to Vince he was wrong.

We shall see, very interesting development.

If Cody asked for creative control, I think Vince would laugh him out of the building.

doubt Cody would ask there, the rumors have been out there for awhile though that he feels he should have it in AEW, given the circumstances.

Also, note that absent from Brandi's statement is a thank you to Omega or the Bucks, despite going on forever about other people in the company and her vague little allusion to "not letting other people tell your story"

Drama for dayz lol.

This is a shocking story. I don’t think he’s going back to work for Vince. After all the bad blood, I just can’t see Cody going back there. But Jeff Jarrett and Warrior came back, so I guess anything is possible. I think Cody might try to go all in on his TV career. Then he can return to AEW in two or three years and instantly get right back in the mix.

He is charismatic enough as a wrestler (not superb, not exceptional, but if used right he can do well). He is nowhere near charismatic enough to be a star in television. The Miz is infinitely better at it, and there's a ceiling to what he has done outside of the WWE. I don't see Cody and Brandi even sniffing that ceiling.

How the tables turn though. Kind of surprised that he's being ousted (seems self inflicted, but still, one of the founders is out). Best of luck to him. Maybe he'll go to Impact or somewhere else and cross the Forbidden Door down the line. Would hardly garner a pop though, unless he's been gone sufficiently long.

I honestly think Cody was doing fine until Tony Kahn took complete control of the booking. The whole product changed when that happened and I think Cody lost the creative outlet that being on the booking committee gave him. The only place he could do it was his own storylines - hardly surprising given it’s exactly what TK wants from his roster — their creative is completely in their own hands.

AEW completely changed from what is was pre-pandemic. I’m not surprised there were creative differences between the two. Cody clearly is more interested in traditional style booking and storytelling - whereas TK just kinda wants to showcase great matches and bring in surprises. That’s why Cody’s stuff always seemed out of place.

I’d been considering doing a save — maybe even trying a diary — based on Cody keeping the book using the Before The Fall 2020 mod where there’s no pandemic. I don’t really like AEWs current direction so thought it might be interesting to see how different things could have been. But I was thinking ahead and wondering if I could see a scenario where Cody would eventually leave to start his own promotion cos their creative differences are obvious, that and TK strikes me as the kinda guy who always wanted to get his hands completely on the booking regardless.

I still never imagined he’d ever actually leave for real, though. Ever. Whilst I know money is also an issue he’s gotta be feeling pretty alienated to consider going back to WWE. Good luck to him, though.

It’s not a good look for AEW to be honest. On screen, him leaving will have zero impact, but the implications it has backstage and for the company’s reputation will be interesting. If Cody can leave for WWE (potentially) any one can.