Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A young man walks down the hall finds an officer talking with a well dressed passenger.<p> </p><p> <em><span style="color:#FFA500;">"I'm sorry, officer, may I have a moment of your time?"</span></em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">I suppose. Sir, if you could excuse me?"</span></em></p><p> </p><p> The well dressed passenger nods and makes his exit, ducking around a corner. The young man proceeds, with a smirk on his face.</p><p> </p><p> <em><span style="color:#FFA500;">"I understand you're running the ship now, after the tragic loss of our captain?"</span></em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">"Yes I am. How can I help you?"</span></em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><em><span style="color:#FFA500;">"Actually, I'd like to help you. Can we talk more privately?"</span></em></p><p> </p><p> With a curious look on his face, the two men walk off down the hall, chatting about various things. Down the hall, the well dressed passenger watches with a concerned look.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've been under the impression that the young man was mafia or potentially a townie roleblocking/distracting their target for the night. But now that a cult is a known entity in this game, I have to think that is who this person is. This reads like a successful recruitment. </p><p> </p><p> Young man being cult means I need to re-read previous night phases because this might explain more of what has been happening behind the scenes. </p><p> </p><p> For the cult: They started with 2. I believe we haven't seen a successful recruit yet (I'll re-check that as well). So lynching IER brings them down to 1. And now they're back up to 2.</p><p> </p><p> My feelings on the cult are that they're probably not our biggest concern but it'd still be nice to get rid of them. I won't be shedding any tears if our lynch flips orange but at this point we need to find some red mafia scum.</p><p> </p><p> But scum are scum and I'm willing to listen to logic if there is a good reason to go for someone harmful to town and there's a possibility they are mafia.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> A man stands outside medbay, keeping an eye open down the hall. A towering brute of a man walks down the hall and the two lock eyes.</p><p> </p><p> <em><span style="color:#000080;">"Can I help you? I can't imagine you're wounded, just lookin' at ya. Doesn't seem like the doc's in."</span></em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> </em><em><span style="color:#FF0000;">"Actually, it was you that I was looking for."</span></em></p><p> </p><p> The man dives to the floor as the brute pulls out his gun and fires. The first shot misses, but the man gets to his feet and tries to run and that makes his back an easy target. The second shot hits him square in the center of the back and the man falls to the floor. The brute tucks the gun into his waistband and walks away.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eliphas is dead. He was </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Crew Aligned Security Officer</span></strong><strong>.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is Eliphas dying to scum, same brute we've been seeing a lot of.</p><p> </p><p> Shame to see Eliphas go. For his first game here I feel like he played extremely well. He did a good job pushing town agenda, fighting for his beliefs and pushing back at people he felt were misleading town. I respect that and hope he continues to play, I definitely want to play more games with him in the future.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> As for where I'm at right now, I have some feelings about which direction we should go in this phase. But I want to give others chances to talk and push their own feelings first. That might help my reads because truthfully, I'm really back and forth on what I'm thinking at the moment in regards to about 2-3 people.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Opulent" data-cite="Opulent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Should probably chime in on the lynch as well, but I said it during Day 2 that it felt like an opportunistic wagon on an inactive. Of course, he did himself 0 favours with his attitude so I can’t judge harshly. I agree on pursuing every name from the voted for him twice list</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’d really like to know where your minds at. Do you see a good direction?</p>

<p>I'll do my Young Man review too, maybe that'll spark some conversation.</p><p> </p><p> Night One:</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> People hustle and fly through a busy corridor. A woman spots someone she knows and slips an earpiece into her friend's pocket. Another man walks calmly, patting a fellow crewman on the back as he passes. The calm man smiles and pauses. A young man runs up to him.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FFA500;">"Sir, do you have a moment?"</span></p><p> </p><p> His smile persisting, he shakes his head and continues on his way, the youngster quickly lost in the shuffle of people behind him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Young man targets calm man, calm man shakes his head no. Don't think calm man has been revealed yet.</p><p> </p><p> Night Two:</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A young man walks through the hall. He walks with purpose, but never speaks to anyone.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm, never speaking to anyone. Maybe they targeted the same hider that others were struggling to find. That's what I'd guess, at least.</p><p> </p><p> Night Three:</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> A gruff, older man talks with other members of the crew. As they talk, a woman passes by. She attempts to drop something in his pocket, but gets bumped by a stranger and her item falls to the floor, swiftly crushed under a boot.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;"><em>"So sorry, that was an accident. I didn't mean to break it."</em></span></p><p> </p><p> His focus broken from the conversation, the gruff man turns to the woman, who apologizes quietly and walks off. A young man approaches the group, hesitates, and then keeps walking. A passenger, dressed to the nines, stands at a corner, observing the scene.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Unclear who the young man targeted here, there's a whole mess of targets. Gruff older man, the gifting woman, the bumper. Either way, nothing successful seemed to happen.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> And today's day phase which had the successful recruit of the first mate sounding kind of guy. It looks like our well dressed famous passenger caught it too.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Again, hopefully we focus more of our energy/efforts on mafia than cult but wanted to put this out there in case anyone had anything of value to add. At the very least, keeps us all on the same page.</p>

<p>@tss, remember there are seven people you can trust are telling the truth when re-reading. I'm telling you, you can trust me, but my reads have been off considering at least two are dead and one alive as to whom I suspected were scum, and none are.</p><p> </p><p>

21. Opulent v1 (not necessarily v2)- Crew Aligned Wanted Criminal</p><p>

14. The Archer - Crew Aligned Crewman</p><p>

9. Eternal Phoenix - Crew Aligned Crewman</p><p>

11. BHK1978 - Crew Aligned Captain</p><p>

6. Imarevenant</p><p>

13. Michgcs</p><p>

22. Eliphas</p><p> </p><p>

Sorry I'm not much help besides that, but I have re-read things, and outside of not being happy with myself over Archer, I'm not seeing anything different then I've already posted. Same people look scummy, etc. To be honest, even Rev's been looking scummy to me since around day three. If not for something I caught, I'd still be watching him closely.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’d really like to know where your minds at. Do you see a good direction?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What about you, do you?</p>

<p>Are you thinking the young man targeted the same person two nights in a row N2 & N3?</p><p> </p><p>

I believe dj thought he could be the calm man from N1 but wasn't positive.</p><p> </p><p>

There is something that has me bewildered. I'm sure it hasn't been lost on folks but just spun me around.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Emark" data-cite="Emark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you thinking the young man targeted the same person two nights in a row N2 & N3?<p> </p><p> I believe dj thought he could be the calm man from N1 but wasn't positive.</p><p> </p><p> There is something that has me bewildered. I'm sure it hasn't been lost on folks but just spun me around.</p></div></blockquote>What's got you bewildered?<p> </p><p> Something just occurred to me, I wonder if anyone else has had the thought I just had.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>@tss, remember there are seven people you can trust are telling the truth when re-reading. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> /nod. Tomorrow I'm going to be digging through pretty much page 1 to now. Hopefully the dead can point town in the right direction.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>/nod. Tomorrow I'm going to be digging through pretty much page 1 to now. Hopefully the dead can point town in the right direction.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why did you vote on Archer (I'm not harping, it's a true detective thing I just had), because you were an earlier vote. Myself, I thought for sure he was scum, I didn't vote, but I sure helped get votes on him. I'm saying all that so you know this is a legit thought about the whole thing I just had.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> And today's day phase which had the successful recruit of the first mate sounding kind of guy. It looks like our well dressed famous passenger caught it too.</p><p> .</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If my gut is right, I might know who the young man and who the recruit is.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why did you vote on Archer (I'm not harping, it's a true detective thing I just had), because you were an earlier vote. Myself, I thought for sure he was scum, I didn't vote, but I sure helped get votes on him. I'm saying all that so you know this is a legit thought about the whole thing I just had.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> With Archer, different reasoning for different days.</p><p> </p><p> On Day Two, the vote was between The Two, Archer, and MLT. I had just done an ISO on MLT and she was honestly looking more townie to me than scum at that point. And I was feeling more confident that Archer was scum than The Two.</p><p> </p><p> On Day Three, my vote was either going on Archer or Lukess. That was until Archer came out as hyper aggressive (in my opinion). I think truthfully, I was kind of thrown off and uncomfortable with the way he was acting which affected my judgment and made him look super scummy. I just didn't like the way I felt he was attacking everyone and deflecting questions (and conveniently disappearing when you challenged him to actually back up his comment with proof). Honestly, I was pretty much certain he was scum until he actually flipped. I'm still kind of stunned by it, feel like it has messed up my game.</p><p> </p><p> What you thinking/discover? Maybe it can help. I need some sleep but I'll read it tomorrow.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If my gut is right, I might know who the young man and who the recruit is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And that's super interesting too. Looking forward to seeing how the game has developed when I'm back up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What about you, do you?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly, no. I’d like to hear from Opulent. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If my gut is right, I might know who the young man and who the recruit is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you think the recruiting group are on our side?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And that's super interesting too. Looking forward to seeing how the game has developed when I'm back up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I am fairly certain who now, this write-up seems to have confirmed my suspicions. Unless I totally misread my place in it. Which I think is unlikely.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Do you think the recruiting group are on our side?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really can't tell, not everything is black and white this game. But if it is a mutiny that they are planning then I can't think it will bode well for the crew.</p>

I am currently travelling back to my home town for a holiday, so hopefully I can be more active then I had been in the past few days. I also will post my thoughts and suspiciouns, based on what I had gathered from the past few days. See you later folks.

<p>So what potential roles do we think the “officer” would have? 2nd in command and now into the disgruntled side it appears. We’ve been talking about the other two in the scene but not him direct.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

It’s annoying to have so much focus on the cult than the mafia but that’s the hand we’ve been dealt. We should just notice who starts to hang back while the town is occupied with this over the primary scum.</p>

Rev, whenever you're around, do you trust DJ as much as he seems to trust you? DJ, I'm still not sure how your dream role works, maybe I'm missing something. Can you give me the flavour behind it?

Obviously my theory of he and ier being the young man and little knife wielding girl was wrong. So, I've got to re-read and take the time to reset my read on him.

Does it mean I 87% trust him. No. But I feel better about him today than yesterday.

Since you are around, care to share about yourself? Who do you trust? WHY? Do you believe DJ, TSS and OP are all town? Do you go out at night?

If you had to bet your life on picking out just one mafia member, who would you choose? Why?

Also, @Two. Please answer my previous question. Was your previous post to me on day 2 a hint or not?

Yeah, I am fairly certain who now, this write-up seems to have confirmed my suspicions. Unless I totally misread my place in it. Which I think is unlikely.

I really can't tell, not everything is black and white this game. But if it is a mutiny that they are planning then I can't think it will bode well for the crew.

This type of crap annoys me and makes you look scummy as hell. You have a theory put it out so the rest of us can review and give it merit, or not. Stating you have a theory then coming back 2 hours later to say you'll discuss it later just looks like an attempt to both stall and appear to be contributing.

It's ok to be wrong in your accusations and reads. It happens to everyone.

That goes for you too TSS. You've been good about asking questions but you haven't been putting your reads out there (unless in some list) and actually pushing anyone. You said at the start of this phase that there are 2 or 3 you are going back and forth on. Great, push them and see where the chips lie.

Archived